|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
(a) He ended the engagement.
(b) Her family threatened to cut off her inheritance because they did not like him.
(c) She plans to marry him, but delayed the marriage for another year.
(d) She realized she did not love him enought for marriage.
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) No one.
(b) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(c) The master of ceremonies.
(d) A young man at the party she does not know.
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is totally in love with it.
(c) He has no feelings one way or the other.
(d) He knows it's good for his career to be there.
4. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(b) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(c) The kitchen is a wreck.
(d) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
5. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Alice B. Toklas.
(d) T. S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley finally decide?
2. Why does Pauline go back to the States?
3. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
4. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
5. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)