|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(c) Her sister Dorothea.
(d) Her sister Fonnie.
2. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She spurned his advances.
(b) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(c) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(d) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
3. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) No one.
(b) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(c) The master of ceremonies.
(d) A young man at the party she does not know.
4. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) Her high school sweetheart.
(b) Steven Mowrerey.
(c) Paul Mowrer.
(d) She never marries.
5. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A special delivery letter.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A poem.
(d) A bunch of roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hadley at the opening?
2. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
3. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
4. Who is Harrison Williams?
5. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)