|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He has dysentery.
(b) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is recovering from a head injury.
2. How does Hadley respond to Ernest's assignment?
(a) She knows he has to do it to help support them.
(b) She is proud of his contribution to the war effort.
(c) She is fearful for his safety.
(d) She asks him not to go.
3. What is Hadley given for pain?
(a) An injection.
4. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was run by a Communist.
(b) The paper was anti-American.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
5. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
(a) She is angry with him.
(b) She has another invitation.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) She has other plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
2. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
3. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
5. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)