|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her brother when he was young.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) Her father's expression.
2. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
(a) In Our Time was to be published.
(b) His brother is coming to visit.
(c) His father looks to be recovering fully.
(d) His second novel received great reviews.
3. Where do the Hemingways go for a nightcap?
(a) Gertrude Stein's home.
(b) The Fitzgerald home.
(c) A nightclub frequented by young people.
(d) Zelda's best friend's house.
4. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His mother was there visiting.
(b) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(c) His father was dying.
(d) His brother is missing.
5. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
(a) Mundane matters.
(b) Months long.
(c) Quick, one or two hour interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hemingway?
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
4. What is becoming less frequent?
5. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)