|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Horton Bay.
(b) Near Ketchum.
(c) Near St. Louis.
(d) Holton Township.
2. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
(a) He is dating another woman.
(b) He is married and trying to obtain a divorce.
(c) He is still in love with another woman.
(d) He is moving to Austria for a year.
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(c) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(d) She spurned his advances.
4. Where is Hadley Richardson?
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(b) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
2. Why is Hadley in mourning?
3. Who is Agnes?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)