|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(b) Every week or two.
(c) Once in several months.
(d) About once a month.
2. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(b) As somewhat of a passive person.
(c) As a mediocre writer.
(d) As a lesbian.
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(b) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
4. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) Ernest's cousin.
(c) Hadley's cousin.
(d) A nurse in Italy.
5. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
(a) Meet someone who wants to be a traveling companion.
(b) Dance with Hemingway again.
(c) Interview one of its famous attendees.
(d) She has no particular hopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
3. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
4. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)