|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Write music.
(b) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
(c) Take up the piano again.
(d) Study painting.
2. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Summer, 1929.
(b) Summer, 1926.
(c) Spring, 1927.
(d) Fall, 1930.
3. What proofs does Ernest review?
(a) For a small book of his stories and poems.
(b) For a book that Ezra Pound is publishing.
(c) For a book of family stories that his sister is publishing.
4. How does Ernest feel about Pauline and Hadley?
(a) He loves them both.
(b) He loves Hadley, but he's attracted to Pauline.
(c) He thinks he deserves neither woman.
(d) He thinks both women are trying to manipulate him.
5. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
(a) Making sure Pauline stayed away from him.
(b) Taking his family back to Toronto.
(d) Leaving Hadley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
2. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
3. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
4. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
5. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
3. Who is Cayetano Ordonez and what does he do that involves Hadley after a bull fight?
4. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
5. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
6. Why is Zelda jealous and what does she think of Ernest?
7. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
8. How does it appear that Hadley and Pauline are friends? How does Hadley really feel about Pauline?
9. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
10. What evidence of success did Ernest have?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)