|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ernest's job send him?
2. Who called Hadley to tell her of Ernest's death?
(c) Ernest's sister.
3. When do Hadley and Bumby sail for the States?
(a) Fall, 1930.
(b) Spring, 1927.
(c) Summer, 1929.
(d) Summer, 1926.
4. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had been in love with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(c) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
5. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(b) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(c) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(d) Nothing is significant about the place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
2. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
3. Why is Ernest demoted?
4. How many children does Ernest have with Pauline?
5. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)