Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To share gossip.
(b) To introduce Hemingway.
(c) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(d) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
2. How is Hadley when Ernest meets her the next morning?
3. To whom does it seem Ernest is paying much attention at a gathering?
(a) Kate Smith.
(b) Lady Twysden.
(c) Kitty Cannell.
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) To check out the unrest there.
(b) To revisit some places he had been.
(c) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
5. What did Hadley's mother say about a wife who likes sex?
(a) She would be a joy to her husband.
(b) She would have her heart broken.
(c) She was the same as a prostitute.
(d) She would be pregnant all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hadley feel guilty about while she is in Chicago?
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
3. Why is Ernest demoted?
4. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
5. Where is Hadley when she goes into labor?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)