|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Study painting.
(b) Take up the piano again.
(c) Write music.
(d) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
2. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(b) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) They are served bizarre finger food.
3. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
(d) No one.
4. What does Ernest tell Hadley when he is writing her memoirs?
(a) He and she loved each other too much.
(b) She should have given him another chance.
(c) She was the only woman he would consider remarrying.
(d) She loved him selfishly.
5. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(b) Duff and her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edward O'Brien?
2. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
3. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
4. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
5. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)