|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
(b) The writing groups and their discussions.
(c) His writing.
(d) The museums.
2. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(b) As a lesbian.
(c) As a mediocre writer.
(d) As somewhat of a passive person.
3. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He learns more about symbolism.
(b) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(c) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(d) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
4. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(b) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(c) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(d) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is Hadley's birthday.
(c) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(d) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
3. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
4. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
5. Who fascinates Hadley?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)