|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(b) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
(c) Fonnie's objections.
(d) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
2. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A farm conglomerate.
(b) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(c) A successful steel mill.
(d) A public library system.
3. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) No one Hadley has ever met.
(b) A husband and wife.
(c) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(d) Friends of Hadley's.
4. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(b) The paper was run by a Communist.
(c) The paper was anti-American.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
5. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He admires her so much.
(b) He speaks his feelings about her.
(c) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
(d) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
5. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)