|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
2. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
(a) It was priceless.
(b) It can easily be replaced.
(c) It was not important.
(d) Nothing, because she is too upset to talk about it.
3. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Her purse.
(b) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
(c) Some money.
(d) Her glasses.
4. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) His emotional state is too fragile for the work.
(c) He might get lonely and cheat on her.
(d) It is so far away from where they are living.
5. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
(b) Writes for hours.
(d) Throws things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
2. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
4. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)