|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(b) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
(c) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(d) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
2. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(b) Take time off to re-write his work.
(c) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(d) Ask his father for money.
3. Where is Hadley Richardson?
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Not being supportive of his writing.
(c) Being jealous of every woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
2. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
4. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
5. What is Hadley given for pain?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)