|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(d) Hemingway's family cottage.
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(b) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
3. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) She has no particular hopes.
(b) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(c) Dance with Hemingway again.
(d) Interview one of its famous attendees.
4. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
(a) Write a long book and not short stories.
(b) Send off his letters of introduction.
(c) Send his latest story to a French publisher.
(d) Send his latest story to an English publisher.
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she would come along as his mistress.
(b) If he should go to Paris instead.
(c) If he is making the best decision.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
2. Why is Hadley in mourning?
3. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
4. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
5. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)