|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(b) In Our Time was to be published.
(c) His second novel received great reviews.
(d) His brother is coming to visit.
2. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Some money.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
3. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Charles Thompson.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
(b) Be happy.
(d) Enjoy nature.
5. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a insane woman.
(b) As a bitch.
(c) As a loving nurturer.
(d) As a brilliant but good woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
2. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
3. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
4. Who is Harrison Williams?
5. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)