Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a mediocre writer.
(b) As a lesbian.
(c) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(d) As somewhat of a passive person.
2. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For arguing with his copy editor.
(b) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(c) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(d) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Includes a lock of her hair.
(b) Kisses the envelope.
(c) Includes a poems he wrote.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
4. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
5. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(c) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(d) A huge family photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
2. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
3. What does Ernest write and ask Hadley?
4. What does Ernest decide to do?
5. Who is Edward O'Brien?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)