|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a lesbian.
(b) As a mediocre writer.
(c) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(d) As somewhat of a passive person.
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome is too dangerous.
3. What makes Hadley realize she could not continue to live as she has been living?
(a) She almost allows herself to drown.
(b) She receives a letter from her sister.
(c) She talks to her sister.
(d) She becomes very ill.
4. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A few new books.
(b) A vacation in Italy.
(c) A vacation in Switzerland.
(d) A bigger flat.
5. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(c) He scorns it.
(d) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hadley in mourning?
2. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
3. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
4. Who fascinates Hadley?
5. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)