|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned Ernest.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Almost drowned.
2. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(c) Use more detailed scenes.
(d) Use more complex writing.
3. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) No one.
(b) The master of ceremonies.
(c) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(d) A young man at the party she does not know.
4. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(b) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
5. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(b) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(d) The kitchen is a wreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hadley at the opening?
2. For what organization is Ernest working?
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
4. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)