|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Zelda Fitzgerald.
3. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
(a) It seems to be on the skids.
(b) It is erratic but there is no reason to lose hope.
(c) The publishing of his book is a hugh turning point for Ernest.
4. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
(a) To earn passage to Paris.
(b) To prove to Hadley he can support her.
(c) So Hadley does not have to suffer in the cold Canada winters.
(d) To have good things for his son.
5. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(b) To check out the unrest there.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
2. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
3. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
4. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
5. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)