|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
(a) Go with him on assignment.
(c) Return to the States.
(d) Stay in Paris.
2. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(b) To have a tax write off.
(c) To look like a read author.
(d) It was too distracting to work at home.
3. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to remain calm.
(b) Pretends that it's not important.
(c) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(d) Tries to comfort Hadley.
4. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Not becoming a successful writer.
(b) Being humiliated.
(d) Being alone.
5. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
(a) Kind and generous.
(b) A spendthrift and temperamental.
(c) Candid and sensible.
(d) Moody and generous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
4. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
5. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)