|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hemingways' son's name?
(a) Joseph Hadley Hemingway.
(b) Jack Ernest Hemingway.
(c) John Hadley Hemingway.
(d) Richard Hadley Hemingway.
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(b) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
3. What does Stein recommend to Ernest regarding his writing?
(a) Use more detailed scenes.
(b) Use more complex writing.
(c) Use simple, clear language like that in his poems.
(d) Use less obscure vocabulary.
4. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Horton Bay.
(b) Holton Township.
(c) Near Ketchum.
(d) Near St. Louis.
5. What does Ernest ask Hadley about Rome?
(a) If he should go to Paris instead.
(b) If she would come along as his mistress.
(c) If she wants to come along as his wife.
(d) If he is making the best decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest insist upon going back to Paris?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley move?
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
4. Who is Edward O'Brien?
5. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)