|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
(a) He speaks his feelings about her.
(b) Hadley does not mention Ernest and his mother.
(c) He admires her so much.
(d) He can love her yet not be dominated by her.
2. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
(b) It is erratic but there is no reason to lose hope.
(c) It seems to be on the skids.
(d) The publishing of his book is a hugh turning point for Ernest.
3. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
(a) The Greek.
(b) The Russian Revolution.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Midwest of the United States.
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) To check out the unrest there.
(b) To witness some bullfighting.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
5. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Hadley's sister.
(b) Ernest's parents.
(c) Ernest's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest's job send him?
2. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
3. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
4. Where does Ernest say he might move?
5. Who is Agnes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)