|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
(a) For Vogue.
(b) To accompany and chaperone her younger sister.
(c) To break into the fashion industry.
(d) For her brother.
2. What proofs does Ernest review?
(a) For a small book of his stories and poems.
(b) For a book that Ezra Pound is publishing.
(d) For a book of family stories that his sister is publishing.
3. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Pauline after Pauline returns to the States?
(a) Pauline is suicidal.
(b) Pauline is quite ill.
(c) Pauline was falling apart over being separated from Ernest.
(d) Pauline is pregnant.
4. What is Hadley given for pain?
(c) An injection.
5. What does Hadley finally decide?
(a) She may try once more if Ernest comes to the United States and asks her.
(b) Ernest never loved her.
(c) Her marriage is over for good.
(d) Bumby would be harmed to be raised with Pauline in the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
2. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
3. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
4. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
5. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
2. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
3. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
4. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
5. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
6. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
7. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
8. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
9. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
10. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)