|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(a) Hemingway's family cottage.
2. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Carnegie Steel.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) Firestone Tires.
(d) The New York Times.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) World's Fair.
(b) A huge fire.
(c) A growth spurt.
(d) An epidemic.
4. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(b) She is divorcing her husband.
(c) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(c) She spurned his advances.
(d) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
3. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
4. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)