|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(b) It is Hadley's birthday.
(c) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(d) It is the day Ernest gets married.
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(d) Hates it.
3. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Lady Twysden.
(c) Kitty Cannell.
(d) Kate Smith.
4. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
(a) To get some of the copies of his works out of a safety deposit box.
(b) To hire a private investigator.
(c) To look in the apartment to see if any of his work is still there.
(d) To file a complaint with the French rail administration.
5. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being humiliated.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Not becoming a successful writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
2. Where does Ernest go to report on an economic conference?
3. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
4. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
5. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)