|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go for a nightcap?
(a) The Fitzgerald home.
(b) Zelda's best friend's house.
(c) Gertrude Stein's home.
(d) A nightclub frequented by young people.
2. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Charles Thompson.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Lady Twysden.
(b) Kate Smith.
(c) Kitty Cannell.
4. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(a) Emotionally dependent.
(b) Strong and confident.
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They are served bizarre finger food.
(b) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(c) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(d) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
2. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
3. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
5. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)