|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He scorns it.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(d) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
2. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(b) Use more detailed scenes.
(c) Use more complex writing.
(d) Use less obscure vocabulary.
3. What crushes Hadley about something Ernest tells her?
(a) He is moving to Austria for a year.
(b) He is dating another woman.
(c) He is still in love with another woman.
(d) He is married and trying to obtain a divorce.
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(b) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
5. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) She had been in love with Ernest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
2. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
3. What is Hadley given for pain?
4. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
5. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)