|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
2. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A vacation in Switzerland.
(b) A vacation in Italy.
(c) A bigger flat.
(d) A few new books.
3. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) To have a tax write off.
(c) It was too distracting to work at home.
(d) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
4. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He has malaria.
(b) He is recovering from a head injury.
(c) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(d) He has dysentery.
5. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her father's expression.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
(d) A lost puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
2. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
3. What is becoming less frequent?
4. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
5. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)