|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(b) Kate's best friend.
(c) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(d) Hemingway's best friend.
2. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She does not like to be alone.
(b) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(c) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
(d) She believes in monogamy.
3. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
(b) They both hate the area.
(c) They both love the area.
(d) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
4. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
(b) Enjoy nature.
(d) Be happy.
5. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
(b) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(c) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(d) Escort Hadley to the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
3. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
4. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
5. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)