|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(b) She had been in love with Ernest.
(c) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(b) Her brother when he was young.
(c) Her father's expression.
(d) A lost puppy.
3. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) No one.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A family friend.
(d) Her cousin.
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She spurned his advances.
(b) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(c) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(d) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
5. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned.
(b) Almost drowned Ernest.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
2. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
3. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
4. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
5. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)