|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agnes?
(a) Hadley's cousin.
(b) A nurse in England.
(c) Ernest's cousin.
(d) A nurse in Italy.
2. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Almost drowned Ernest.
(d) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
3. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
(a) Her sister Dorothea.
(b) Her brother was ill in St. Louis and she does not return to nurse him.
(d) Her sister Fonnie.
4. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
(a) She has other plans.
(b) She is very ill.
(c) She has another invitation.
(d) She is angry with him.
5. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(c) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
(d) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
2. How does Hadley feel about Ernest's new book?
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
4. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)