|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use more detailed scenes.
(d) Use less obscure vocabulary.
2. What proofs does Ernest review?
(a) For a book of family stories that his sister is publishing.
(c) For a small book of his stories and poems.
(d) For a book that Ezra Pound is publishing.
3. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To have a tax write off.
(b) To look like a read author.
(c) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(d) It was too distracting to work at home.
4. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A successful steel mill.
(b) A farm conglomerate.
(c) A public library system.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
5. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) They both love the area.
(b) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
(c) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
(d) They both hate the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
3. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
4. Where is Hadley Richardson?
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)