|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Nothing is significant about the place.
(b) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(c) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(d) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
4. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) Hemingway's best friend.
(b) Kate's best friend.
(c) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(d) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
5. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Alice B. Toklas.
(d) Dorothy Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
2. For what organization is Ernest working?
3. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
4. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
5. Who is Agnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the train when Hadley is traveling to join Ernest?
2. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving of 1922 and what does he want Hadley to do?
3. Describe the Hemingway's visit to the Pound's home.
4. What does Kate finally share with Hadley?
5. What did the couple do in Switzerland?
6. Why is the Hemingway's visit with Gertrude Stein unusual, and what does Stein recommend to Ernest?
7. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Agnes and how does Hadley feel about what he says?
8. How does Ernest start to break into the Paris literary scene?
9. Where is there news about increased conflicts and how does that affect Ernest?
10. In what condition does Ernest return to Paris and does the couple settle their differences?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)