|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
2. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(b) Her checkbook.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her bank book.
3. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper was run by a Communist.
(b) The paper was anti-American.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper lacked good journalism.
4. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
(b) Ernest's parents.
(c) Ernest's brother.
(d) Hadley's sister.
5. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
(a) She realized she did not love him enought for marriage.
(b) Her family threatened to cut off her inheritance because they did not like him.
(c) She plans to marry him, but delayed the marriage for another year.
(d) He ended the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest go to New York?
2. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
3. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
4. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)