|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Going to Europe.
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) It was too distracting to work at home.
(b) To have a tax write off.
(c) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(d) To look like a read author.
3. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being humiliated.
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A farm conglomerate.
(b) A public library system.
(c) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(d) A successful steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
2. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
4. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)