|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(b) The paper was anti-American.
(c) The paper was run by a Communist.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
2. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(c) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(d) She spurned his advances.
4. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
(a) Ernest's childhood school chums.
(b) Ernest's friends in Paris.
(c) Characters from some of his favorite novels.
(d) No one because Ernest went to great pains not to represent any of his family or friends.
5. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(c) Sorry that they fought.
(d) Hurt and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
2. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
3. Of what is Zelda jealous?
4. Who came over to the table one night at a restaurant?
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)