|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(b) Ernest had rejected her handily.
(c) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(d) She had been in love with Ernest.
2. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
(a) She was very mean and degrading to him.
(b) She spurned his advances.
(c) An incident that caused tension between Ernest and Kate.
(d) She tried to get her brother to not associate with Ernest.
3. What does Ernest decide to do?
(a) Take time off to re-write his work.
(b) Not return to the States until he was a successfully published author.
(c) Divorce Hadley if she didn't stop complaining.
(d) Ask his father for money.
4. Why does Ernest rent an office?
(a) To look like a read author.
(b) To get out of the house and away from Hadley more.
(c) To have a tax write off.
(d) It was too distracting to work at home.
5. What does Hadley lose on the train?
(a) A valise full of Ernest's manuscripts.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Some money.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two adjectives describing Pauline?
2. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
3. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
4. Who did the characters in Ernest's latest novel represent?
5. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)