|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Locking himself in his office.
(c) Going out with the boys.
(d) Talking to himself.
2. What does Pauline do one day when Hadley and Ernest were napping?
(a) Goes through their personal writings.
(b) Comes in and wakes them to confront them.
(c) Takes Bumby for a walk.
(d) Joins them in the bed.
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
(c) New York.
4. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use more complex writing.
(b) Use more detailed scenes.
(c) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(d) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
5. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Pauline after Pauline returns to the States?
(a) Pauline was falling apart over being separated from Ernest.
(b) Pauline is suicidal.
(c) Pauline is pregnant.
(d) Pauline is quite ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
3. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
4. In what state are Hadley and Bumby on the beach?
5. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)