|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a insane woman.
(b) As a brilliant but good woman.
(c) As a bitch.
(d) As a loving nurturer.
2. What is Ernest's reaction to Hadley's confronting him?
(a) He refuses to answer her.
(b) He tells her everything.
(c) He lies.
(d) He slaps her.
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They are served bizarre finger food.
(b) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
4. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(c) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(d) Writing a book about her mother.
5. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(b) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(c) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(d) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
2. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
3. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
4. How does Ernest behave on their vacation?
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)