|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She would be pregnant all the time.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His mother was there visiting.
(b) His brother is missing.
(c) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(d) His father was dying.
3. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) No one.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A family friend.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) A husband and wife.
(b) No one Hadley has ever met.
(c) Friends of Hadley's.
(d) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
5. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(b) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
2. Where is Hadley Richardson?
3. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
5. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)