|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to remain calm.
(b) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(c) Pretends that it's not important.
(d) Tries not to blame Hadley.
2. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Not having her own work.
3. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
(a) It is the day Ernest and Kate have a falling out.
(b) It is the day Ernest receives an acceptance letter for a novel.
(c) It is Hadley's birthday.
(d) It is the day Ernest gets married.
4. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Near St. Louis.
(b) Holton Township.
(c) Near Ketchum.
(d) Horton Bay.
5. Why does Ernest go to New York?
(a) To visit his ill mother.
(b) To visit his ill father.
(c) To interview other possible publishing companies.
(d) To give a pitch for his book in person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
3. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
5. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)