|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Correspondent for the Times.
(b) Soldier on the front lines.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Ambulance driver.
2. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
(b) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(c) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(d) He learns more about symbolism.
3. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) A pilot.
(b) An editor.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A writer.
4. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Includes a lock of her hair.
(b) Kisses the envelope.
(c) Includes a poems he wrote.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) Huge displacements of civilians.
(b) The Franco-Turkish war.
(c) The Greco-Turkish war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
2. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
3. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
4. For what organization is Ernest working?
5. How old is Hadley at the opening?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)