|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He scorns it.
(b) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
2. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(b) Sorry that they fought.
(c) Hurt and angry.
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
(b) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(c) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(d) Escort Hadley to the States.
4. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Serious artists go to Paris.
(b) Rome restricts the content of books.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Rome is too dangerous.
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she would come along as his mistress.
(b) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(c) If he should go to Paris instead.
(d) If he is making the best decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
2. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
3. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
5. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)