|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
(a) She has another invitation.
(b) She is very ill.
(c) She has other plans.
(d) She is angry with him.
2. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) She had been in love with Ernest.
3. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(a) Not becoming a successful writer.
(b) Being alone.
(d) Being humiliated.
4. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
5. What does Pauline encourage Hadley to do?
(a) Write music.
(b) Study painting.
(c) Get a nanny for Bumby so she's have more time.
(d) Take up the piano again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
3. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
4. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
5. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)