|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She spurned his advances.
(b) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(c) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(d) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
2. How does Ernest respond to Stein's suggestions?
(a) He embraces the advice wholeheartedly.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He takes a little of the advice but not much.
(d) He scorns it.
3. Who is Agnes?
(a) A nurse in England.
(b) Hadley's cousin.
(c) A nurse in Italy.
(d) Ernest's cousin.
4. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest gets married.
(b) It is Hadley's birthday.
(c) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(d) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
5. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(a) Not having her own work.
(b) Her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernest feeling down when Hadley visits him?
2. What is Ernest doing more frequently?
3. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
4. What proofs does Ernest review?
5. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)