|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) Hemingway's best friend.
(b) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(c) Kate's best friend.
(d) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
2. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) A growth spurt.
(c) World's Fair.
(d) A huge fire.
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(b) A huge family photo album.
(c) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
4. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a bitch.
(b) As a insane woman.
(c) As a loving nurturer.
(d) As a brilliant but good woman.
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
2. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
5. Where does Ernest say he might move?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)