|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
2. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
(a) It doesn't include her.
(b) It is more poignant than his usual writing.
(c) It was completed so quickly.
(d) It is very short.
3. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(a) Ernest's parents.
(c) Ernest's brother.
(d) Hadley's sister.
4. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Almost drowned Ernest.
(b) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(c) Exposed her breast to him.
(d) Almost drowned.
5. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Take time off to re-write his work.
(b) Ask his father for money.
(c) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(d) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a reporter offer to do?
2. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
3. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
5. Who is Edward O'Brien?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)