|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
(c) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(d) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
2. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
(d) No one.
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
(a) Ernest first decided to become a writer at that place.
(b) Ernest's father proposed to Ernest's mother there.
(c) Nothing is significant about the place.
(d) It is just a mile from where he had a run-in with Kate.
4. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(a) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
5. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(b) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
2. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
3. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
5. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)