|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(b) Her checkbook.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her bank book.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being humiliated.
3. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Once in several months.
(b) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(c) Every week or two.
(d) About once a month.
4. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Returning to the States.
(b) Forget writing.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Taking on a new job.
5. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(b) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(c) The kitchen is a wreck.
(d) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
2. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
4. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
5. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)