|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being humiliated.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
2. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Correspondent for the Times.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
3. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) Her father has just died.
(b) She just miscarried.
(c) Her mother has just died.
(d) Her brother has just died.
4. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald is there.
(b) Ernest Hemingway is there.
(c) The kitchen is a wreck.
(d) There is a note saying everyone had already left for the day.
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A public library system.
(b) A farm conglomerate.
(c) A successful steel mill.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
3. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
4. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
5. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)