|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
(b) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(d) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
2. Where do Ernest and Hadley decide to go for Christmas?
(d) The United States.
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
(a) Ernest go to Paris to work on his craft.
(b) Ernest go to New York to work on his craft.
(c) Ernest come and live near Anderson.
(d) Ernest divorce and devote himself to his work.
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(b) To witness some bullfighting.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) To check out the unrest there.
5. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) Her checkbook.
(b) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her bank book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
3. How do Ernest and Hadley feel about their living quarters?
4. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
5. Why does Ernest go to New York?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)