|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(b) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
(c) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(d) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
3. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
4. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(b) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
(c) To hire a private investigator.
(d) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper lacked good journalism.
(b) The paper was run by a Communist.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper was anti-American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernest demoted?
2. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
3. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
4. Who is Agnes?
5. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)