|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley receive from Ernest Hemingway that stuns her?
(a) A poem.
(b) A special delivery letter.
(c) A bunch of roses.
(d) A photograph.
2. What types of assignments is Ernest often given?
(a) Months long.
(b) Mundane matters.
(d) Quick, one or two hour interviews.
3. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(b) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
4. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(b) As a mediocre writer.
(c) As a lesbian.
(d) As somewhat of a passive person.
5. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
2. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
4. What does Ernest decide to do?
5. Who is Agnes?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)