|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hadley leave in Paris that infuriated Ernest?
(a) A letter to a publisher that Ernest needed.
(b) Her bank book.
(c) Her diaphragm.
(d) Her checkbook.
2. Who escorts Hadley down the aisle?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) No one.
3. What had Hadley finally learned from Kate?
(a) Ernest had sexually assaulted her.
(b) She had made a fool of herself with Ernest.
(c) She had been in love with Ernest.
(d) Ernest had rejected her handily.
4. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(c) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
5. What does Ernest feel Hadley tries to trick him into doing?
(a) Taking on a new job.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Returning to the States.
(d) Forget writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest recall about Kate?
2. What did Hadley think the publication of The Torrents of Spring would do?
3. What is significant about the place where Ernest is going to marry Hadley?
4. What does a reporter offer to do?
5. Who visited the Hemingways for Christmas?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)