|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hadley respond to Ernest's assignment?
(a) She knows he has to do it to help support them.
(b) She asks him not to go.
(c) She is proud of his contribution to the war effort.
(d) She is fearful for his safety.
2. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
(a) To cover the Lusanne Peace Conference.
(b) To cover the aftermath of the war in German.
(c) To cover the aftermath of the Versailles Treaty.
(d) To cover the impact of WWI in Russia.
3. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
4. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(b) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(c) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(d) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
5. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(a) Stay in Paris.
(b) Return to the States.
(d) Go with him on assignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hadley at the opening?
2. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
3. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)