|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Correspondent for the Times.
(d) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
2. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would be pregnant all the time.
(c) She would have her heart broken.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
4. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His father was dying.
(b) His mother was there visiting.
(c) His brother is missing.
(d) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Writing a book about her mother.
(b) Going to Europe.
(c) Having a drink and dancing a little.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
2. How old is Hadley at the opening?
3. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
4. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
5. Who is Agnes?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)