|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
2. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(b) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
(c) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(d) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
3. Why does Ernest go to New York?
(a) To interview other possible publishing companies.
(b) To visit his ill mother.
(c) To visit his ill father.
(d) To give a pitch for his book in person.
4. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) The kitchen is a wreck.
(b) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(d) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
5. For what organization is Ernest working?
(a) The Paris Review.
(b) The London Times.
(c) The Toronto Star.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
3. What is becoming less frequent?
4. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
5. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)