|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(b) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
(d) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
2. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Almost drowned Ernest.
(d) Almost drowned.
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Includes a lock of her hair.
(c) Includes a poems he wrote.
(d) Invites him to St. Louis.
4. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use less obscure vocabulary.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use more detailed scenes.
(d) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
2. What does Ernest decide to do?
3. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
4. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
5. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)