|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper lacked good journalism.
(b) The paper was run by a Communist.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper was anti-American.
2. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
3. Where does Ernest's job send him?
4. What is Hadley's major objection to Ernest's assignment?
(a) His emotional state is too fragile for the work.
(b) He might get lonely and cheat on her.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is so far away from where they are living.
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Carnegie Steel.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Firestone Tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
3. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
4. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)