|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Walter give for despising himself in Chapter 47?
(a) He despises his inadequacies in helping the sick.
(b) He despises his previous love for Kitty.
(c) He despises his shyness.
(d) He despises himself for wanting Kitty to die.
2. What crime is Colonel Yu trying desperately to prevent in Mei-tan-fu?
3. When Kitty discovers she is pregnant, what is her immediate reaction?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is elated.
4. What is Kitty's last request of Walter?
(a) She asks him to tell her he loves her.
(b) She asks for forgiveness.
(c) She asks him to give her a kiss.
(d) She asks him to forgive himself.
5. Where is Walter buried?
(a) He is cremated.
(b) His body is sent back to England.
(c) His body is interred in Hong Kong.
(d) In a Mei-tan-fu cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chinese surgeon think that Walter contracted cholera?
2. Why don't the nuns allow Kitty to see inside the infirmary?
3. How does Mother Superior treat Kitty since the discovery of her pregnancy?
4. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
5. When Kitty asks Walter what plans he has for their future after Mei-tan-fu, what is his response?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)