|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her diaphragm.
(b) Her bank book.
(c) Her checkbook.
(d) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
2. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(b) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
3. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
(a) Earn them enough to move to a larger place.
(b) Earn enough money for a live-in nanny.
(c) Destroy Ernest's relationship with Sherwood Anderson.
(d) Enable Hadley to study painting with a master.
4. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Returning to the States.
(b) Forget writing.
(c) Taking on a new job.
(d) Having a baby.
5. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Pretends that it's not important.
(b) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(c) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(d) Tries to remain calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hadley lose on the train?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley go for their honeymoon?
3. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
4. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
5. Why does Ernest rent an office?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)