|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A family friend.
(d) No one.
2. How does Ernest feel as he leaves on his assignment?
(c) Sorry that they fought.
(d) Hurt and angry.
3. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Correspondent for the Times.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Ambulance driver.
4. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(b) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(c) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
(d) Escort Hadley to the States.
5. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a loving nurturer.
(b) As a bitch.
(c) As a insane woman.
(d) As a brilliant but good woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
3. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
4. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
5. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)