|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Not becoming a successful writer.
(c) Being humiliated.
(d) Being alone.
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(d) Hates it.
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(b) Nothing is significant about the place.
(c) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(d) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
(b) They both love the area.
(c) They both hate the area.
(d) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
5. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) An editor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hadley Richardson?
2. Who is Agnes?
3. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
4. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hadley feel about Ernest going to Turkey and what do they do regarding the issue?
2. Why did Hadley not want to go to the suffragette meeting with Fonnie?
3. Why is the Hemingway's visit with Gertrude Stein unusual, and what does Stein recommend to Ernest?
4. Why does Ernest go back to Paris briefly?
5. What does Ernest recall about an incident with Kate?
6. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving of 1922 and what does he want Hadley to do?
7. What does Ernest do in Turkey?
8. Describe the Hemingway's outing with the Pounds.
9. What did the couple do in Switzerland?
10. What does Gertrude Stein say about the baby and the lost manuscripts?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)