|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aliena go to find Jack?
2. What condition does Philip give Jack if he wants to be master builder of the cathedral?
(a) Jack and Aliena must live apart.
(b) Jack must stay within the budget.
(c) Jack must adopt Jonathan.
(d) Jack must become a monk.
3. What is Richard's position in Kingsbridge?
(b) Wool business manager
(c) Accountant for the monastery
(d) Head of security
4. What horrifies William when he goes to visit Kingsbridge?
(a) It is more affluent than Shiring.
(b) It is full of beggars and thieves.
(c) It is in ruins.
(d) It is burned to the ground.
5. Why does Alfred come to see Jack after 10 years of absence?
(a) He comes to get Aliena back.
(b) He comes for revenge.
(c) He asks Jack for a job.
(d) He comes to ask forgiveness.
6. What happens at the church service in Kingsbridge Cathedral on Whitsunsday?
(a) Richard is named as Earl of Shiring.
(b) Prior Philip is named Archbishop.
(c) The bishops are impressed with the gorgeous cathedral.
(d) The stone ceiling collapses on the congregation.
7. How many children do Jack and Aliena have?
8. What does Aliena teach Elizabeth when they meet in church?
(a) How to gain the respect of her servants and soldiers
(b) How to dress like a proper lady
(c) How to buy the best fabric at the market
(d) How to keep William happy
9. What does Richard do when he finds Alfred trying to rape Aliena?
(a) Knocks him unconscious
(b) Throws Alfred out the door
(c) Tells Alfred to get out
(d) Kills him
10. What is Aliena's reaction when Jack tells her he hired Alfred?
(a) She calls him a fool.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is delighted.
11. Who helps Jack escape from his punishment?
12. What does Richard tell Aliena to do when he finds that she has lost everything?
(a) To open a tavern
(b) To make more money
(c) To look for work in the city
(d) To plow the field
13. What does Tom give to Jack that no other man could give?
(a) His wedding ring
(b) The cathedral
(c) A loving brother
(d) His mason's tools
14. What does Aliena tell Richard he should do to be named Earl of Shiring?
(a) Forcibly take Earlcastle
(b) Ask King Stephen for the earldom
(c) Assassinate William
(d) Bribe William
15. What is Jack's punishment for talking to Aliena unsupervised?
(a) He must lie in front of the altar and beg forgiveness.
(b) He is locked in a cell.
(c) He is locked in his room.
(d) He must fast for 30 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip model the plans for a new town after?
2. Who convinces Waleran to block Aliena's annulment from Alfred?
3. What do the masons decide should happen as a result of the fight between Jack and Alfred?
4. When William asks King Stephen for the earldom, who is also there saying he should be the earl?
5. What is Philip granted when he asks for a market license?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)