|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(b) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(c) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(d) It is Hadley's birthday.
2. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(b) Dance with Hemingway again.
(c) She has no particular hopes.
(d) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is totally in love with it.
(c) He knows it's good for his career to be there.
(d) He has no feelings one way or the other.
4. Who is Agnes?
(a) Hadley's cousin.
(b) A nurse in Italy.
(c) A nurse in England.
(d) Ernest's cousin.
5. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hemingway?
2. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
4. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
5. What does Hadley suspect about Kate?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)