|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her possible pregnancy.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her depression.
2. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 hours.
3. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(b) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(c) Use more detailed scenes.
(d) Use more complex writing.
4. What does Hadley tell Ernest when he returns from walking?
(a) He does not want him there.
(b) She wants him to seek counseling.
(c) She wants to know how to owrk things out.
(d) She forgives him if he'll give up Pauline.
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) The Franco-Turkish war.
(b) The Greco-Turkish war.
(d) Huge displacements of civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
2. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
3. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
4. Why is Ernest demoted?
5. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)