|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
(b) She believes in monogamy.
(c) She does not like to be alone.
(d) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
2. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) The kitchen is a wreck.
(b) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(c) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
3. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being humiliated.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
5. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Correspondent for the Times.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Soldier on the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
2. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
3. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
4. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
5. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)