|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he is making the best decision.
(b) If he should go to Paris instead.
(c) If she would come along as his mistress.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(c) Hemingway's family cottage.
3. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Fonnie's objections.
(b) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
(c) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(d) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
4. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
(a) A French war correspondent.
(b) A British war correspondent.
(c) A Turkish ayatollah.
(d) A British soldier.
5. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(b) For arguing with his copy editor.
(c) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(d) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hemingway?
2. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
3. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
4. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
5. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)