|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, The Fall of Hastings, This Act of Usurpation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first sovereign of the House of York?
(a) Edward IV.
(b) Henry VI.
(c) Edward VI.
(d) Henry V.
2. What news did Gloucester give the young King that shocked him?
(a) Gloucester told Edward V that his councillors were conspiring to kill him.
(b) Gloucester told Edward V that he was the rightful King.
(c) Gloucester told Edward V that his mother died.
(d) Gloucester told Edward V that France had invaded England.
3. How many months was Queen Elizabeth forced to stay in sanctuary with her children?
4. How did Gloucester try to disinherit the Princes?
(a) He claimed they were secret French spies.
(b) He said his claim to the throne was better.
(c) He claimed they were unequipped mentally.
(d) He had them declared bastards.
5. What group was appointed to watch over the Prince of Wales until he reached adulthood?
(a) A group of German mercenaries.
(b) An elite team of knights including Arthur and Lancelot.
(c) A legal team of Parliament lawyers.
(d) A Council including the Queen, Richard, and Clarence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lord Howard support Gloucester?
2. Where did Gloucester send Rivers, Grey, and Vaughn?
3. Why weren't Clarence's children eligible for the succession?
4. After Richard's coup, what family's power in court ended?
5. Who was briefly made King during the rebellion?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)