|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 through 47 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
(a) Huge displacements of civilians.
(c) The Franco-Turkish war.
(d) The Greco-Turkish war.
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Candid and sensible.
(b) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(c) Kind and generous.
(d) Moody and generous.
3. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He speaks his feelings about her.
(b) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
(c) He admires her so much.
(d) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
4. Where does Pauline suggest the Hemingways move with her?
(a) To a larger villa in Italy.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Arkansas.
(d) To her large flat in Paris.
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(c) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(d) It is Hadley's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
2. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
3. Whom does Hadley marry?
4. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
5. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)