|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Angiers is the reader aware exist in Section 14, Part 4?
2. What is written in or on the item Olivia gives Angier in their final meeting?
(a) "I'm pregnant."
(b) "I love you."
(d) "I know your secret."
3. What is the first object tested in Tesla's apparatus?
(a) A cat.
(b) An iron rod.
(d) A gold coin.
4. By Section 10, Part 4 Angier has two life goals. What is his goal for his personal life?
(a) Regain an amicable relationship with Julia.
(b) Re-Marry Julia.
(c) Marry Olivia.
(d) Have children with Olivia.
5. How does Angier initially contact Julia when he returns to take over his father's estate?
(a) He shows up at her door.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A letter.
6. After Julia miscarries, where does she spend most of her time?
(a) In the bar.
(b) In her room, alone.
(c) On stage with Angier.
(d) At social parties.
7. Angier vows to perform Borden's illusion even better than Borden within ___________ of his return from America.
(a) One season.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
8. What is the second condition Julia sets in order for her to return to Angier?
(a) He must stay in London while she move to his family home.
(b) He must stay in London instead of moving to his family home.
(c) He must move to his family home while she stays in London.
(d) He must move to his family home instead of staying in London.
9. Where does Angier travel to meet Nikola Tesla?
(a) New York.
(d) Colorado Springs.
10. After his first performance of the new In A Flash was a flop, what does Angier decide he needs to do?
(a) Build up the illusion more.
(b) Use more volunteers from the audience.
(c) Increase the sparks coming from the machine.
(d) Add music to the stunt.
11. When Angier contacts Tesla about his performance on electricity, what does Angier think of Tesla's response?
(a) He does not understand Tesla's response.
(b) He believes Tesla does not like him.
(c) He believes Tesla is only telling him half of the truth.
(d) He believes Tesla is lying to him.
12. What does Angier realize about Tesla and Borden in Section 11, Part 4?
(a) They did business together in the past.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They are in cahoots.
(d) They have never met.
13. During Angier's performance that the power went out in mid-illusion, what did Angier see happen to the faint image of himself that appeared int he lodge he was supposed to appear in?
(a) It looked like it was on fire.
(b) It exploded in a cloud of smoke.
(c) It fell backward and disappeared.
(d) It transformed into an image or Borden.
14. Where does the partial Angier find Borden, when he is looking to kill Borden?
(a) Walking home.
(b) In his workshop.
(c) At home.
(d) In his dressing room.
15. Whose name does Olivia use when applying to work for Bordon?
(a) Her mother's maiden name.
(b) Her aunt's maiden name.
(c) Her aunt's last name.
(d) Her mother's first name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry Cutter?
2. Olivia suggests she could apply to be Bordon's ___________ and discover his secret.
3. What does Angier realize about himself and the prestige at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
4. Why is Angier planning to stage his own death?
5. When Angier's In A Flash becomes a success with Tesla's machine, what remains a problem for Angier?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)