|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
(a) Lack of appreciation for his poetry.
(b) Prejudice against Jews.
(c) Prejudice against Americans.
(d) The insincerity.
2. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her bank book.
(b) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(c) Her checkbook.
(d) Her diaphragm.
3. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
4. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
(a) Not being supportive of his writing.
(b) Being jealous of every woman.
(d) Having an affair.
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is Hadley's birthday.
(b) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(c) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(d) It is the day Ernest gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
3. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
4. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)