|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
(a) A French war correspondent.
(b) A Turkish ayatollah.
(c) A British war correspondent.
(d) A British soldier.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being humiliated.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being alone.
3. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
(b) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(c) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(d) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
4. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(b) They are served bizarre finger food.
(c) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(d) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His brother is missing.
(d) His mother was there visiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
4. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)