|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernest demoted?
(a) For refusing a long out-of-town assignment.
(b) For arguing with his copy editor.
(c) For not filing his report before going to the hospital.
(d) For writing a biased slant on a situation.
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
(b) Hates it.
3. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) To check out the unrest there.
(b) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
4. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her checkbook.
(b) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her bank book.
5. How is Gertrude Stein characterized in A Paris Wife?
(a) As a mediocre writer.
(b) As somewhat of a passive person.
(c) As a psuedo-intellectual.
(d) As a lesbian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
2. Where does Hadley travel in January to see Ernest?
3. What does a reporter offer to do?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)