|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He has malaria.
(b) He is recovering from a head injury.
(c) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(d) He has dysentery.
2. Whom of the women Hadley is meeting does she start liking?
3. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) In Manhatten.
(b) The beach.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) Her sister's house.
4. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Kate Smith.
(c) Lady Twysden.
(d) Kitty Cannell.
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
2. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
3. What proofs does Ernest review?
4. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
5. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)