|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(b) He has malaria.
(c) He is recovering from a head injury.
(d) He has dysentery.
2. Why does Pauline come to Paris?
(a) For Vogue.
(b) For her brother.
(c) To accompany and chaperone her younger sister.
(d) To break into the fashion industry.
3. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(b) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
(c) To hire a private investigator.
(d) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
4. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
(a) Kitty, Pauline, and Jinny.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
5. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) To witness some bullfighting.
(b) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) To check out the unrest there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
3. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
4. What news does Ernest receive while on vacation that elates him?
5. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)