|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Not having her own work.
2. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
3. How old is Hadley at the opening?
4. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(b) Hates it.
5. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Dance with Hemingway again.
(b) She has no particular hopes.
(c) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(d) Interview one of its famous attendees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. Who is Agnes?
3. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
4. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
5. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hadley's father and what did he do?
2. How does Ernest's writing change after his visit to Stein?
3. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Agnes and how does Hadley feel about what he says?
4. Why does Ernest decide to take some time off from working?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning and why does she think the party will help?
6. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving of 1922 and what does he want Hadley to do?
7. What does Ernest write about his family?
8. Where do the Hadley and Ernest live right after their marriage, and how do they have the money to sustain them?
9. What does Gertrude Stein say about the baby and the lost manuscripts?
10. Where was Hadley when the novel opens and what is she doing?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)