|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
2. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(b) He scorns it.
(c) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(d) He is amused.
3. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) No one.
(b) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
(c) The master of ceremonies.
(d) A young man at the party she does not know.
4. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Zelda Fitzgerald.
5. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
(a) The insincerity.
(b) Prejudice against Jews.
(c) Lack of appreciation for his poetry.
(d) Prejudice against Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
2. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
5. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)