|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(b) Her sister Fonnie.
(c) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Dorothea.
2. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) John Hadley Hemingway.
(b) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
(d) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
3. What does Ernest have to do with Sylvia Beach's Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank?
(a) He studies its style and borrows some of it.
(b) He uses it as a guide for what not to do.
(c) He learns more about symbolism.
(d) He tries to read it, but gives up after a few pages.
4. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Ernest's parents.
(b) Ernest's brother.
(d) Hadley's sister.
5. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He scorns it.
(d) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
2. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
3. Where does Ernest say he might move?
4. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
5. Why does Ernest rent an office?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)