|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(b) Take time off to re-write his work.
(c) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(d) Ask his father for money.
2. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(b) Go with him on assignment.
(c) Return to the States.
(d) Stay in Paris.
3. Where do the Hemingways go for a nightcap?
(a) The Fitzgerald home.
(b) Gertrude Stein's home.
(c) Zelda's best friend's house.
(d) A nightclub frequented by young people.
4. What did Ernest frequently contemplate?
(a) Leaving Hadley.
(c) Making sure Pauline stayed away from him.
(d) Taking his family back to Toronto.
5. What is wrong with Ernest when he arrives back in Paris?
(a) He is recovering from food poisoning.
(b) He is recovering from a head injury.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He has malaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
2. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
3. What does Hadley figure out?
4. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)