|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley's father establish in St. Louis?
(a) A farm conglomerate.
(b) A group of clandestine meetings to run the city.
(c) A successful steel mill.
(d) A public library system.
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Serious artists go to Paris.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Rome is too dangerous.
(d) Rome restricts the content of books.
3. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Not becoming a successful writer.
(b) Being humiliated.
(d) Being alone.
4. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(b) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(c) He scorns it.
(d) He is amused.
5. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
(a) His has received his third rejection from the Saturday Evening Post.
(b) His mother was there visiting.
(c) His brother is missing.
(d) His father was dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
2. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
3. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
5. Where is Hadley Richardson?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)