|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
(a) Nothing, because she is too upset to talk about it.
(b) It was priceless.
(c) It was not important.
(d) It can easily be replaced.
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
(d) Hemingway's family cottage.
3. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(c) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(d) She spurned his advances.
4. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(a) Go with him on assignment.
(c) Stay in Paris.
(d) Return to the States.
5. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Write music.
(b) Take up the piano again.
(c) Study painting.
(d) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
2. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
3. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
4. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
5. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)