|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest suggest that he and Hadley should do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Move to Austria.
(c) Move further away from their Paris friends.
(d) Move back to the States.
2. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
3. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Going out with the boys.
(c) Locking himself in his office.
(d) Talking to himself.
4. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
(a) No one because Ernest went to great pains not to represent any of his family or friends.
(b) Ernest's childhood school chums.
(c) Ernest's friends in Paris.
(d) Characters from some of his favorite novels.
5. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(b) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(c) To have good things for his son.
(d) To earn passage to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
3. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
4. Why is Ernest demoted?
5. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)