|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
(c) The United States.
2. What is Hadley given for pain?
(b) An injection.
3. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Going out with the boys.
(b) Talking to himself.
(d) Locking himself in his office.
4. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
(a) He kept to himself.
(c) Attentive and romantic.
5. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
2. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
3. What do Ernest and Hadley do when the lease on the villa ends?
4. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
5. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
2. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
3. How does it appear that Hadley and Pauline are friends? How does Hadley really feel about Pauline?
4. How does Hadley feel about Pauline visiting them in Austria?
5. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
6. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
7. What evidence of success did Ernest have?
8. Why is Zelda jealous and what does she think of Ernest?
9. What does Pauline suggest about The Torrents of Spring and how does Hadley feel about the suggestion?
10. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)