|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
2. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would have her heart broken.
(b) She would be a joy to her husband.
(c) She would be pregnant all the time.
(d) She was the same as a prostitute.
3. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Friends of Hadley's.
(b) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(c) A husband and wife.
(d) No one Hadley has ever met.
4. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To introduce Hemingway.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Carnegie Steel.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Firestone Tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hadley Richardson?
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
4. Where does Ernest say he might move?
5. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)