|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He admires her so much.
(b) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
(c) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
(d) He speaks his feelings about her.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) No one.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A family friend.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) A growth spurt.
(d) A huge fire.
4. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her brother when he was young.
(b) Her father's expression.
(d) A lost puppy.
5. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(b) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(c) She had been in love with Ernest.
(d) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming less frequent?
2. Why is Hadley in mourning?
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
4. How old is Hemingway?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)