|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, The Fall of Hastings, This Act of Usurpation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do most contemporary historians think Gloucester had made up his mind to usurp the throne?
(a) The beginning of January, 1483.
(b) The middle of June, 1483.
(c) The end of September, 1483.
(d) The end of May, 1483.
2. Who was Elizabeth Shore?
(a) She was the King's daughter.
(b) She was the King's niece.
(c) She was the King's wife.
(d) She was the King's favorite mistress.
3. What was the debate about the government during the King's minority?
(a) Whether or not to crown the Prince of Wales.
(b) Whether or not to let the Queen govern as regent.
(c) Whether or not to give Gloucester sovereign power.
(d) Whether or not to give Lord Hastings the position of Lord Protector.
4. At age forty, how is Edward IV described physically by his contemporaries?
(a) He is described as short and dark, with muscular shoulders and legs.
(b) He is described as slim and willowy, almost ladylike.
(c) He is described as overweight, partaking in too many of life's excesses.
(d) He is described as tall and thin, extremely pious and eating little.
5. What court faction was Clarence staunchly opposed to?
(a) The Wydvilles.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The French.
(d) The Yorkists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What process usually reserved for magnates of the realm was overlooked before Hastings' execution?
2. Who probably wrote the Croyland Chronicle?
3. Why was Hastings executed so swiftly after Gloucester's accusation?
4. Who were the children of Edward IV and Elizabeth Wydville?
5. During Edward IV's reign, what was England's state?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)