|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After ten years of no entries, what does Angier describe in detail?
(a) The birth of his daughter.
(b) A new trick called The Great Disappearance.
(c) The performance Borden interrupted.
(d) His affair with his assistant.
2. Who records the death at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
3. What does Angier realize about himself and the prestige at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
(a) They are mirror images of one another.
(b) They are two parts of one man.
(c) They look identical, but have separate thoughts and personalities.
(d) They cannot got exist.
4. What does Koenig inform Angier about Borden in Section 14, Part 4?
(a) Borden has had an accident and may die.
(b) Borden has announced that he has a twin.
(c) Borden is in love with Angier's wife.
(d) One of the Bordens has died of heart failure.
5. How does Angier describe his relationship with Olivia at the beginning of Section 10, Part 4?
(a) More in love than ever and planning to marry.
(b) Very much in love and trying to start a family.
(c) No longer in love; more like companions clinging to each other.
(d) No longer in love and growing to resent one another.
6. When Angier contacts Tesla about his performance on electricity, what does Angier think of Tesla's response?
(a) He believes Tesla is lying to him.
(b) He believes Tesla does not like him.
(c) He believes Tesla is only telling him half of the truth.
(d) He does not understand Tesla's response.
7. Whose name does Olivia use when applying to work for Bordon?
(a) Her aunt's maiden name.
(b) Her mother's maiden name.
(c) Her mother's first name.
(d) Her aunt's last name.
8. When Angier's In A Flash becomes a success with Tesla's machine, what remains a problem for Angier?
(a) Disposal of the prestige material.
(b) The set up time for the performance.
(c) Finding a trustworthy assistant.
(d) The ticket price.
9. Why is Angier planning to stage his own death?
(a) So fans will stop hounding him.
(b) To spend more time with Julia.
(c) So he can pretend to come back from the dead as a final trick.
(d) To trick Borden.
10. What is necessary for the partial Angier to be visible?
(b) A great deal of light.
(c) Total darkness.
(d) Dim lights.
11. After his first performance of the new In A Flash was a flop, what does Angier decide he needs to do?
(a) Increase the sparks coming from the machine.
(b) Add music to the stunt.
(c) Build up the illusion more.
(d) Use more volunteers from the audience.
12. Why has Angier incorporated grease and special lighting into his performance?
(a) To distract the audience from what he is really doing to make the illusion happen.
(b) To appear ill.
(c) To hide his bald spot while performing.
(d) To appear more tan and muscular while performing.
13. On whose behalf is Koenig trying to sell something to Angier in Section 14, Part 4?
(a) Alfred Borden.
(b) His own.
(c) Nikolas Tesla.
(d) Olive Westcombe.
14. What happens after Olivia is hired by Bordon?
(a) Bordon discovers she is a spy and fires her.
(b) She grows distant to Angier.
(c) She decides to be a magician herself.
(d) She is miserable working with Bordon.
15. What is the second condition Julia sets in order for her to return to Angier?
(a) He must stay in London instead of moving to his family home.
(b) He must move to his family home instead of staying in London.
(c) He must move to his family home while she stays in London.
(d) He must stay in London while she move to his family home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Angier's plan for a final revenge on Borden truly bother Borden?
2. What does Angier think the first time he sees Borden's New Transported Man illusion?
3. What is different about the illusion In A Flash using Tesla's machine after a year?
4. Who is Olivia Svenson?
5. How many Angiers is the reader aware exist in Section 14, Part 4?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)