|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(b) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
(c) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(d) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(c) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(d) It is Hadley's birthday.
3. Who is Agnes?
(a) Hadley's cousin.
(b) A nurse in Italy.
(c) A nurse in England.
(d) Ernest's cousin.
4. Why does Hadley have difficulty with what Ernest accuses her?
(a) She does not really know why she feels the way she does.
(b) She does not like to be alone.
(c) She thinks Ernest is very capable of having an affair.
(d) She believes in monogamy.
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charles Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
4. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
5. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)