|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
2. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
(a) Prejudice against Americans.
(b) Prejudice against Jews.
(c) Lack of appreciation for his poetry.
(d) The insincerity.
3. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(d) Use more detailed scenes.
4. Why does Ernest go to New York?
(a) To interview other possible publishing companies.
(b) To visit his ill mother.
(c) To visit his ill father.
(d) To give a pitch for his book in person.
5. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
(c) His mother.
(d) His former girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley lose on the train?
2. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
3. What do Ernest and Pauline do when they meet by chance?
4. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
5. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)