|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
(b) They both love the area.
(c) They both hate the area.
(d) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
2. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was run by a Communist.
(b) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(c) The paper lacked good journalism.
(d) The paper was anti-American.
3. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Near St. Louis.
(b) Horton Bay.
(c) Holton Township.
(d) Near Ketchum.
4. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(b) His brother is missing.
(c) His mother was there visiting.
(d) His father was dying.
5. How old is Hemingway?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
3. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
4. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)