|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His brother is missing.
(b) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(c) His mother was there visiting.
(d) His father was dying.
2. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
3. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(b) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(d) Writing a book about her mother.
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
(a) He is moving to Austria for a year.
(b) He is still in love with another woman.
(c) He is married and trying to obtain a divorce.
(d) He is dating another woman.
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
2. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
3. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
4. How old is Hemingway?
5. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)