|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Talking to himself.
(c) Going out with the boys.
(d) Locking himself in his office.
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a loving nurturer.
(b) As a insane woman.
(c) As a brilliant but good woman.
(d) As a bitch.
3. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
(a) A British war correspondent.
(b) A French war correspondent.
(c) A Turkish ayatollah.
(d) A British soldier.
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(b) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
5. What is Hadley given for pain?
(d) An injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
2. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
3. Where does Ernest's job send him?
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
5. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)