|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
(a) She loved him selfishly.
(b) She should have given him another chance.
(c) She was the only woman he would consider remarrying.
(d) He and she loved each other too much.
2. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
(a) His career.
(b) Bumby getting sick.
(c) His father.
3. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
(a) To try it for awhile to see if it works out.
(b) Pauline will not be invited along.
(c) He wants to move alone.
(d) He has no intention of leaving their home in Paris.
4. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(b) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(c) To have good things for his son.
(d) To earn passage to Paris.
5. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Fall, 1930.
(b) Spring, 1927.
(c) Summer, 1926.
(d) Summer, 1929.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Hadley to tell her of Ernest's death?
2. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
3. What does the author say remained in Ernest?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
5. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)