|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Correspondent for the Times.
2. Whom does Hadley marry?
(a) She never marries.
(b) Paul Mowrer.
(c) Her high school sweetheart.
(d) Steven Mowrerey.
3. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Dorothy Pound.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
4. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(c) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To introduce Hemingway.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
2. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
3. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
4. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
5. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)