|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is delightful.
(c) She is more interesting than her husband.
(d) He has no particular thoughts about her.
2. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
(a) To her large flat in Paris.
(b) To Arkansas.
(c) To a larger villa in Italy.
(d) To New York.
3. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) The beach.
(c) In Manhatten.
(d) A dinner party.
4. What does Hadley hear about Ernest and Pauline as she is traveling?
(a) Pauline and Ernest were married in Austria.
(b) Pauline decided not to marry Ernest.
(c) Pauline and Ernest were married in Paris.
(d) Ernest decided not to marry Pauline.
5. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
(a) He kept to himself.
(d) Attentive and romantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest go to New York?
2. Where do Hadley and Pauline often bicycle?
3. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
4. What do Ernest and Pauline do when they meet by chance?
5. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
2. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
3. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
4. What happens that makes Hadley realize she had to do something about her life?
5. Why did Hadley set sail for the United States with Bumby?
6. How does it appear that Hadley and Pauline are friends? How does Hadley really feel about Pauline?
7. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
8. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
9. What did Hadley do with her son before settling into a home in the United States?
10. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)