Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To earn passage to Paris.
(b) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(c) To have good things for his son.
(d) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
(a) It was completed so quickly.
(b) It doesn't include her.
(c) It is very short.
(d) It is more poignant than his usual writing.
3. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) No one.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
4. What does Pauline say about Ernest that upsets Hadley?
(a) He is in favor of moving to Arkansas.
(b) He is thinking about committing suicide.
(c) He wants a relationship with both of them.
(d) He plans to divorce Hadley to marry Pauline.
5. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
(a) To her large flat in Paris.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Arkansas.
(d) To a larger villa in Italy.
6. Who called Hadley to tell her of Ernest's death?
(c) Ernest's sister.
7. What illness strikes Bumby?
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Whooping cough.
8. What does Hadley finally decide?
(a) Her marriage is over for good.
(b) Ernest never loved her.
(c) She may try once more if Ernest comes to the United States and asks her.
(d) Bumby would be harmed to be raised with Pauline in the household.
9. Of what is Zelda jealous?
(a) The attention Scott and Ernest pay Sarah.
(b) Hadley having a baby.
10. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
(a) His career.
(c) His father.
(d) Bumby getting sick.
11. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Pauline after Pauline returns to the States?
(a) Pauline was falling apart over being separated from Ernest.
(b) Pauline is quite ill.
(c) Pauline is suicidal.
(d) Pauline is pregnant.
12. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(b) For arguing with his copy editor.
(c) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(d) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
13. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
(b) Write music.
(c) Study painting.
(d) Take up the piano again.
14. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
(a) For Vogue.
(b) For her brother.
(c) To accompany and chaperone her younger sister.
(d) To break into the fashion industry.
15. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
2. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
4. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
5. How does Ernest feel about Pauline and Hadley?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)