Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Colonel Yu trying desperately to prevent in Mei-tan-fu?
2. What abruptly awakens Kitty during her first night in Mei-tan-fu?
(a) The crying of a servant.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) The crow of a bird.
(d) Walter rousing her.
3. As more time passes with Kitty working at the convent, how does she reflect on Charlie's appearance?
(a) She still finds herself attracted to him.
(b) She cannot remember what he looks like.
(c) She finds him unattractive and even repulsive.
(d) She thinks he is handsome, but she is not attracted to him.
4. What does Mother Superior describe as her last sight of France?
(a) A beautiful sunset behind the cityscape.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The golden figure of Saint-Marie la Grace.
(d) Her family waving from the harbor.
5. What startles Kitty when she accompanies Waddington on her first walk outside of the bungalow?
(a) A procession of widows.
(b) A dead peasant.
(c) An abandoned child.
(d) A large water buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the nuns allow Kitty to see inside the infirmary?
2. What does Waddington think of Dorothy?
3. What do the nuns give Chinese parents in exchange for babies they would have otherwise abandoned?
4. How does Kitty regard Waddington's frankness?
5. Where do Waddington and Kitty make an excursion to on a Sunday in Chapter 53?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)