|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He learns more about symbolism.
(b) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
(c) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(d) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
2. Who is Harrison Williams?
(a) Kate's best friend.
(b) A man Hemingway met in Italy.
(c) Hemingway's best friend.
(d) A young man with whom Hadley had been in love.
3. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) A lost puppy.
(b) Her father's expression.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
4. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too dangerous.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome is too conservative.
5. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) It was too distracting to work at home.
(c) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(d) To have a tax write off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fascinates Hadley?
2. Where does Ernest say he might move?
3. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
4. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
5. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)