|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She has other plans.
(c) She has another invitation.
(d) She is angry with him.
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her father's expression.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) Her brother when he was young.
3. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(c) Not having her own work.
(d) Her marriage.
4. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Hadley's sister.
(c) Ernest's brother.
(d) Ernest's parents.
5. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(a) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(b) Their relationship is all consuming.
(d) It was open, and both had other lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
3. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
4. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)