|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His mother was there visiting.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His brother is missing.
(d) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Fonnie.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) World's Fair.
(b) A growth spurt.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A huge fire.
4. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(b) She has no particular hopes.
(c) Dance with Hemingway again.
(d) Interview one of its famous attendees.
5. How old is Hadley at the opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
2. Where is Hadley Richardson?
3. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
4. What is becoming less frequent?
5. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)