|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He admires her so much.
(b) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
(c) He speaks his feelings about her.
(d) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) No one.
3. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(b) He scorns it.
(c) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(d) He is amused.
4. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(b) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
(c) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
(d) To hire a private investigator.
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(b) Hemingway's best friend.
(c) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(d) Kate's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
2. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
3. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
4. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
5. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)