|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too dangerous.
(c) Rome is too conservative.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
2. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
(a) Emotionally dependent.
(c) Strong and confident.
3. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Once in several months.
(b) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
(c) About once a month.
(d) Every week or two.
4. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(a) Her depression.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
5. What was Ernest's occupation during the war in Italy?
(a) Soldier on the front lines.
(b) Correspondent for the Times.
(c) Correspondent for an independent magazine.
(d) Ambulance driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
3. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
4. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)