|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use more detailed scenes.
(c) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(d) Use more complex writing.
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome is too dangerous.
4. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To have a tax write off.
(b) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(c) To look like a read author.
(d) It was too distracting to work at home.
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(b) Going to Europe.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Having a drink and dancing a little.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hadley in mourning?
2. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
3. With what is Ernest completely obsessed?
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
5. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)