|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(b) Lady Twysden.
(c) Kitty Cannell.
(d) Kate Smith.
2. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her depression.
(c) Her possible pregnancy.
(d) Her desire to move to New York.
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
4. About what does Ernest worry while on vacation?
(a) His father.
(c) Bumby getting sick.
(d) His career.
5. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
(a) To St. Louis to see Ernest's dying father.
(b) A ski trip to the Austrian Alps.
(c) Back to the Midwest in the United States.
(d) To Southern Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ernest say he might move?
2. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
3. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)