|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Every week or two.
(b) About once a month.
(c) Once in several months.
(d) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
2. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be pregnant all the time.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She would be a joy to her husband.
(d) She was the same as a prostitute.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(b) Hemingway's family cottage.
4. How old is Hadley at the opening?
5. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
2. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
4. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
5. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)