|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be a joy to her husband.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She would be pregnant all the time.
(d) She was the same as a prostitute.
2. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(b) Dance with Hemingway again.
(c) She has no particular hopes.
(d) Interview one of its famous attendees.
3. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A bunch of roses.
(b) A special delivery letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A photograph.
4. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Includes a poems he wrote.
(b) Kisses the envelope.
(c) Includes a lock of her hair.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
5. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her desire to move to New York.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agnes?
2. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
3. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
4. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
5. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)