|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
(b) For arguing with his copy editor.
(c) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(d) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
2. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(d) Duff and her fiance.
3. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
(a) She becomes very ill.
(b) She talks to her sister.
(c) She almost allows herself to drown.
(d) She receives a letter from her sister.
4. What does Hadley hear about Ernest and Pauline as she is traveling?
(a) Pauline decided not to marry Ernest.
(b) Ernest decided not to marry Pauline.
(c) Pauline and Ernest were married in Paris.
(d) Pauline and Ernest were married in Austria.
5. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
(a) Enable Hadley to study painting with a master.
(b) Earn enough money for a live-in nanny.
(c) Destroy Ernest's relationship with Sherwood Anderson.
(d) Earn them enough to move to a larger place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
2. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
3. How long did Hadlley's marriage last?
4. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
5. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)