Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
(a) He thinks their devotion to humanity is misplaced.
(b) He is awed by their selfless sacrifice.
(c) He thinks their devotion is a certain kind of madness.
(d) He doesn't find them very devoted.
2. What does Sister St. Joseph like to discuss with Kitty?
(c) The children.
(d) The developments in the cholera epidemic.
3. During dinner conversation outlined in Chapter 32, what aspect of London does Waddington discuss at length?
(a) Political gossip.
(b) The musuems.
(c) The theatre.
(d) The latest war news.
4. When Walter asks Kitty if the baby is his, what is her response?
(a) She refuses to answer.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) She tells him it is his.
(d) She tells him it is Charlie's.
5. What work does Walter quote with his last words?
(a) A verse in St. John in the Bible.
(b) A Chinese proverb.
(c) A Shakespearean sonnet.
(d) Goldsmith's Elegy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to suppose that Kitty is expecting?
2. What vocation does Sister St. Joseph's family do in France?
3. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
4. What job is Kitty given at the convent?
5. What great noise brings Mother Superior to the room when Kitty is watching the children in Chapter 52?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)