|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
(a) They are served bizarre finger food.
(b) They have to listen to a lecture by an obscure philologist.
(c) Hadley chats with Gertrude's "wife," Alice while Ernest chats with Gertrude.
(d) They meet in Gertrude's kitchen.
2. How does Ernest refer to his mother?
(a) As a brilliant but good woman.
(b) As a loving nurturer.
(c) As a insane woman.
(d) As a bitch.
3. What is becoming less frequent?
(a) Ernest's bouts of maleria.
(b) Fonnie's objections.
(c) Hadley's brother's bouts of maleria.
(d) Ernest's letters to Hadley.
4. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(b) Ask his father for money.
(c) Take time off to re-write his work.
(d) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
5. What does Lewis Galantiere encourage Ernest to do?
(a) Send off his letters of introduction.
(b) Send his latest story to a French publisher.
(c) Write a long book and not short stories.
(d) Send his latest story to an English publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
2. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
3. What does Hadley admire about Ernest regarding his mother?
4. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
5. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)