|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Carnegie Steel.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Firestone Tires.
2. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She believes in monogamy.
(b) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(c) She does not like to be alone.
(d) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
3. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Returning to the States.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Forget writing.
(d) Taking on a new job.
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is divorcing her husband.
(c) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(d) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
5. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(a) Not having her own work.
(b) Her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
2. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
4. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
5. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)