|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(b) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
2. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
3. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Carnegie Steel.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
4. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(b) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her sister Fonnie.
5. How old is Hadley at the opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fascinates Hadley?
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
3. How old is Hemingway?
4. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
5. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)