|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(a) It was open, and both had other lovers.
(b) Their relationship is all consuming.
(c) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
2. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) An epidemic.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) A growth spurt.
(d) A huge fire.
3. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
(a) Write a long book and not short stories.
(b) Send off his letters of introduction.
(c) Send his latest story to a French publisher.
(d) Send his latest story to an English publisher.
4. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
(b) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
5. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
(a) Alice B. Toklas.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Zora Neal Hurston.
(d) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fascinates Hadley?
2. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
3. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
4. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
5. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)