|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(b) A public library system.
(c) A successful steel mill.
(d) A farm conglomerate.
2. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
(a) Locking himself in his office.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Going out with the boys.
3. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
4. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
(a) Taking his family back to Toronto.
(b) Leaving Hadley.
(d) Making sure Pauline stayed away from him.
5. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
2. Whom does Ernest write that bothers Hadley?
3. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
4. Where do Ernest, Hadley and Bumby go on vacation?
5. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)