|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(b) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(c) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(c) The United States.
3. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
(a) She forgives him if he'll give up Pauline.
(b) She wants to know how to owrk things out.
(c) She wants him to seek counseling.
(d) He does not want him there.
4. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
(a) Makes a boat of it and sails it off into the ocean.
(b) Memorizes it.
(c) Sends it back unread.
(d) Burns it.
5. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
(a) Mundane matters.
(b) Months long.
(d) Quick, one or two hour interviews.
6. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
(a) At a cafe.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At a book signing.
(d) At the park.
7. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
(a) She should have given him another chance.
(b) He and she loved each other too much.
(c) She was the only woman he would consider remarrying.
(d) She loved him selfishly.
8. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
(a) To receive medical treatment.
(b) To put in a plug for Ernest's new book.
(c) To visit her ill mother.
(d) Ernest asks her to do so.
9. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
(a) A ski trip to the Austrian Alps.
(b) To St. Louis to see Ernest's dying father.
(c) To Southern Italy.
(d) Back to the Midwest in the United States.
10. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Summer, 1926.
(b) Fall, 1930.
(c) Spring, 1927.
(d) Summer, 1929.
11. What does Pauline say about Ernest that upsets Hadley?
(a) He plans to divorce Hadley to marry Pauline.
(b) He is thinking about committing suicide.
(c) He is in favor of moving to Arkansas.
(d) He wants a relationship with both of them.
12. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Kitty Cannell.
(b) Lady Twysden.
(c) Kate Smith.
13. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
(a) She is delightful.
(b) He has no particular thoughts about her.
(c) She is more interesting than her husband.
(d) She is insane.
14. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
15. What does Hadley figure out?
(a) The fight between Ernest and Kitty.
(b) The relationship between Ernest and Jenny.
(c) The relationship between Ernest and Pauline.
(d) The relationship between Ernest and Duff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness strikes Bumby?
2. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
3. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
4. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
5. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)