|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, The Fall of Hastings, This Act of Usurpation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hastings executed so swiftly after Gloucester's accusation?
(a) He knew too much about Gloucester's plot to usurp the throne.
(b) The Queen insisted his execution be expedited.
(c) He angered his attendants and they could not wait to put him to death.
(d) It was the law that the accused be executed quickly.
2. Where did Gloucester send Rivers, Grey, and Vaughn?
(a) He sent them to France to fight.
(b) He sent them to strongholds in the north.
(c) He sent them to the Tower of London.
(d) He sent them to Wales.
3. What charge did Warwick and Clarence try to level against Edward IV?
(a) They tried to charge him with murder.
(b) They tried to declare his marriage invalid.
(c) They attempted to have him declared a bastard.
(d) They attempted to disprove his policies.
4. Where was King Edward V to reside before his coronation?
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) The Tower of London.
5. What did Gloucester tell the councillors about Hastings's execution?
(a) He said Hastings had planned to usurp the throne.
(b) He said Hastings had planned to marry Elizabeth Wydville.
(c) He said Hastings had planned to kidnap the king.
(d) He said Hastings had planned to murder him in the council meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of England did Richard of Gloucester live and govern?
2. Who was Richard of Gloucester's son?
3. What was the debate about the government during the King's minority?
4. How did Hastings react when Richard confided his plans to him?
5. At the time of the War of the Roses, how much of the English population lived in towns and cities?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)