|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(c) Her sister Dorothea.
(d) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
2. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
(a) The publishing of his book is a hugh turning point for Ernest.
(c) It is erratic but there is no reason to lose hope.
(d) It seems to be on the skids.
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Almost drowned Ernest.
(d) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
4. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
(a) Mundane matters.
(c) Months long.
(d) Quick, one or two hour interviews.
5. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Kitty, Pauline, and Jinny.
(c) Dorothy Pound.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
2. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
3. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
4. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)