|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: 1140 - 1142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the accusers do as the young man hangs from the noose?
(a) They jeer the person who screamed at the prisoner's death.
(b) They turn and ride away.
(c) They laugh at the dead man.
(d) They stare at the gallows.
2. What is the condition of Tom and his family by the time Christmas arrives?
(a) They are starving
(b) They are happy to be together in a warm cave.
(c) They are doing well because of Tom's new job.
(d) They are healthy and warm in a new home.
3. What reaction do the old women have toward the prisoner?
(a) They feel he deserves his fate.
(b) They feel sorry for him.
(c) They are glad he is about to hang.
(d) They think he is handsome.
4. What type of people live in the homes of the town square?
(b) The poor of the town
(c) Craftsmen and traders
5. Where do Aliena and Richard find the money their father had left them?
(a) With a friend in Salisbury
(b) With a priest who has spent some of it
(c) With a peasant family
(d) With the monks in a monastery
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philip's only hope that the Kingsbridge Cathedral will be completed?
2. What do the young men in the marketplace think is lucky for a condemned man?
3. What is the condemned man accused of stealing?
4. How many men show up to work on the cathedral?
5. How do Richard and Aliena escape the castle?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)