|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ernest's father's occupation?
(b) Sea captain.
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(b) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(c) Tries to remain calm.
(d) Pretends that it's not important.
3. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her desire to move to New York.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
4. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
(b) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(c) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(d) They are served bizarre finger food.
5. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) A lost puppy.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
(d) Her father's expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
2. Who does Ernest find to be not very bright?
3. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
4. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
5. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)