|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being married for some time, how does Kitty feel towards Walter?
(a) She is constantly angry with him.
(b) She is deeply in love with him.
(c) She finds him amusing and has a platonic affection for him.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
2. What color are Dorothy's eyes?
3. What plans do Kitty and Walter have for their evening in Chapter 21?
(a) They are hosting a dinner party.
(b) They are dining out with some friends.
(c) They plan to play games with another couple.
(d) They are packing for a vacation.
4. After dinner what excuse does Walter give to leave Kitty alone?
(a) He says he has an engagement at his men's club and leaves the house.
(b) He says he has a headache and goes to take a bath.
(c) He says he is tired and goes to bed.
(d) He says he has work to do.
5. What instrument does Charlie play?
(a) The harp.
(b) He does not play an instrument.
(c) The piano.
(d) The violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relevance does Charlie feel that love has to marriage?
2. What does Charlie give as his number one reason for "hushing up" their affair?
3. When Kitty calls Charlie at the end of Chapter 5, what does he advise her?
4. Why does Walter have difficulty sleeping when he is subpoenaed for court?
5. What causes Kitty to marry Walter Fane in a panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Walter find humorous about Kitty's plan to marry Charlie upon her divorce from himself?
2. What two physical attributes are described of Doris in Chapter 8?
3. How does Kitty's love for Charlie initially change her perception of Walter?
4. When Kitty tells Charlie about Walter's ultimatum, what is his response?
5. Why is Mr.Garstin reluctant to take silk and become a K.C.?
6. What physical feature of Mrs.Garstin does Kitty find most disconcerting and why?
7. When Walter returns home, what clues lead Kitty to believe he knows about her affair?
8. How does Kitty describe Walter's appearance in Chapter 10?
9. Why does Kitty claim to not care if Walter does "kick up a row" about her affair with Charlie?
10. Walter claims he knew that Kitty had no feelings for him when they married, why did he still want to marry her?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)