|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
(d) No one.
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His mother was there visiting.
(d) His brother is missing.
3. What does Ernest think of Zelda?
(a) She is delightful.
(b) She is more interesting than her husband.
(c) He has no particular thoughts about her.
(d) She is insane.
4. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(b) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) They are served bizarre finger food.
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too conservative.
(b) Rome is too dangerous.
(c) Rome restricts the content of books.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest say he might move?
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
3. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
4. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)