|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Moody and generous.
(b) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(c) Kind and generous.
(d) Candid and sensible.
2. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(b) Duff and her fiance.
3. Where do the Hemingways go for a nightcap?
(a) The Fitzgerald home.
(b) Zelda's best friend's house.
(c) Gertrude Stein's home.
(d) A nightclub frequented by young people.
4. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
(a) It is very short.
(b) It is more poignant than his usual writing.
(c) It was completed so quickly.
(d) It doesn't include her.
5. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
(b) Attentive and romantic.
(c) He kept to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
2. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
3. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
4. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
5. What proofs does Ernest review?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
2. What does Ernest write Hadley from Madrid, and why does Ernest hate to be alone?
3. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
4. What does Pauline suggest about The Torrents of Spring and how does Hadley feel about the suggestion?
5. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
6. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
7. Where do Ernest, Hadley, and Bumby go and how was the trip?
8. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
9. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
10. What happens when Hadley goes to visit Kitty at Kitty's apartment?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)