|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use more detailed scenes.
(d) Use less obscure vocabulary.
2. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A bunch of roses.
(c) A special delivery letter.
(d) A poem.
3. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(b) Sea captain.
4. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he is making the best decision.
(b) If she would come along as his mistress.
(c) If he should go to Paris instead.
(d) If she wants to come along as his wife.
5. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(b) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(c) They are served bizarre finger food.
(d) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
2. Who are Kate and Kenley Smith?
3. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
4. How does Kate respond when Hadley asks her about Hemingway?
5. Who do Ernest and Hadley occasionally spot on the streets?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)