|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(c) Her sister Fonnie.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
2. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Invites him to St. Louis.
(b) Includes a lock of her hair.
(c) Kisses the envelope.
(d) Includes a poems he wrote.
3. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be pregnant all the time.
(b) She would be a joy to her husband.
(c) She was the same as a prostitute.
(d) She would have her heart broken.
4. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(b) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Having a drink and dancing a little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
2. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
3. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
4. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
5. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)