|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he should go to Paris instead.
(b) If she would come along as his mistress.
(c) If he is making the best decision.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
2. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
(a) A vacation in Italy.
(b) A bigger flat.
(c) A few new books.
(d) A vacation in Switzerland.
3. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
(a) It is often more insightful than his own.
(b) She is long winded.
(c) It interrupts his train of thought.
(d) It is trivial.
4. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Writing a book about her mother.
(c) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(d) Going to Europe.
5. Where is there news of increased conflicts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
2. What has been happening for three years in the area of increased conflicts?
3. What is becoming less frequent?
4. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
5. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)