|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Rome restricts the content of books.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
2. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Being jealous of every woman.
(d) Not being supportive of his writing.
3. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(b) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(c) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(d) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
4. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Alice B. Toklas.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Dorothy Pound.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
5. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) The Greco-Turkish war.
(b) The Franco-Turkish war.
(d) Huge displacements of civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
3. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
4. On what does Hadley get drunk when they go out with the Pounds?
5. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)