Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Prologue: 1123 Abstract
* The White Ship sets sail from England in 1120.
* The White Ship sinks off Barfleur, all hands and passengers except one, die.
* King Henry's son is a casualty on the White Ship.
* King Henry is left without an heir.
Part 1: 1135-1136 Abstract
* Young boys gather in the market to watch a hanging.
* These boys enjoy...
This section contains 1,744 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)