|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Charles Thompson.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(b) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Going to Europe.
3. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) To have a tax write off.
(c) It was too distracting to work at home.
(d) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
4. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
(a) The Midwest of the United States.
(b) The Greek.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Russian Revolution.
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(a) Emotionally dependent.
(b) Strong and confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
2. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
3. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
4. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
5. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)