|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(b) Sea captain.
2. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(b) No one Hadley has ever met.
(c) Friends of Hadley's.
(d) A husband and wife.
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a brilliant but good woman.
(b) As a loving nurturer.
(c) As a insane woman.
(d) As a bitch.
4. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
(b) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(c) Fonnie's objections.
(d) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
5. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) World's Fair.
(b) An epidemic.
(c) A growth spurt.
(d) A huge fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
2. Who is Harrison Williams?
3. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
4. Who fascinates Hadley?
5. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)