|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the nuns allow Kitty to see inside the infirmary?
(a) Waddington insists that Kitty shouldn't see it.
(b) Walter has forbidden the nuns from showing it to Kitty.
(c) They are embarrassed by its untidiness.
(d) She thinks the scene is too much for Kitty.
2. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
(a) She tells Kitty of her journey to China.
(b) She recounts when she told her family her decision to become a nun.
(c) She tells Kitty of her first love.
(d) She recounts happy memories from her childhood.
3. What crime is Colonel Yu trying desperately to prevent in Mei-tan-fu?
4. What habit of the Fanes does Waddington find surprising and dangerous?
(a) They house several sick invalids.
(b) The rarely bathe or wash.
(c) They eat fresh salad.
(d) They eat raw meat.
5. What does Walter routinely do after Kitty goes to bed during their stay at Mei-tan-fu?
(a) Return to the infirmary to tend to the sick.
(b) Work in his laboratory.
(c) Listen to music and relax.
(d) Go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother Superior treat Kitty since the discovery of her pregnancy?
2. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
3. Why doesn't Kitty tell Mother Superior about her unhappiness and its cause?
4. What work does Walter quote with his last words?
5. When Kitty discovers she is pregnant, what is her immediate reaction?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)