|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Near St. Louis.
(b) Near Ketchum.
(c) Horton Bay.
(d) Holton Township.
2. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
(d) No one.
3. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(b) To introduce Hemingway.
(c) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(d) To share gossip.
4. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) No one.
(d) A family friend.
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
(a) It doesn't include her.
(b) It is very short.
(c) It is more poignant than his usual writing.
(d) It was completed so quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
2. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
3. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
5. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)