|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Rome restricts the content of books.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
2. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(b) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) She had been in love with Ernest.
3. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(b) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
(c) A huge family photo album.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
4. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her sister Fonnie.
(b) Her sister Dorothea.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
5. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
(a) Write a long book and not short stories.
(b) Send his latest story to a French publisher.
(c) Send off his letters of introduction.
(d) Send his latest story to an English publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
2. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
3. Who agrees to send some of Ernest's poetry to some contacts?
4. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)