|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
2. Where do Hadley and Pauline often bicycle?
(a) On a seaside road.
(b) They do not bicycle because Pauline hates biking.
(c) Around a friend's country estate.
(d) At local vineyards.
3. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
(a) She is insane.
(b) He has no particular thoughts about her.
(c) She is more interesting than her husband.
(d) She is delightful.
4. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Kind and generous.
(b) Candid and sensible.
(c) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(d) Moody and generous.
5. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Fall, 1930.
(b) Spring, 1927.
(c) Summer, 1929.
(d) Summer, 1926.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
2. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
3. What is Hadley given for pain?
4. Where does Ernest go when they return to Paris?
5. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ernest, Hadley, and Bumby go and how was the trip?
2. What does Pauline suggest about The Torrents of Spring and how does Hadley feel about the suggestion?
3. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
4. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
6. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
7. How did Pauline and Ernest begin an affair and how did Ernest feel about her and Hadley?
8. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
9. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
10. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)