|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to remain calm.
(b) Pretends that it's not important.
(c) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(d) Tries to comfort Hadley.
3. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
4. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be pregnant all the time.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She was the same as a prostitute.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A public library system.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(d) A farm conglomerate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
2. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
3. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)