|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does Olivia use when applying to work for Bordon?
(a) Her mother's maiden name.
(b) Her mother's first name.
(c) Her aunt's last name.
(d) Her aunt's maiden name.
2. What last name does Oliva give when applying to work for Bordon?
3. What about the object Angier purchases from Koenig upsets Julia?
(a) Borden's tone.
(b) The price.
(c) The look in Borden's eyes.
(d) The color.
4. Who passes away at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
5. Where does Angier meet Olivia?
6. Angier vows to perform Borden's illusion even better than Borden within ___________ of his return from America.
(a) One week.
(b) One season.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
7. Who records the death at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
8. Why will Angier's plan for a final revenge on Borden truly bother Borden?
(a) Borden will have to retire knowing he is not London's best magician.
(b) Borden will be forced to admit that Angier is a better magician than him.
(c) Borden will know it was Angier, but Angier is supposedly dead.
(d) Borden will never be able to forgive himself for what he's done to Angier.
9. What causes Julia to have a miscarriage?
(a) She trips on stage.
(b) Nothing, it just happens.
(c) Borden pushes her down.
(d) She slips in the shower.
10. When Angier contacts Tesla about his performance on electricity, what does Angier think of Tesla's response?
(a) He believes Tesla is only telling him half of the truth.
(b) He believes Tesla does not like him.
(c) He does not understand Tesla's response.
(d) He believes Tesla is lying to him.
11. Angier writes in Section 14, Part 4 that he continues to live in London as a resident who __________________.
(a) Does not contribute to society.
(b) Is more important that he used to be.
(c) Cannot be seen.
(d) Others do not like.
12. Olivia suggests she could apply to be Bordon's ___________ and discover his secret.
(c) Ticket handler.
13. What happens after Olivia is hired by Bordon?
(a) She is miserable working with Bordon.
(b) Bordon discovers she is a spy and fires her.
(c) She decides to be a magician herself.
(d) She grows distant to Angier.
14. What is different about the illusion In A Flash using Tesla's machine after a year?
(a) Angier performs the illusion several times a week, but has to remain in bed all weekend to recover.
(b) It has become so painful for Angier that he dreads performing it.
(c) It is no longer painful for Angier, and he looks forward to it.
(d) Angier performs the illusion much faster now, as it is so painful.
15. Who is Harry Cutter?
(a) Bordon's ingeniuer.
(b) Angier's assistant.
(c) Angier's ingeniuer.
(d) Bordon's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gerald Root attempts to _____________ Angier.
2. What does Angier tell Telsa the machine is actually intended for, after the first object is tested?
3. After being hired by Bordon, what does Olivia send her maid to do at Angier's?
4. Where does Angier travel to meet Nikola Tesla?
5. On whose behalf is Koenig trying to sell something to Angier in Section 14, Part 4?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)