|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Alice B. Toklas.
(c) Kitty, Pauline, and Jinny.
(d) Dorothy Pound.
2. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(d) Almost drowned Ernest.
3. What illness strikes Bumby?
(a) Whooping cough.
(c) Chicken pox.
4. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
(b) Not being supportive of his writing.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Being jealous of every woman.
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(b) Huge displacements of civilians.
(c) The Greco-Turkish war.
(d) The Franco-Turkish war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest decide to work extra hard?
2. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
3. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
4. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
5. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)