|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her sister Fonnie.
(d) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
2. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(b) Hadley's sister.
(c) Ernest's parents.
(d) Ernest's brother.
3. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A bigger flat.
(b) A vacation in Italy.
(c) A few new books.
(d) A vacation in Switzerland.
4. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(c) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(d) It is Hadley's birthday.
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
3. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
5. What is becoming less frequent?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)