|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) The master of ceremonies.
(b) A young man at the party she does not know.
(c) No one.
(d) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
2. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be pregnant all the time.
(b) She was the same as a prostitute.
(c) She would have her heart broken.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
3. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
4. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A writer.
(d) An editor.
5. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
6. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Not having her own work.
7. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(b) About once a month.
(c) Every week or two.
(d) Once in several months.
8. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Hadley's sister.
(b) Ernest's brother.
(c) Ernest's parents.
9. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Escort Hadley to the States.
(b) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(c) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(d) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
10. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(b) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(c) Nothing is significant about the place.
(d) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
11. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(b) The kitchen is a wreck.
(c) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
(d) Ernest Hemingway is there.
12. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) The Franco-Turkish war.
(b) The Greco-Turkish war.
(c) Huge displacements of civilians.
13. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Some money.
(c) Her purse.
(d) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
14. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
15. Where does Ernest's job send him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
3. Why is Hadley in mourning?
4. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
5. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)