|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) Ernest's cousin.
(c) Hadley's cousin.
(d) A nurse in Italy.
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Candid and sensible.
(b) Kind and generous.
(c) Moody and generous.
(d) A spendthrift and temperamental.
3. How does Ernest feel about Pauline and Hadley?
(a) He thinks both women are trying to manipulate him.
(b) He loves them both.
(c) He loves Hadley, but he's attracted to Pauline.
(d) He thinks he deserves neither woman.
4. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(c) Duff and her fiance.
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Emotionally dependent.
(d) Strong and confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
2. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
3. What does Ernest suggest that he and Hadley should do?
4. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
5. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)