|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
(a) Zora Neal Hurston.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Alice B. Toklas.
(d) James Joyce.
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) It was too distracting to work at home.
(b) To have a tax write off.
(c) To look like a read author.
(d) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
3. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Writing a book about her mother.
(b) Going to Europe.
(c) Having a drink and dancing a little.
4. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(a) Sea captain.
5. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(b) Strong and confident.
(c) Emotionally dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
2. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
4. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)