|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For arguing with his copy editor.
(b) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(c) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(d) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
2. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
(a) They discuss Ernest's next book.
(b) They discuss Ernest's relationship with Hadley.
(c) They argue.
(d) They kiss.
3. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
(a) No one.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
(a) At a cafe.
(b) At a book signing.
(c) At the park.
(d) At the zoo.
5. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Kitty Cannell.
(b) Lady Twysden.
(c) Kate Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
2. What proofs does Ernest review?
3. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
4. What does Hadley and Bumby do when they arrive in New York?
5. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hadley set sail for the United States with Bumby?
2. What job did Ezra get Ernest and how did Ernest feel about the editor-in-chief?
3. How does it appear that Hadley and Pauline are friends? How does Hadley really feel about Pauline?
4. Describe Hadley's birthing of their son.
5. Describe the confrontation between Ernest and Hadley about Pauline.
6. What happens when Hadley goes to visit Kitty at Kitty's apartment?
7. Who begins to visit the Hemingways frequently and what does Ernest think of her?
8. Why is Zelda jealous and what does she think of Ernest?
9. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
10. What deal did Hadley offer Ernest?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)