|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) Her mother has just died.
(b) Her brother has just died.
(c) Her father has just died.
(d) She just miscarried.
2. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
(b) She does not like to be alone.
(c) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(d) She believes in monogamy.
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Almost drowned.
(d) Almost drowned Ernest.
4. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
(a) Prejudice against Jews.
(b) Prejudice against Americans.
(c) Lack of appreciation for his poetry.
(d) The insincerity.
5. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(c) Hemingway's family cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
3. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
4. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
5. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)