|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
(a) Characters from some of his favorite novels.
(b) No one because Ernest went to great pains not to represent any of his family or friends.
(c) Ernest's childhood school chums.
(d) Ernest's friends in Paris.
2. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(b) Not having her own work.
(c) Her marriage.
3. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
4. What is the first place where Ernest and Hadley live like?
5. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
(b) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(c) She spurned his advances.
(d) She was very mean and degrading to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
2. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
3. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
4. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
5. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)