|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(b) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(c) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(b) Not becoming a successful writer.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Being humiliated.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(c) The United States.
4. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
5. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(b) Pretends that it's not important.
(c) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(d) Tries to remain calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
2. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
3. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
5. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)