|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
(a) She has other plans.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She has another invitation.
(d) She is very ill.
2. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They discuss Ernest's next book.
(c) They discuss Ernest's relationship with Hadley.
(d) They argue.
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(c) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
4. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
(a) Her family threatened to cut off her inheritance because they did not like him.
(b) She realized she did not love him enought for marriage.
(c) He ended the engagement.
(d) She plans to marry him, but delayed the marriage for another year.
5. Whom does Ernest see more of back in Paris?
(a) Duff and her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hemingway?
2. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
4. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)