|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Includes a lock of her hair.
(b) Invites him to St. Louis.
(c) Includes a poems he wrote.
(d) Kisses the envelope.
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A poem.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A special delivery letter.
(d) A bunch of roses.
3. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) A family friend.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
4. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
(a) A British war correspondent.
(b) A French war correspondent.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A Turkish ayatollah.
5. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her desire to move to New York.
(b) Her depression.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agnes?
2. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
3. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
4. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
5. How old is Hemingway?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)