|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
(a) She recounts happy memories from her childhood.
(b) She recounts when she told her family her decision to become a nun.
(c) She tells Kitty of her journey to China.
(d) She tells Kitty of her first love.
2. Who is the first person Kitty meets when she reaches her new home in Mei-tan-fu?
(a) A messanger with a note from Charlie.
(c) A new servant.
(d) Mother Superior.
3. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
(a) He thinks their devotion is a certain kind of madness.
(b) He doesn't find them very devoted.
(c) He thinks their devotion to humanity is misplaced.
(d) He is awed by their selfless sacrifice.
4. After Kitty learns of Walter's work and talents, how does she regard him?
(a) She is envious of him.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She is completley indifferent towards his work.
(d) She is disappointed in him.
5. What skill of Walter's does Kitty learn about from the nuns that surprises her?
(a) Walter has an excellent singing voice.
(b) Walter is very fluent in French.
(c) Walter is very good with babies and loves to play with them.
(d) Walter is an excellent cook and helps with meals at the convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner conversation outlined in Chapter 32, what aspect of London does Waddington discuss at length?
2. What job is Kitty given at the convent?
3. What do the Nuns do with infants as soon as they come into the convent?
4. Who is the first person to suppose that Kitty is expecting?
5. How does Kitty regard Waddington's frankness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kitty feel when she realizes she is no longer in love with Charlie?
2. When Kitty asks Waddington about immortality, what is his response?
3. How does Waddington describe Dorothy Townsend?
4. Why doesn't Kitty lie to Walter when he asks her if he is the father of the baby?
5. What are the first emotional hints that Kitty may be pregnant?
6. What one thing does Kitty desire to do for Walter?
7. How does Kitty describe her first impression of Waddington?
8. After Mother Superior agrees to let Kitty work in the convent, what advice does she give her?
9. After visiting the convent what type of relationship does Kitty want with Walter?
10. What does Sister St. Joseph think about Waddington?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)