|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
2. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charles Thompson.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) She spurned his advances.
(c) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(d) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
5. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Holton Township.
(b) Near St. Louis.
(c) Horton Bay.
(d) Near Ketchum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
2. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
3. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
4. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
5. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)