|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
(a) Prejudice against Americans.
(b) The insincerity.
(c) Prejudice against Jews.
(d) Lack of appreciation for his poetry.
2. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Charles Thompson.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(b) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
(c) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(d) Escort Hadley to the States.
4. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) About once a month.
(b) Once in several months.
(c) Every week or two.
(d) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
5. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
(a) Be happy.
(b) Enjoy nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
2. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
4. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
5. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)