|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Hadley spend a lot of time in Paris?
(a) Dorothy Pound.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Kitty, Pauline, and Jinny.
(d) Alice B. Toklas.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Not becoming a successful writer.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being humiliated.
3. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Near St. Louis.
(b) Holton Township.
(c) Horton Bay.
(d) Near Ketchum.
4. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(b) Her diaphragm.
(c) Her bank book.
(d) Her checkbook.
5. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
3. What does Ernest decide to do?
4. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
5. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)