|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(d) Emotionally dependent.
2. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(c) Sea captain.
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(b) To share gossip.
(c) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
4. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her brother when he was young.
(b) A lost puppy.
(d) Her father's expression.
5. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(b) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(c) She has no particular hopes.
(d) Dance with Hemingway again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
2. What is the year at the opening to the novel?
3. Where is Hadley Richardson?
4. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)