|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(b) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being humiliated.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being alone.
3. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His brother is missing.
(b) His father was dying.
(c) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(d) His mother was there visiting.
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(b) If he is making the best decision.
(c) If she would come along as his mistress.
(d) If he should go to Paris instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
2. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
3. What is becoming less frequent?
4. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
5. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)