|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her sister Fonnie.
(d) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
3. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Holton Township.
(b) Horton Bay.
(c) Near St. Louis.
(d) Near Ketchum.
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Charles Thompson.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. Where is Hadley Richardson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
2. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
3. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
4. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
5. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)