|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(b) She does not like to be alone.
(c) She believes in monogamy.
(d) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
2. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They are served bizarre finger food.
(b) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
4. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Alice B. Toklas.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Zora Neal Hurston.
5. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Emmanual Kant.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
2. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
3. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
4. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
5. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)