|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being humiliated.
(d) Not becoming a successful writer.
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(b) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(c) She spurned his advances.
(d) She was very mean and degrading to him.
4. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her possible pregnancy.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her depression.
5. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(c) Hemingway's family cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
2. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
3. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
5. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)