|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was anti-American.
(b) The paper lacked good journalism.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper was run by a Communist.
2. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(b) Dance with Hemingway again.
(c) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(d) She has no particular hopes.
3. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) She just miscarried.
(b) Her mother has just died.
(c) Her brother has just died.
(d) Her father has just died.
4. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Some money.
(c) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
(d) Her purse.
5. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
(a) His career.
(c) Bumby getting sick.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
2. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)