|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley hear about Ernest and Pauline as she is traveling?
(a) Pauline decided not to marry Ernest.
(b) Pauline and Ernest were married in Austria.
(c) Ernest decided not to marry Pauline.
(d) Pauline and Ernest were married in Paris.
2. What does Hadley figure out?
(a) The relationship between Ernest and Jenny.
(b) The relationship between Ernest and Pauline.
(c) The relationship between Ernest and Duff.
(d) The fight between Ernest and Kitty.
3. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A vacation in Switzerland.
(b) A vacation in Italy.
(c) A bigger flat.
(d) A few new books.
4. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) John Hadley Hemingway.
(b) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(c) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They are served bizarre finger food.
(b) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(c) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(d) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
2. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
3. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
4. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
5. What does a reporter offer to do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)