|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(b) A lost puppy.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
(d) Her father's expression.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) A family friend.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(b) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
(c) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(d) Nothing is significant about the place.
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Rome restricts the content of books.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome is too conservative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
3. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
4. How old is Hadley at the opening?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)