|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Invites him to St. Louis.
(c) Includes a poems he wrote.
(d) Includes a lock of her hair.
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a brilliant but good woman.
(b) As a bitch.
(c) As a insane woman.
(d) As a loving nurturer.
3. How old is Hadley at the opening?
4. Where does Ernest's job send him?
5. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Almost drowned Ernest.
(d) Exposed her breast to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
3. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
5. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)