|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: 1140 - 1142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the prisoner react when one of the boys spits in his face?
(a) He snarls a curse and lunges at the boy.
(b) He ignores the boy.
(c) He tells the boy that he forgives him.
(d) He begins to cry.
2. What do the young boys of the village admire the most?
(b) A tender ballad
(d) A loving mother
3. How does Philip plan to speed up the work on the cathedral repairs?
(a) Anyone who works on the cathedral will receive a full pardon for all their sins as well as food and drink.
(b) He has the masons work overtime.
(c) He raises the mason's daily wage.
(d) He brings in more masons from the city.
4. What do the young men in the marketplace think is lucky for a condemned man?
(a) To have a friend shoot him with an arrow before he hangs
(b) To break his neck, resulting in a quick death
(c) To hang slowly in the hope of being rescued
(d) To be forgiven by a priest
5. How do the young maidens feel about the prisoner?
(a) They think he is ugly.
(b) They think he is possessed.
(c) They think he is retarded.
(d) They think he is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Aliena and Richard discover their father is being held?
2. What is the description of the priest who is one of the condemned man's accusers?
3. What does Jack invent to help Aliena with her wool business?
4. What does Tom give to Jack that no other man could give?
5. What does William Hamleigh do when he finds Aliena in the earl's castle?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)