|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To introduce Hemingway.
(b) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To share gossip.
2. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Horton Bay.
(b) Holton Township.
(c) Near Ketchum.
(d) Near St. Louis.
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(d) A huge family photo album.
4. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Friends of Hadley's.
(b) A husband and wife.
(c) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(d) No one Hadley has ever met.
5. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had been in love with Ernest.
(b) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
2. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
3. Why is Hadley in mourning?
4. Where does Ernest say he might move?
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)