|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
(a) She is divorcing her husband.
(b) She had been involved at one time with Ernest.
(c) She hopes to be involved with Ernest.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Going to Europe.
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Includes a poems he wrote.
(c) Includes a lock of her hair.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
4. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) Her father has just died.
(b) She just miscarried.
(c) Her mother has just died.
(d) Her brother has just died.
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Carnegie Steel.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Firestone Tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming less frequent?
2. How old is Hadley at the opening?
3. Where is Hadley Richardson?
4. Who is Harrison Williams?
5. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)