|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the partial Angier invisible?
(a) In the direct sunlight.
(b) In the dark.
(c) In bright lights.
(d) In dim lighting.
2. Where does the partial Angier find Borden, when he is looking to kill Borden?
(a) In his workshop.
(b) At home.
(c) Walking home.
(d) In his dressing room.
3. What is the second condition Julia sets in order for her to return to Angier?
(a) He must move to his family home while she stays in London.
(b) He must move to his family home instead of staying in London.
(c) He must stay in London instead of moving to his family home.
(d) He must stay in London while she move to his family home.
4. What happens after Olivia is hired by Bordon?
(a) She decides to be a magician herself.
(b) Bordon discovers she is a spy and fires her.
(c) She is miserable working with Bordon.
(d) She grows distant to Angier.
5. What does Angier realize about Tesla and Borden in Section 11, Part 4?
(a) They have never met.
(b) They are in cahoots.
(c) They did business together in the past.
(d) They hate each other.
6. What is different about the illusion In A Flash using Tesla's machine after a year?
(a) It is no longer painful for Angier, and he looks forward to it.
(b) Angier performs the illusion several times a week, but has to remain in bed all weekend to recover.
(c) Angier performs the illusion much faster now, as it is so painful.
(d) It has become so painful for Angier that he dreads performing it.
7. How long does Angier take to improve his new version of In A Flash, from the first performance to the second?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What does Angier discover from personal research about Borden prior to Angier's American tour?
(a) Borden has a spy who steels other magician's tricks.
(b) Borden does not have a twin.
(c) Borden has a secret lover.
(d) Borden flunked out of school.
9. What is written in or on the item Olivia gives Angier in their final meeting?
(a) "I'm pregnant."
(c) "I love you."
(d) "I know your secret."
10. How does Angier describe his relationship with Olivia at the beginning of Section 10, Part 4?
(a) No longer in love; more like companions clinging to each other.
(b) Very much in love and trying to start a family.
(c) More in love than ever and planning to marry.
(d) No longer in love and growing to resent one another.
11. After his first performance of the new In A Flash was a flop, what does Angier decide he needs to do?
(a) Add music to the stunt.
(b) Increase the sparks coming from the machine.
(c) Build up the illusion more.
(d) Use more volunteers from the audience.
12. Before his tour to America, where is Angier invited to perform for two weeks?
13. Who passes away at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
14. What does Angier do when Tesla increases the price charge for creating the apparatus Angier wants?
(a) Angier laughs and refuses to pay any more than the original price.
(b) Angier agrees to pay it.
(c) Angier barders with a counter-offer.
(d) Angier gets angry and leaves.
15. How does Angier initially contact Julia when he returns to take over his father's estate?
(a) He shows up at her door.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of health is the Angier living with his wife and children in?
2. After ten years of no entries, what does Angier describe in detail?
3. Who is Olivia Svenson?
4. What does Olivia say the word(s) mean which are written on the object she gives Angier in their final meeting?
5. Olivia suggests she could apply to be Bordon's ___________ and discover his secret.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)