• The White Ship sets sail from England in 1120.
• The White Ship sinks off Barfleur, all hands and passengers except one, die.
• King Henry's son is a casualty on the White Ship.
• King Henry is left without an heir.
• Young boys gather in the market to watch a hanging.
• These boys enjoy violence and bloodshed.
• The boys hurt animals for enjoyment.
• Men of the village talk about the hanging.
• The men say that if the neck breaks, then death will be painless.
• If the neck doesn't bread, the convicted man will suffer, choking for a long time.
• Old women sell beer, eggs, milk, butter, and bread before the hanging.
• The villagers look up at the castle where the prisoner is being held.
• The accusers of the prisoner are a knight, a priest, and a monk.
• The condemned man is 20 to 30 years old with red hair and green eyes...
This section contains 1,846 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)