|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) The Greco-Turkish war.
(c) The Franco-Turkish war.
(d) Huge displacements of civilians.
2. How long did Hadlley's marriage last?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 40 years.
3. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To earn passage to Paris.
(b) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(c) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(d) To have good things for his son.
4. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Take time off to re-write his work.
(b) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(c) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(d) Ask his father for money.
5. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
2. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
3. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
4. What is becoming less frequent?
5. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)