|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
2. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Correspondent for the Times.
(b) Soldier on the front lines.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Ambulance driver.
3. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Carnegie Steel.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
4. How old is Hemingway?
5. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) A nurse in Italy.
(c) Ernest's cousin.
(d) Hadley's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
2. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
3. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)