|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A poem.
(c) A special delivery letter.
(d) A bunch of roses.
2. Where does Ernest say he might move?
(b) New York.
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a loving nurturer.
(b) As a insane woman.
(c) As a brilliant but good woman.
(d) As a bitch.
4. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
5. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Invites him to St. Louis.
(b) Includes a lock of her hair.
(c) Kisses the envelope.
(d) Includes a poems he wrote.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
2. Who is Harrison Williams?
3. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
4. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
5. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)