|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley figure out?
(a) The relationship between Ernest and Jenny.
(b) The relationship between Ernest and Pauline.
(c) The fight between Ernest and Kitty.
(d) The relationship between Ernest and Duff.
2. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
3. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
(a) He and she loved each other too much.
(b) She should have given him another chance.
(c) She was the only woman he would consider remarrying.
(d) She loved him selfishly.
4. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
(a) She is long winded.
(b) It interrupts his train of thought.
(c) It is often more insightful than his own.
(d) It is trivial.
5. Where do Hadley and Pauline often bicycle?
(a) Around a friend's country estate.
(b) On a seaside road.
(c) They do not bicycle because Pauline hates biking.
(d) At local vineyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
2. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
3. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
4. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
5. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
2. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
3. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
4. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
5. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
6. Why is Zelda jealous and what does she think of Ernest?
7. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
8. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
9. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
10. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)