|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest suggest that he and Hadley should do?
(a) Move back to the States.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Move further away from their Paris friends.
(d) Move to Austria.
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he should go to Paris instead.
(b) If he is making the best decision.
(c) If she would come along as his mistress.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
3. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Emotionally dependent.
(c) Strong and confident.
4. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Take up the piano again.
(b) Write music.
(c) Study painting.
(d) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
5. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(b) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(c) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
(d) For arguing with his copy editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
3. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
5. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)