|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
(b) The United States.
2. What does Ernest try to do when Hadley tells him of the incident on the train?
(a) Tries to comfort Hadley.
(b) Tries not to blame Hadley.
(c) Tries to remain calm.
(d) Pretends that it's not important.
3. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(b) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(c) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(d) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
4. Where is Ernest sent on Thanksgiving in 1922?
(a) To cover the aftermath of the Versailles Treaty.
(b) To cover the Lusanne Peace Conference.
(c) To cover the impact of WWI in Russia.
(d) To cover the aftermath of the war in German.
5. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
(a) Earn them enough to move to a larger place.
(b) Earn enough money for a live-in nanny.
(c) Destroy Ernest's relationship with Sherwood Anderson.
(d) Enable Hadley to study painting with a master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
3. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
4. What does Ernest decide to do?
5. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)