|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(b) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(c) Nothing is significant about the place.
(d) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
2. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
3. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(b) She had been in love with Ernest.
(c) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
4. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) It was too distracting to work at home.
(c) To have a tax write off.
(d) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
5. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Returning to the States.
(b) Taking on a new job.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Forget writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
2. How does Hadley respond to Ernest's assignment?
3. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
4. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)