* The White Ship sets sail from England in 1120.
* The White Ship sinks off Barfleur, all hands and passengers except one, die.
* King Henry's son is a casualty on the White Ship.
* King Henry is left without an heir.
* Young boys gather in the market to watch a hanging.
* These boys enjoy violence and bloodshed.
* The boys hurt animals for enjoyment.
* Men of the village talk about the hanging.
* The men say that if the neck breaks, then death will be painless.
* If the neck doesn't bread, the convicted man will suffer, choking for a long time.
* Old women sell beer, eggs, milk, butter, and bread before the hanging.
* The villagers look up at the castle where the prisoner is being held.
* The accusers of the prisoner are a knight, a priest, and a monk.
* The condemned man is 20 to 30 years old with red hair and green eyes...
This section contains 1,644 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)