|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proofs does Ernest review?
(a) For a book that Ezra Pound is publishing.
(b) For a book of family stories that his sister is publishing.
(d) For a small book of his stories and poems.
2. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(b) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
(c) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
(d) Fonnie's objections.
3. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(b) John Hadley Hemingway.
(c) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
4. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Carnegie Steel.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
5. What does Hadley do with Ernest's last letter?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Makes a boat of it and sails it off into the ocean.
(c) Memorizes it.
(d) Sends it back unread.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
2. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
3. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
4. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)