|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(b) Sea captain.
2. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(b) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(c) They are served bizarre finger food.
(d) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
3. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Writing a book about her mother.
(b) Having a drink and dancing a little.
(d) Going to Europe.
4. How often does Hadley receive a letter from Ernest?
(a) Once in several months.
(b) About once a month.
(c) Every week or two.
(d) Sometimes 2-3 times a day.
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper lacked good journalism.
(b) The paper was run by a Communist.
(c) The paper was anti-American.
(d) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
3. What surprises Kate when she walks into the kitchen of her friends the next morning?
4. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
5. What is becoming less frequent?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)