|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too dangerous.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
2. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) The beach.
(b) In Manhatten.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) A dinner party.
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
(a) Escort Hadley to Lusanne.
(b) Send some of Ernest's work to Cosmopolitan.
(c) Escort Hadley to the States.
(d) Escort Hadley to Versailles.
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) They both hate the area.
(b) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
(c) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
(d) They both love the area.
5. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) Kitty, Pauline, and Jinny.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
2. Who fascinates Hadley?
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
4. Why does Ernest rent an office?
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)