|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had been in love with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(c) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
2. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(b) The paper lacked good journalism.
(c) The paper was anti-American.
(d) The paper was run by a Communist.
3. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her father's expression.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
(d) A lost puppy.
4. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A public library system.
(d) A farm conglomerate.
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) Carnegie Steel.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harrison Williams?
2. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)