|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Take time off to re-write his work.
(b) Ask his father for money.
(c) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(d) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
2. Of what is Ernest more frightened than getting married?
(b) Being humiliated.
(c) Not becoming a successful writer.
(d) Being alone.
3. Of what is Hadley growing tired?
(a) Not having her own work.
(c) Her marriage.
4. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
(a) They will loan her some money to replace what was stolen.
(b) They will not allow anyone to disembark without searching them.
(c) There was little hope of Hadley recovering the bag.
5. What sort of accusations are circulated about a small newspaper where Ernest works?
(a) The paper lacked good journalism.
(b) The paper was run by a Communist.
(c) The paper was involved in unethical activities.
(d) The paper was anti-American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
2. Why does Anderson not recommend Rome for Ernest?
3. Sherwood Anderson recommends that ________________.
4. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
5. Where do the Hemingways spend some time?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)