|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) A writer.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) An editor.
2. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(c) Hurt and angry.
(d) Sorry that they fought.
3. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To hire a private investigator.
(b) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(c) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
(d) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
4. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
5. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
(a) He ended the engagement.
(b) She plans to marry him, but delayed the marriage for another year.
(c) Her family threatened to cut off her inheritance because they did not like him.
(d) She realized she did not love him enought for marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
5. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)