|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernest's expression sometimes reminds Hadley of ______________.
(a) A lost puppy.
(b) Her father's expression.
(c) Her brother when he was young.
2. Who is Edward O'Brien?
(a) An editor.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A writer.
3. What is the setting of Ernest's new book?
4. What did Kate do when she and Ernest were swimming with friends?
(a) Exposed her breast to him.
(b) Almost drowned.
(c) Tried to keep Ernest away from another woman.
(d) Almost drowned Ernest.
5. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
(a) No one because Ernest went to great pains not to represent any of his family or friends.
(b) Characters from some of his favorite novels.
(c) Ernest's childhood school chums.
(d) Ernest's friends in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest insist Hadley do?
2. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
3. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
4. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)