|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being humiliated.
2. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) The Greco-Turkish war.
(b) Huge displacements of civilians.
(d) The Franco-Turkish war.
3. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
(a) He does not want him there.
(b) She wants him to seek counseling.
(c) She wants to know how to owrk things out.
(d) She forgives him if he'll give up Pauline.
4. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
(a) Makes a boat of it and sails it off into the ocean.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Sends it back unread.
(d) Memorizes it.
5. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(b) Hadley's sister.
(c) Ernest's parents.
(d) Ernest's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
2. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
3. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
4. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)