|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
(a) His mother.
(d) His former girlfriend.
2. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(b) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing her husband.
3. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(c) Emotionally dependent.
(d) Strong and confident.
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He learns more about symbolism.
(b) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
(c) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(d) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
5. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
(a) Not being supportive of his writing.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Being jealous of every woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
2. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
3. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
4. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
5. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)