|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
(a) It interrupts his train of thought.
(b) It is often more insightful than his own.
(c) She is long winded.
(d) It is trivial.
2. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
3. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(b) Going to Europe.
(d) Writing a book about her mother.
4. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
5. What is Ernest's reaction to Hadley's confronting him?
(a) He tells her everything.
(b) He refuses to answer her.
(c) He lies.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ernest walks Pauline home one day?
2. Why is Hadley in mourning?
3. What aspect does Ezra excoriate while the Hemingways are there?
4. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
5. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)