|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(b) Take time off to re-write his work.
(c) Ask his father for money.
(d) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(b) To look like a read author.
(c) It was too distracting to work at home.
(d) To have a tax write off.
3. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(b) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(c) Tries to remain calm.
(d) Pretends that it's not important.
4. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A few new books.
(b) A bigger flat.
(c) A vacation in Switzerland.
(d) A vacation in Italy.
5. Whom does Ezra excoriate when the Hemingways are out with them?
(a) The Russian Revolution.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Midwest of the United States.
(d) The Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Ernest get into a fight?
2. For how long do the Hemingways not speak to each other?
3. Why does Ernest go to New York?
4. Where do the Hemingways go for a nightcap?
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)