|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
(a) The museums.
(b) The writing groups and their discussions.
(d) His writing.
2. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Carnegie Steel.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Firestone Tires.
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned.
(b) Almost drowned Ernest.
(c) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(d) Exposed her breast to him.
4. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A poem.
(b) A special delivery letter.
(c) A bunch of roses.
(d) A photograph.
5. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) No one Hadley has ever met.
(b) A husband and wife.
(c) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(d) Friends of Hadley's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
3. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
4. Who is Agnes?
5. Who fascinates Hadley?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)