|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To earn passage to Paris.
(b) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(c) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(d) To have good things for his son.
2. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) Her high school sweetheart.
(b) She never marries.
(c) Paul Mowrer.
(d) Steven Mowrerey.
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(b) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(c) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(d) Nothing is significant about the place.
4. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(b) They are served bizarre finger food.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. Who is Agnes?
4. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
5. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)