|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
(a) Hadley loves them, and Ernest hates them.
(b) They both love the area.
(c) They both hate the area.
(d) Ernest loves them, and Hadley hates them.
2. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) The beach.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) In Manhatten.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(c) Hemingway's family cottage.
4. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
(a) The publishing of his book is a hugh turning point for Ernest.
(b) It is erratic but there is no reason to lose hope.
(d) It seems to be on the skids.
5. Where does Ernest meet Pauline by chance one day?
(a) At a cafe.
(b) At the park.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At a book signing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
3. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
4. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
5. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)