|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) No one.
(d) A family friend.
2. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
(b) His mother.
(c) His former girlfriend.
3. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her diaphragm.
(b) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(c) Her checkbook.
(d) Her bank book.
4. What is Hadley given for pain?
(d) An injection.
5. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
(a) To cover the aftermath of the Versailles Treaty.
(b) To cover the impact of WWI in Russia.
(c) To cover the Lusanne Peace Conference.
(d) To cover the aftermath of the war in German.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
4. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
5. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)