|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
(a) She realized she did not love him enought for marriage.
(b) She plans to marry him, but delayed the marriage for another year.
(c) Her family threatened to cut off her inheritance because they did not like him.
(d) He ended the engagement.
2. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) No one.
3. Where do Dorothy and Ezra live most of the year?
(a) In Rapallo.
(b) In Bern.
(c) In London.
(d) In St. Moritz.
4. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
(b) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(d) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
5. What does Ernest say when Hadley asks about a possible move?
(a) He has no intention of leaving their home in Paris.
(b) Pauline will not be invited along.
(c) To try it for awhile to see if it works out.
(d) He wants to move alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
2. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
3. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
4. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
5. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)