|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(c) Strong and confident.
(d) Emotionally dependent.
2. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(b) To revisit some places he had been.
(c) To check out the unrest there.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
3. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His brother is missing.
(b) His mother was there visiting.
(c) His father was dying.
(d) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
4. Ernest says he needs to be alone to ___________.
(b) Enjoy nature.
(d) Be happy.
5. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(b) Hadley's sister.
(c) Ernest's brother.
(d) Ernest's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ernest and Pauline do when they meet by chance?
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
3. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
4. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
5. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)