|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hadley Richardson?
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her possible pregnancy.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her desire to move to New York.
3. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Near St. Louis.
(b) Holton Township.
(c) Horton Bay.
(d) Near Ketchum.
4. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(d) Sea captain.
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was run by a Communist.
(b) The paper was anti-American.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
2. Why is Hadley in mourning?
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
4. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
5. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)