|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had been in love with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(c) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(d) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
2. Whom does everyone seem to gather around at the party?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Charles Thompson.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her sister Fonnie.
(b) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
4. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(b) Hates it.
5. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a brilliant but good woman.
(b) As a insane woman.
(c) As a bitch.
(d) As a loving nurturer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
5. Why is Hadley in mourning?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)