|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
(a) A growth spurt.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) A huge fire.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being humiliated.
(d) Not becoming a successful writer.
3. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
4. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) She just miscarried.
(b) Her father has just died.
(c) Her mother has just died.
(d) Her brother has just died.
5. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a lesbian.
(b) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(c) As somewhat of a passive person.
(d) As a mediocre writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
3. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
4. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
5. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)