|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(a) The United States.
2. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(d) Ezra Pound.
3. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
(a) Pauline will not be invited along.
(b) To try it for awhile to see if it works out.
(c) He has no intention of leaving their home in Paris.
(d) He wants to move alone.
4. What do Ernest and Pauline do when they meet by chance?
(a) Discuss Hadley.
(b) Go to Pauline's and make love.
(c) Argue again.
(d) Vow not to see each other anymore.
5. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) She never marries.
(b) Steven Mowrerey.
(c) Paul Mowrer.
(d) Her high school sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
2. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
3. What does Pauline do one day when Hadley and Ernest were napping?
4. How long did Hadlley's marriage last?
5. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
2. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
3. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
4. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
5. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
6. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
7. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
8. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
9. How does it appear that Hadley and Pauline are friends? How does Hadley really feel about Pauline?
10. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)