|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His mother was there visiting.
(d) His brother is missing.
2. How does Ernest feel about Pauline and Hadley?
(a) He thinks both women are trying to manipulate him.
(b) He loves Hadley, but he's attracted to Pauline.
(c) He loves them both.
(d) He thinks he deserves neither woman.
3. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) The beach.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) In Manhatten.
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(b) The United States.
5. Why does Ernest go to New York?
(a) To interview other possible publishing companies.
(b) To give a pitch for his book in person.
(c) To visit his ill father.
(d) To visit his ill mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
2. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
3. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
4. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
5. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)