|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(b) Stay in Paris.
(c) Return to the States.
(d) Go with him on assignment.
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(c) Her sister Dorothea.
3. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(b) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(d) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
4. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would be pregnant all the time.
(c) She would have her heart broken.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Serious artists go to Paris.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Rome restricts the content of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
4. What is becoming less frequent?
5. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)