|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
2. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(b) She had been in love with Ernest.
(c) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
3. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(b) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
(c) Fonnie's objections.
(d) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
4. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(b) Soldier on the front lines.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Correspondent for the Times.
5. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(b) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
2. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
4. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
5. Where do Dorothy and Ezra live most of the year?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)