|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Emmanual Kant.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(b) If he is making the best decision.
(c) If he should go to Paris instead.
(d) If she would come along as his mistress.
3. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Friends of Hadley's.
(b) A husband and wife.
(c) No one Hadley has ever met.
(d) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
4. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
(a) He might get lonely and cheat on her.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is so far away from where they are living.
(d) His emotional state is too fragile for the work.
5. How does Hadley respond to Ernest's assignment?
(a) She is proud of his contribution to the war effort.
(b) She is fearful for his safety.
(c) She asks him not to go.
(d) She knows he has to do it to help support them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
2. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
4. Where does Ernest say he might move?
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)