|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Ernest about Hadley's conversation?
(a) It interrupts his train of thought.
(b) It is often more insightful than his own.
(c) She is long winded.
(d) It is trivial.
2. With what does Grace bore the family gathering to meet Hadley?
(a) A huge family photo album.
(b) Inviting their pastor over to talk about their trip as missionaries to Africa.
(c) A long, complicated story about a trip to Africa.
(d) A long, complicated story about a trip to Nepal.
3. What does Hadley not mention to Fonnie when she returns to St. Louis?
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her desire to move to New York.
(d) Her possible pregnancy.
4. From whom does Ernest receive an invitation?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Emmanual Kant.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) An editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hadley feel around Ernest?
2. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
3. How was the visit to Gertrude Stein unusual?
4. How does Ernest feel about Paris?
5. Where do the Hemingways go that reminds Ernest of his war wounds?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)