|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(b) Pretends that it's not important.
(c) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(d) Tries to remain calm.
2. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(b) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(c) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
(d) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
3. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Ernest's brother.
(b) Ernest's parents.
(d) Hadley's sister.
4. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Taking on a new job.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Forget writing.
(d) Returning to the States.
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome restricts the content of books.
(b) Rome is too conservative.
(c) Serious artists go to Paris.
(d) Rome is too dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley impulsively do when she writes her first letter to Ernest?
2. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
3. Who is Agnes?
4. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
5. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)