|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Spring, 1927.
(b) Fall, 1930.
(c) Summer, 1926.
(d) Summer, 1929.
2. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Talking to himself.
(c) Going out with the boys.
(d) Locking himself in his office.
3. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
4. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(b) John Hadley Hemingway.
(c) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
5. Of what is Zelda jealous?
(a) The attention Scott and Ernest pay Sarah.
(b) Hadley having a baby.
6. Where does Ernest go when they return to Paris?
(a) A separate motel from Hadley.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald's home.
(c) Gerald's studio.
(d) Gertrude Stein's home.
7. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
(a) To put in a plug for Ernest's new book.
(b) To visit her ill mother.
(c) To receive medical treatment.
(d) Ernest asks her to do so.
8. What is Hadley given for pain?
(b) An injection.
9. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) Her high school sweetheart.
(b) She never marries.
(c) Steven Mowrerey.
(d) Paul Mowrer.
10. Who called Hadley to tell her of Ernest's death?
(a) Ernest's sister.
11. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
(a) The United States.
12. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
(a) To Arkansas.
(b) To New York.
(c) To a larger villa in Italy.
(d) To her large flat in Paris.
13. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
(a) They discuss Ernest's relationship with Hadley.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They argue.
(d) They discuss Ernest's next book.
14. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) In Manhatten.
(c) The beach.
(d) Her sister's house.
15. What do Ernest and Hadley do when the lease on the villa ends?
(a) Make plans to move back to the States.
(b) Return to Paris.
(c) Renew the lease on the villa.
(d) Rent two rooms in a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
2. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
3. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
4. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
5. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)