|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(a) Sorry that they fought.
(d) Hurt and angry.
2. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Horton Bay.
(b) Near St. Louis.
(c) Near Ketchum.
(d) Holton Township.
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
(d) New York.
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charles Thompson.
5. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
2. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
3. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
4. How does Hadley respond to Ernest's assignment?
5. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what condition does Ernest return to Paris and does the couple settle their differences?
2. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Agnes and how does Hadley feel about what he says?
3. Describe the Hemingway's outing with the Pounds.
4. Who is Hadley's father and what did he do?
5. How does Ernest have a brief affair and what does he think of concerning Hadley and the affair?
6. What does Ernest believe about Hadley's pregnancy in connection with the lost manuscripts?
7. How does Hadley feel about Ernest going to Turkey and what do they do regarding the issue?
8. How does Ernest's writing change after his visit to Stein?
9. What is the setting for Hadley and Ernest's first lovemaking?
10. Why is the Hemingway's visit with Gertrude Stein unusual, and what does Stein recommend to Ernest?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)