|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
(a) Enjoy nature.
(c) Be happy.
2. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
(a) Alice B. Toklas.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Zora Neal Hurston.
3. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(b) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
(c) The kitchen is a wreck.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
4. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Emmanual Kant.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
5. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(c) Sea captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
2. Where does Ernest's job send him?
3. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
4. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
5. Why does Ernest rent an office?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)