|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(a) It was open, and both had other lovers.
(b) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(c) Their relationship is all consuming.
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Kind and generous.
(b) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(c) Moody and generous.
(d) Candid and sensible.
3. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(c) John Hadley Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
4. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
5. What do Ernest and Hadley do when the lease on the villa ends?
(a) Renew the lease on the villa.
(b) Return to Paris.
(c) Rent two rooms in a hotel.
(d) Make plans to move back to the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
2. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
3. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
4. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)