|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(b) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is divorcing her husband.
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Serious artists go to Paris.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Rome restricts the content of books.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) A growth spurt.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A huge fire.
4. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A bunch of roses.
(b) A poem.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A special delivery letter.
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A public library system.
(b) A farm conglomerate.
(c) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(d) A successful steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
2. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
3. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
4. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)