|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A bunch of roses.
(b) A poem.
(c) A special delivery letter.
(d) A photograph.
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
3. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
4. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
(a) He knows it's good for his career to be there.
(b) He is totally in love with it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He has no feelings one way or the other.
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To introduce Hemingway.
(c) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(d) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
4. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)