|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Emmanual Kant.
2. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Almost drowned Ernest.
3. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(b) Pretends that it's not important.
(c) Tries to remain calm.
(d) Tries not to blame Hadley.
4. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her bank book.
(b) Her checkbook.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
5. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(b) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
(c) She does not like to be alone.
(d) She believes in monogamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
5. Who is Agnes?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)