|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He speaks his feelings about her.
(b) He admires her so much.
(c) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
(d) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
2. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
(a) The museums.
(b) His writing.
(c) The writing groups and their discussions.
3. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
(b) His mother.
(c) His former girlfriend.
4. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He is recovering from a head injury.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(d) He has malaria.
5. For what organization is Ernest working?
(a) The London Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Toronto Star.
(d) The Paris Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
3. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
4. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)