|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Emmanual Kant.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(b) Huge displacements of civilians.
(c) The Greco-Turkish war.
(d) The Franco-Turkish war.
4. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He has malaria.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He is recovering from a head injury.
(d) He is recovering from food poisoning.
5. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
3. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what condition does Ernest return to Paris and does the couple settle their differences?
2. What does Ernest recall about an incident with Kate?
3. Why does Ernest decide to take some time off from working?
4. What is the setting for Hadley and Ernest's first lovemaking?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning and why does she think the party will help?
6. What does Ernest write about his family?
7. How does Ernest start to break into the Paris literary scene?
8. Describe the Hemingway's outing with the Pounds.
9. What sort of emotional issues is Ernest having?
10. Describe the Hemingway's visit to the Pound's home.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)