|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
(a) Makes a boat of it and sails it off into the ocean.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Memorizes it.
(d) Sends it back unread.
2. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Emmanual Kant.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
3. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
(a) It is very short.
(b) It is more poignant than his usual writing.
(c) It doesn't include her.
(d) It was completed so quickly.
4. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Includes a lock of her hair.
(c) Invites him to St. Louis.
(d) Includes a poems he wrote.
5. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
(b) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(c) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(d) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
2. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
3. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)