|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(b) The master of ceremonies.
(c) No one.
(d) A young man at the party she does not know.
3. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she would come along as his mistress.
(b) If he should go to Paris instead.
(c) If he is making the best decision.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(c) She is divorcing her husband.
(d) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
5. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(b) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(c) It was open, and both had other lovers.
(d) Their relationship is all consuming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
4. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
5. Where does Ernest's job send him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)