|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) No one.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
2. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
(a) For her brother.
(b) For Vogue.
(c) To accompany and chaperone her younger sister.
(d) To break into the fashion industry.
3. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Pauline after Pauline returns to the States?
(a) Pauline is pregnant.
(b) Pauline was falling apart over being separated from Ernest.
(c) Pauline is suicidal.
(d) Pauline is quite ill.
4. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
(c) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
5. What does Pauline do one day when Hadley and Ernest were napping?
(a) Goes through their personal writings.
(b) Joins them in the bed.
(c) Comes in and wakes them to confront them.
(d) Takes Bumby for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
2. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
3. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
4. Of what is Zelda jealous?
5. Whom does Hadley marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
3. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
4. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
5. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
6. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
7. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
8. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
9. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
10. What does Pauline suggest about The Torrents of Spring and how does Hadley feel about the suggestion?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)