|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
2. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(b) Kate's best friend.
(c) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(d) Hemingway's best friend.
3. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had been in love with Ernest.
(b) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
4. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(b) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(c) Their relationship is all consuming.
(d) It was open, and both had other lovers.
5. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(c) Sea captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest rent an office?
2. Where is Hadley Richardson?
3. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
4. Why is Hadley in mourning?
5. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)