|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Going to Europe.
2. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
(a) A Turkish ayatollah.
(b) A British war correspondent.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A French war correspondent.
3. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Charles Thompson.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) Ernest's cousin.
(c) A nurse in Italy.
(d) Hadley's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
2. For what organization is Ernest working?
3. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
4. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
5. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)