|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(b) A lost puppy.
(c) Her father's expression.
(d) Her brother when he was young.
2. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Correspondent for the Times.
(b) Soldier on the front lines.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) A huge fire.
(b) A growth spurt.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) World's Fair.
4. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Emotionally dependent.
(c) Strong and confident.
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(b) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(c) To introduce Hemingway.
(d) To share gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
4. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
5. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)