|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Zelda jealous?
(a) Hadley having a baby.
(b) The attention Scott and Ernest pay Sarah.
2. What does the author say remained in Ernest?
(a) A sadness.
(b) Love for Hadley.
(c) Sorrow for Bumby.
(d) A desire to reconcile with Hadley.
3. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
(a) To Southern Italy.
(b) A ski trip to the Austrian Alps.
(c) To St. Louis to see Ernest's dying father.
(d) Back to the Midwest in the United States.
4. Hadley makes a deal with Ernest that she will give him a divorce if he still wants Pauline after sending her away for ______________.
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 100 days.
5. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
(a) To visit her ill mother.
(b) Ernest asks her to do so.
(c) To receive medical treatment.
(d) To put in a plug for Ernest's new book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
2. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
3. Whom does Hadley marry?
4. Where does Hadley suspect Ernest is meeting Pauline?
5. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
2. Where do Ernest, Hadley, and Bumby go and how was the trip?
3. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
4. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
5. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
6. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
7. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
8. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
9. What evidence of success did Ernest have?
10. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)