|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) Carnegie Steel.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Firestone Tires.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A family friend.
(d) No one.
3. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(b) If he is making the best decision.
(c) If she would come along as his mistress.
(d) If he should go to Paris instead.
4. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(c) Sorry that they fought.
(d) Hurt and angry.
5. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her bank book.
(b) Her checkbook.
(c) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(d) Her diaphragm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
2. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
4. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
5. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ernest write about his family?
2. Who is Hadley's father and what did he do?
3. Where do the Hadley and Ernest live right after their marriage, and how do they have the money to sustain them?
4. In what condition does Ernest return to Paris and does the couple settle their differences?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book and what is his explanation about it?
6. How does Hadley feel about Ernest going to Turkey and what do they do regarding the issue?
7. Why do Ernest and Hadley decide to return to Paris?
8. Summarize Ernest's future with women.
9. How does Ernest meet F. Scott Fitzgerald and what does Ernest think of Zelda?
10. Why did Hadley set sail for the United States with Bumby?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)