|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
(a) To break into the fashion industry.
(b) For her brother.
(c) For Vogue.
(d) To accompany and chaperone her younger sister.
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charles Thompson.
4. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
(a) Throws things.
(d) Writes for hours.
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would have her heart broken.
(b) She would be pregnant all the time.
(c) She would be a joy to her husband.
(d) She was the same as a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
2. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
3. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
4. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
5. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)