|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(b) His brother is coming to visit.
(c) His second novel received great reviews.
(d) In Our Time was to be published.
2. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
(a) If she is leaving him.
(b) If she wants to start fresh somewhere else.
(c) If she will come to Madrid to meet him.
(d) If she will give him another chance.
3. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(d) Duff and her fiance.
4. What does Hadley and Bumby do when they arrive in New York?
(a) They immediately take a train for St. Louis.
(b) Hadley takes Bumby to visit her sister.
(c) They look for an apartment in the city.
(d) They embark upon a coast to coast tour of the States.
5. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
(b) Making sure Pauline stayed away from him.
(c) Leaving Hadley.
(d) Taking his family back to Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley finally decide?
2. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
3. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
5. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)