|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ernest and Pauline do when they meet by chance?
(a) Discuss Hadley.
(b) Argue again.
(c) Vow not to see each other anymore.
(d) Go to Pauline's and make love.
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Candid and sensible.
(b) Kind and generous.
(c) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(d) Moody and generous.
3. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
(a) He does not want him there.
(b) She forgives him if he'll give up Pauline.
(c) She wants to know how to owrk things out.
(d) She wants him to seek counseling.
4. What proofs does Ernest review?
(a) For a book that Ezra Pound is publishing.
(c) For a book of family stories that his sister is publishing.
(d) For a small book of his stories and poems.
5. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
4. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
5. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)