|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
(a) She tells Kitty of her first love.
(b) She recounts happy memories from her childhood.
(c) She recounts when she told her family her decision to become a nun.
(d) She tells Kitty of her journey to China.
2. What does Kitty think of her first view from her window of the bungalow?
(a) She finds it dreary and depressing.
(b) She finds it breathtakingly beautiful.
(c) She takes no notice of the view and is so depressed she doesn't really register her surroundings.
(d) She finds the view pretty much the same as her view in Hong Kong.
3. Why don't the nuns allow Kitty to see inside the infirmary?
(a) She thinks the scene is too much for Kitty.
(b) They are embarrassed by its untidiness.
(c) Waddington insists that Kitty shouldn't see it.
(d) Walter has forbidden the nuns from showing it to Kitty.
4. What is Waddington's affinity for liquor?
(a) He uses liquor medicinally.
(b) He never drinks and despises liquor.
(c) He loves to drink and is frequently a little drunk.
(d) He enjoys liquor only sparingly.
5. During Kitty and Waddington's first dinner together, what unexpected mutual acquaintance do they discover?
(a) They don't have any mutual acquaintances.
(b) The Governor.
(c) The Curio Shop owner.
(d) Charlie Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister St. Joseph like to discuss with Kitty?
2. After Walter discovers that Kitty is pregnant what does he offer her?
3. What do the nuns give Chinese parents in exchange for babies they would have otherwise abandoned?
4. What type of work does Kitty first offer to do at the convent?
5. What abruptly awakens Kitty during her first night in Mei-tan-fu?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)