|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest sometimes do uncontrollably?
(a) Throws things.
(b) Writes for hours.
2. Why does Anderson write to Ezra Pound, James Joyce, and Gertrude Stein?
(a) To tell them that Hemingway probably has no talent.
(b) To ask them to teach Hemingway the ropes.
(c) To share gossip.
(d) To introduce Hemingway.
3. How does Ernest compare Pauline to Kitty?
(a) Pauline is a kinder version of Kitty.
(c) Pauline is more temperamental than Kitty.
(d) Pauline is a brasher version of Kitty.
4. Why does Ernest want to go to Spain?
(a) He does not ever want to go to Spain.
(b) To check out the unrest there.
(c) To revisit some places he had been.
(d) To witness some bullfighting.
5. Whom does Ernest suggest Hadley invite on their Christmas vacation?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the train officials tell Hadley?
2. Why did Pauline not marry the man to whom she was engaged?
3. What does Hadley tell another passenger about what she lost?
4. Why does Hadley not do what Ernest wants?
5. Why does Ernest rent an office?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)