|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(d) The United States.
2. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(a) Their relationship is all consuming.
(b) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(c) It was open, and both had other lovers.
3. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(b) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(c) To earn passage to Paris.
(d) To have good things for his son.
4. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) His second novel received great reviews.
(b) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(c) His brother is coming to visit.
(d) In Our Time was to be published.
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His mother was there visiting.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(d) His brother is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
3. What is Hadley given for pain?
4. What does Ernest tell Hadley about Pauline after Pauline returns to the States?
5. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)