|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) A husband and wife.
(b) No one Hadley has ever met.
(c) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(d) Friends of Hadley's.
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(c) Hates it.
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(b) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(c) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(d) She spurned his advances.
4. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) Hemingway's best friend.
(b) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(c) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(d) Kate's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
3. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
4. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)