|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a brilliant but good woman.
(b) As a loving nurturer.
(c) As a insane woman.
(d) As a bitch.
3. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Emmanual Kant.
4. How old is Hadley at the opening?
5. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A public library system.
(b) A successful steel mill.
(c) A farm conglomerate.
(d) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
4. What happened in St. Louis in 1904?
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)