|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) No one.
3. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(b) Correspondent for the Times.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Soldier on the front lines.
4. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be a joy to her husband.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She would be pregnant all the time.
(d) She was the same as a prostitute.
5. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
(b) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(c) Fonnie's objections.
(d) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
2. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
3. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
4. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
5. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)