|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 through 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people die each day in Mei-tan-fu from the cholera?
2. What great noise brings Mother Superior to the room when Kitty is watching the children in Chapter 52?
(a) The children break a piece of furniture.
(b) The children are singing a song Kitty is teaching them.
(c) A child is howling in pain.
(d) Kitty is playing a boisterous game with them.
3. During dinner, what compliment does Charlie pay Walter?
(a) He says Walter is a great reader.
(b) He says Walter is extremely funny.
(c) He says Walter is an excellent bridge player.
(d) He says Walter is very conscientious about his work.
4. What do the children at the convent think of Kitty?
(a) The like to watch her, but are too nervous to get close to her.
(b) They are afraid of her pale skin.
(c) They are upset at her intrusion and ignore her presence.
(d) They like her and come to her with concerns.
5. What about Walter's appearance, as described in Chapter 56, shocks Kitty during their conversation?
(a) She notices he is very thin and sickly.
(b) He is wearing Chinese peasant clothing.
(c) He is very dirty and unclean.
(d) She notices his hair has turned gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Charlie?
2. What do the Nuns do with infants as soon as they come into the convent?
3. How does Mrs. Garstin feel towards Mr. Garstin?
4. After Kitty and Charlie consummate their affair, how does she feel?
5. What does Sister St. Joseph like to discuss with Kitty?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)