|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Dorothy's eyes?
2. What plans do Kitty and Walter have for their evening in Chapter 21?
(a) They are packing for a vacation.
(b) They are dining out with some friends.
(c) They are hosting a dinner party.
(d) They plan to play games with another couple.
3. After Kitty and Charlie are done discussing Walter, what does Charlie do?
(a) He locks the door and stays with Kitty.
(b) He goes for his regular tiffin.
(c) He goes down and pays the curio shop owner.
(d) He rushes out to a business appointment.
4. In Chapter 27, when Kitty returns home what does Kitty tell Walter?
(a) That she is going to accompany him to Mei-tan-fu.
(b) That she is going to file for divorce.
(c) She begs for forgiveness and tells him she loves him.
(d) She does not speak to him and avoids him completely.
5. Where does Kitty meet Charlie for the first time?
(a) In a busy antique store in Hong Kong.
(b) At a government ball.
(c) At a dinner held at his house.
(d) At the dinner party of a mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dress did Kitty wear on the first evening she meets Charlie?
2. Why does Kitty think that Walter will allow a divorce if he was to find out about the affair?
3. How old is Kitty when she becomes engaged?
4. Once he knows fully of Walter's ultimatum, what does Charlie think of Walter's offer?
5. When Kitty calls Charlie at the end of Chapter 5, what does he advise her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical feature of Mrs.Garstin does Kitty find most disconcerting and why?
2. Why does Kitty feel her social position is lower in Hong Kong than it was at home in England?
3. Why is Mr.Garstin reluctant to take silk and become a K.C.?
4. After noting Charlie's response to Walter's ultimatum, what does she come to see was Walter's motivation in making it?
5. Describe Charlie Townsend and why Kitty is initially attracted to him when she meets him at the social function.
6. What two physical attributes are described of Doris in Chapter 8?
7. What does Walter find humorous about Kitty's plan to marry Charlie upon her divorce from himself?
8. Once they are married, what daily habits does Walter display that shows his affection for Kitty?
9. When Walter first tells Kitty about going to Mei-tan-fu, what reasons does she give for not wanting to accompany him?
10. In Chapter 1, what tools does Charlie use to reassure Kitty and why are they effective?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)