Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 through 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) It was too distracting to work at home.
(c) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(d) To have a tax write off.
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to remain calm.
(b) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(c) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(d) Pretends that it's not important.
3. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A farm conglomerate.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A public library system.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
4. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
(b) John Hadley Hemingway.
(c) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
5. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Fonnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
3. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
4. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
5. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)