|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A farm conglomerate.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A public library system.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) No one.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A family friend.
(d) Her cousin.
3. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
(b) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(c) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
(d) To hire a private investigator.
4. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(a) Go with him on assignment.
(c) Return to the States.
(d) Stay in Paris.
5. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(b) To revisit some places he had been.
(c) To check out the unrest there.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
3. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
4. What does a reporter offer to do?
5. Who fascinates Hadley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hadley feel about Ernest going to Turkey and what do they do regarding the issue?
2. What does Gertrude Stein say about the baby and the lost manuscripts?
3. What is the setting for Hadley and Ernest's first lovemaking?
4. What happened to Ernest when he was in Italy that he recalls on this trip?
5. What does Ernest believe about Hadley's pregnancy in connection with the lost manuscripts?
6. Describe the Hemingway's visit to the Pound's home.
7. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving of 1922 and what does he want Hadley to do?
8. What does Ernest recall about an incident with Kate?
9. Why is Hadley in mourning and why does she think the party will help?
10. What did the couple do in Switzerland?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)