|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her desire to move to New York.
(c) Her possible pregnancy.
2. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
(b) They both hate the area.
(c) They both love the area.
(d) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
(b) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(d) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
4. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(b) She has no particular hopes.
(c) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(d) Dance with Hemingway again.
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(c) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(d) A huge family photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hadley in mourning?
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. Who is Agnes?
5. Who is Harrison Williams?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)