|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Correspondent for the Times.
2. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Zelda Fitzgerald.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. What is Hadley given for pain?
(b) An injection.
4. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(b) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(c) To introduce Hemingway.
(d) To share gossip.
5. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(a) Stay in Paris.
(b) Go with him on assignment.
(d) Return to the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest say he might move?
2. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
3. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
4. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
5. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)