|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His father was dying.
(b) His mother was there visiting.
(c) His brother is missing.
(d) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
2. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(c) Sorry that they fought.
(d) Hurt and angry.
3. For what organization is Ernest working?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Paris Review.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Toronto Star.
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She is divorcing her husband.
(b) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(b) It is Hadley's birthday.
(c) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(d) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
2. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
3. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)