|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
(a) To her large flat in Paris.
(b) To a larger villa in Italy.
(c) To New York.
(d) To Arkansas.
2. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
3. Where does Ernest go when they return to Paris?
(a) A separate motel from Hadley.
(b) Gertrude Stein's home.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald's home.
(d) Gerald's studio.
4. What illness strikes Bumby?
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Whooping cough.
5. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) In Manhatten.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) The beach.
(d) A dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
2. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
3. Where do Hadley and Pauline often bicycle?
4. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
5. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
3. About what is Hadley hurt and angry that Pauline tells her?
4. What does Ernest write Hadley from Madrid, and why does Ernest hate to be alone?
5. Where do Ernest, Hadley, and Bumby go and how was the trip?
6. Who is Cayetano Ordonez and what does he do that involves Hadley after a bull fight?
7. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
8. What did Ernest tell Hadley when he called about writing his memoir?
9. Why did Hadley set sail for the United States with Bumby?
10. What does Pauline suggest about The Torrents of Spring and how does Hadley feel about the suggestion?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)