|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(c) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
(d) John Hadley Hemingway.
2. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Kitty Cannell.
(b) Kate Smith.
(c) Lady Twysden.
3. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
(a) He has no intention of leaving their home in Paris.
(b) To try it for awhile to see if it works out.
(c) Pauline will not be invited along.
(d) He wants to move alone.
4. What does Pauline do one day when Hadley and Ernest were napping?
(a) Takes Bumby for a walk.
(b) Goes through their personal writings.
(c) Comes in and wakes them to confront them.
(d) Joins them in the bed.
5. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(b) To earn passage to Paris.
(c) To have good things for his son.
(d) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
2. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
3. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
4. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
5. Of what is Zelda jealous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
2. Why is Zelda jealous and what does she think of Ernest?
3. What happens when Hadley goes to visit Kitty at Kitty's apartment?
4. What does Ernest write Hadley from Madrid, and why does Ernest hate to be alone?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
6. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
7. What evidence of success did Ernest have?
8. Who is Cayetano Ordonez and what does he do that involves Hadley after a bull fight?
9. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
10. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)