|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) She has no particular hopes.
(b) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(c) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(d) Dance with Hemingway again.
2. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She would be pregnant all the time.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
3. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) A growth spurt.
(c) A huge fire.
(d) World's Fair.
4. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
(a) Friends of Hadley's.
(b) No one Hadley has ever met.
(c) Twins who Hadley meets at the party.
(d) A husband and wife.
5. How old is Hadley at the opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harrison Williams?
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
4. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
5. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)