|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(d) Use more detailed scenes.
2. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Ernest's brother.
(c) Ernest's parents.
(d) Hadley's sister.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(b) The United States.
4. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) Some money.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
5. What is a first for Ernest on this assignment?
(a) The first time he has not spoken the language of the combatants.
(b) The first time he's worked with a female war correspondent.
(c) The first time he's been on the front lines of a conflict.
(d) The first time he's been near war since he was wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Ernest's career at this point?
2. Who is Harrison Williams?
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
4. Of what does Ernest accuse Hadley?
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)