Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Colonel Yu trying desperately to prevent in Mei-tan-fu?
2. What abruptly awakens Kitty during her first night in Mei-tan-fu?
(a) The crying of a servant.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) The crow of a bird.
(d) Walter rousing her.
3. As more time passes with Kitty working at the convent, how does she reflect on Charlie's appearance?
(a) She still finds herself attracted to him.
(b) She cannot remember what he looks like.
(c) She finds him unattractive and even repulsive.
(d) She thinks he is handsome, but she is not attracted to him.
4. What does Mother Superior describe as her last sight of France?
(a) A beautiful sunset behind the cityscape.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The golden figure of Saint-Marie la Grace.
(d) Her family waving from the harbor.
5. What startles Kitty when she accompanies Waddington on her first walk outside of the bungalow?
(a) A procession of widows.
(b) A dead peasant.
(c) An abandoned child.
(d) A large water buffalo.
6. Why don't the nuns allow Kitty to see inside the infirmary?
(a) She thinks the scene is too much for Kitty.
(b) They are embarrassed by its untidiness.
(c) Waddington insists that Kitty shouldn't see it.
(d) Walter has forbidden the nuns from showing it to Kitty.
7. What does Waddington think of Dorothy?
(a) He thinks she's well-bred and able.
(b) He thinks she's extremely beautiful.
(c) He thinks she's very flirtatious.
(d) He thinks she's cold and unfeeling.
8. What do the nuns give Chinese parents in exchange for babies they would have otherwise abandoned?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A small amount of cash.
(c) A supply of fruit and vegetables.
(d) Medicine to ward against cholera.
9. How does Kitty regard Waddington's frankness?
(a) She finds it refreshing.
(b) His frankness makes her self-conscious.
(c) She doesn't notice it.
(d) She is annoyed by it.
10. Where do Waddington and Kitty make an excursion to on a Sunday in Chapter 53?
(a) A beautiful waterful.
(b) A Buddhist monastery.
(c) A neighboring city.
(d) To visit a new British family from Hong Kong.
11. What habit of the Fanes does Waddington find surprising and dangerous?
(a) The rarely bathe or wash.
(b) They house several sick invalids.
(c) They eat raw meat.
(d) They eat fresh salad.
12. When Walter asks Kitty if the baby is his, what is her response?
(a) She refuses to answer.
(b) She tells him it is Charlie's.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She tells him it is his.
13. Where is Walter buried?
(a) He is cremated.
(b) His body is interred in Hong Kong.
(c) His body is sent back to England.
(d) In a Mei-tan-fu cemetery.
14. When Kitty asks Walter if he despises her in Chapter 47, what is his response?
(a) He tells her he despises himself and her.
(b) He tells her he doesn't know how he feels about her.
(c) He tells her he loves her and always will.
(d) He tells her he despises himself.
15. What two skills does Kitty possess that are valuable in helping at the convent?
(a) She cooks well and sews beautifully.
(b) She sings and is good at math.
(c) She is good at playing cards and mixing drinks.
(d) She has a good knowledge of medicine and how to dress wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Waddington live with?
2. What about Walter's appearance, as described in Chapter 56, shocks Kitty during their conversation?
3. Who is the first person Kitty meets when she reaches her new home in Mei-tan-fu?
4. What is Waddington's affinity for liquor?
5. Why does Mother Superior hesitate to allow Kitty to work in the convent?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)