|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) About once a month.
(b) Once in several months.
(c) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(d) Every week or two.
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(b) To share gossip.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
4. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(b) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
5. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(b) Correspondent for the Times.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Soldier on the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
2. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)