|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a mediocre writer.
(b) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(c) As somewhat of a passive person.
(d) As a lesbian.
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(b) The United States.
3. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
(a) Months long.
(b) Quick, one or two hour interviews.
(d) Mundane matters.
4. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(b) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(c) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(d) Nothing is significant about the place.
5. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(d) Hemingway's family cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harrison Williams?
2. How old is Hadley at the opening?
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
4. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)