|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) The master of ceremonies.
(b) A young man at the party she does not know.
(c) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(d) No one.
2. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Carnegie Steel.
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned Ernest.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Almost drowned.
4. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
5. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in Italy.
(b) A nurse in England.
(c) Hadley's cousin.
(d) Ernest's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
2. How old is Hemingway?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
4. What is becoming less frequent?
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)