|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(b) It is Hadley's birthday.
(c) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(d) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
2. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If she would come along as his mistress.
(b) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(c) If he is making the best decision.
(d) If he should go to Paris instead.
3. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A bunch of roses.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A poem.
(d) A special delivery letter.
4. Who fascinates Hadley?
(a) The master of ceremonies.
(b) No one.
(c) A young man at the party she does not know.
(d) An elderly gentleman who is a professor.
5. What does Hadley think will help take her mind off her grief?
(a) Going to Europe.
(c) Writing a book about her mother.
(d) Having a drink and dancing a little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
3. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
4. Why does Ernest rent an office?
5. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)