|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(b) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her possible pregnancy.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
3. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
4. How old is Hemingway?
5. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
(a) He is married and trying to obtain a divorce.
(b) He is dating another woman.
(c) He is still in love with another woman.
(d) He is moving to Austria for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
2. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
3. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
4. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)