|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(b) His second novel received great reviews.
(c) In Our Time was to be published.
(d) His brother is coming to visit.
2. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
(a) His career.
(b) His father.
(d) Bumby getting sick.
3. What do Ernest and Hadley do when the lease on the villa ends?
(a) Return to Paris.
(b) Rent two rooms in a hotel.
(c) Make plans to move back to the States.
(d) Renew the lease on the villa.
4. How long did Hadlley's marriage last?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 33 years.
5. Hadley makes a deal with Ernest that she will give him a divorce if he still wants Pauline after sending her away for ______________.
(a) 100 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proofs does Ernest review?
2. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
3. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
4. Whom does Hadley marry?
5. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
2. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
3. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
4. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
5. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
6. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
7. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
8. What does Ernest write Hadley from Madrid, and why does Ernest hate to be alone?
9. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
10. What happens when Hadley goes to visit Kitty at Kitty's apartment?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)