|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(b) Ask his father for money.
(c) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(d) Take time off to re-write his work.
2. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) Her father's expression.
(b) A lost puppy.
(d) Her brother when he was young.
3. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
(a) The United States.
4. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
(a) Rome is too conservative.
(b) Rome is too dangerous.
(c) Rome restricts the content of books.
(d) Serious artists go to Paris.
5. Where is the church where Ernest and Hadley marry?
(a) Holton Township.
(b) Near St. Louis.
(c) Horton Bay.
(d) Near Ketchum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about September 3, 1921?
2. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
3. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
4. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
5. What surprises Hadley about Ernest's new book?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)