|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(b) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Having a drink and dancing a little.
2. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A public library system.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A farm conglomerate.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
3. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(b) A husband and wife.
(c) Friends of Hadley's.
(d) No one Hadley has ever met.
4. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He admires her so much.
(b) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
(c) He speaks his feelings about her.
(d) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
4. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
5. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)