|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dismays Hadley about the Pound's marriage?
(a) It was open, and both had other lovers.
(c) Dorothy is Ezra's equal in all ways.
(d) Their relationship is all consuming.
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too dangerous.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome restricts the content of books.
3. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
(a) Kisses the envelope.
(b) Includes a lock of her hair.
(c) Invites him to St. Louis.
(d) Includes a poems he wrote.
4. Who becomes the Hemingway's son's godmother?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Dorothy Pound.
(d) Zelda Fitzgerald.
5. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(c) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(d) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the Hemingways decide to splurge?
2. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
3. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
4. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
5. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)