|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(c) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(d) She is divorcing her husband.
2. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Includes a poems he wrote.
(c) Includes a lock of her hair.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
3. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(b) Soldier on the front lines.
(c) Correspondent for the Times.
(d) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
4. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(b) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
(c) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(d) The kitchen is a wreck.
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charles Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
2. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
3. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
4. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
5. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)