|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(a) Sea captain.
2. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
(a) It is so far away from where they are living.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) His emotional state is too fragile for the work.
(d) He might get lonely and cheat on her.
3. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Some money.
4. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(b) Nothing is significant about the place.
(c) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(d) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
5. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(b) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hadley Richardson?
2. What does Ernest decide to do?
3. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
4. Who is Edward O'Brien?
5. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)