|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Hemingway writing copy?
(a) Firestone Tires.
(b) Carnegie Steel.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
2. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She was the same as a prostitute.
(b) She would be pregnant all the time.
(c) She would have her heart broken.
(d) She would be a joy to her husband.
3. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(b) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
(c) Kate's best friend.
(d) Hemingway's best friend.
4. Why is Hadley in mourning?
(a) Her father has just died.
(b) Her brother has just died.
(c) She just miscarried.
(d) Her mother has just died.
5. How old is Hemingway?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. What is Hadley hoping to do at the party?
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
5. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)