|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
(b) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(c) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
2. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He knows it's good for his career to be there.
(c) He has no feelings one way or the other.
(d) He is totally in love with it.
5. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Russian Revolution.
(c) The Greek.
(d) The Midwest of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
2. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
3. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
4. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
5. Who fascinates Hadley?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)