|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Hadley feel an immediately liking?
(a) Alice B. Toklas.
(b) Dorothy Pound.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) T. S. Eliot.
2. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned Ernest.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
3. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Being alone.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being humiliated.
4. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was run by a Communist.
(b) The paper was anti-American.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he is making the best decision.
(b) If he should go to Paris instead.
(c) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(d) If she would come along as his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
2. What does Hadley lose on the train?
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
4. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
5. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)