|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angier realize about Tesla and Borden in Section 11, Part 4?
(a) They have never met.
(b) They are in cahoots.
(c) They did business together in the past.
(d) They hate each other.
2. How long does Angier take to improve his new version of In A Flash, from the first performance to the second?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
3. What is the first object tested in Tesla's apparatus?
(a) A gold coin.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) A cat.
4. Why is Angier planning to stage his own death?
(a) So he can pretend to come back from the dead as a final trick.
(b) To spend more time with Julia.
(c) So fans will stop hounding him.
(d) To trick Borden.
5. Angier vows to perform Borden's illusion even better than Borden within ___________ of his return from America.
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One season.
(d) One week.
6. What is one reason that the partial Angier decides to kill Borden?
(a) He believes Borden will kill him otherwise.
(b) Angier blaims Borden for his current state of duplicity.
(c) So Borden can never out-perform him again.
(d) To protect Julia from Borden.
7. What does Angier realize about himself and the prestige at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
(a) They cannot got exist.
(b) They are mirror images of one another.
(c) They are two parts of one man.
(d) They look identical, but have separate thoughts and personalities.
8. What is the Angier family house called?
9. What does Angier discover from personal research about Borden prior to Angier's American tour?
(a) Borden has a secret lover.
(b) Borden has a spy who steels other magician's tricks.
(c) Borden does not have a twin.
(d) Borden flunked out of school.
10. After his first performance of the new In A Flash was a flop, what does Angier decide he needs to do?
(a) Add music to the stunt.
(b) Use more volunteers from the audience.
(c) Increase the sparks coming from the machine.
(d) Build up the illusion more.
11. After ten years of no entries, what does Angier describe in detail?
(a) The birth of his daughter.
(b) His affair with his assistant.
(c) A new trick called The Great Disappearance.
(d) The performance Borden interrupted.
12. What does Angier do when Tesla increases the price charge for creating the apparatus Angier wants?
(a) Angier gets angry and leaves.
(b) Angier barders with a counter-offer.
(c) Angier agrees to pay it.
(d) Angier laughs and refuses to pay any more than the original price.
13. How does Angier initially contact Julia when he returns to take over his father's estate?
(a) He shows up at her door.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
14. Where does the partial Angier find Borden, when he is looking to kill Borden?
(a) In his dressing room.
(b) Walking home.
(c) In his workshop.
(d) At home.
15. What is different about the illusion In A Flash using Tesla's machine after a year?
(a) Angier performs the illusion much faster now, as it is so painful.
(b) It is no longer painful for Angier, and he looks forward to it.
(c) Angier performs the illusion several times a week, but has to remain in bed all weekend to recover.
(d) It has become so painful for Angier that he dreads performing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angier say the new process for In A Flash causes for him?
2. Angier writes in Section 14, Part 4 that he continues to live in London as a resident who __________________.
3. Where does Angier travel to meet Nikola Tesla?
4. What does Angier resolve to do as his final revenge on Borden?
5. When Olivia meets with Angier for the last time, what object does she give him?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)