|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(c) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
2. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) Ernest's cousin.
(c) Hadley's cousin.
(d) A nurse in Italy.
3. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Once in several months.
(b) About once a month.
(c) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(d) Every week or two.
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would be pregnant all the time.
(c) She would have her heart broken.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
2. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
3. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
4. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
5. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)