|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) To witness some bullfighting.
(b) To revisit some places he had been.
(c) To check out the unrest there.
(d) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
2. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An editor.
(d) A writer.
3. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
(b) Throws things.
(c) Writes for hours.
4. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) Her mother has just died.
(b) Her father has just died.
(c) Her brother has just died.
(d) She just miscarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
2. How old is Hemingway?
3. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
4. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)