|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angier do publicly when he and his family prepare to return to his family house?
(a) Denounces Borden.
(b) Apologizes to Borden.
(c) Announces his retirement.
(d) Fakes his own death.
2. When Olivia meets with Angier for the last time, what object does she give him?
(a) A love letter.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A picture.
(d) A book.
3. What is the Angier family house called?
4. What do Angier and Julia agree was the reason their marriage initially failed?
5. What about the object Angier purchases from Koenig upsets Julia?
(a) The look in Borden's eyes.
(b) Borden's tone.
(c) The price.
(d) The color.
6. Why will Angier's plan for a final revenge on Borden truly bother Borden?
(a) Borden will be forced to admit that Angier is a better magician than him.
(b) Borden will know it was Angier, but Angier is supposedly dead.
(c) Borden will have to retire knowing he is not London's best magician.
(d) Borden will never be able to forgive himself for what he's done to Angier.
7. In the year that Angier resisted retaliating against Borden, what was the final incident Borden conducted that cause Angier to finally retaliate again?
(a) Borden lowered an advertisement in the middle of Angier's Performance.
(b) Borden stole Olivia away from Angier and hired her has his own assistant.
(c) Borden started a whisper campaign against Angier.
(d) Borden attended Angier's performance and loudly heckled him from the audience.
8. Where does Angier meet Olivia?
9. Angier decides to never put Julia in danger again after her miscarriage, so what does he do?
(a) Locks her in her room.
(b) Divorces her.
(c) Hires a bodyguide for her.
(d) Hires an assistant.
10. What is one reason that the partial Angier decides to kill Borden?
(a) So Borden can never out-perform him again.
(b) To protect Julia from Borden.
(c) He believes Borden will kill him otherwise.
(d) Angier blaims Borden for his current state of duplicity.
11. What does Olivia say the word(s) mean which are written on the object she gives Angier in their final meeting?
(a) It is the truth.
(b) It is Olivia's secret.
(c) It is a threat.
(d) It is Bordon's secret.
12. What is a second reason the partial Angier decides to kill Borden?
(a) To protect Julia from Borden.
(b) He believes Borden will kill him otherwise.
(c) For stealing Olive.
(d) So Borden can never out-perform him again.
13. After her miscarriage, Julia is __________.
14. How does Borden look when the partial Angier finds him with the intention of killing him?
(a) Grey-haired and physically weak.
(b) Depleated with worry and stress.
(c) Like he hasn't slept in weeks.
(d) Young, strong, and healthy.
15. What does Angier realize about himself and the prestige at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
(a) They look identical, but have separate thoughts and personalities.
(b) They are mirror images of one another.
(c) They are two parts of one man.
(d) They cannot got exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Angier cancels the rest of his bookings because he is ill, what does he do with the apparatus?
2. What happens after Olivia is hired by Bordon?
3. When Angier contacts Tesla about his performance on electricity, what does Angier think of Tesla's response?
4. What does Angier resolve to do as his final revenge on Borden?
5. Gerald Root attempts to _____________ Angier.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)