|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70 through 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Missionary who was the previous occupant of the bungalow?
(a) He feel in love with a Chinese woman and left the province with her.
(b) He died.
(c) He caught cholera and returned to England for treatment.
(d) He was given another post in a neighboring village.
2. How does Mrs. Garstin feel towards Mr. Garstin?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She feels a platonic friendship for him.
3. How do the nuns regard Kitty's pregnancy?
(a) They feel her pregnancy is a sin.
(b) They find her pregnancy an inconvenience.
(c) They are curious and excited.
(d) They are indifferent to her pregnancy.
4. What talent makes Mrs. Garstin a valuable dinner guest?
(a) She is quiet and unassuming.
(b) She is an expert at small talk.
(c) She is good at settling disagreements.
(d) She has a beautiful singing voice to entertain.
5. What is the first thing to startle Kitty in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) She heard a commotion outside.
(b) She hears someone calling for her.
(c) Someone tries to open the door to the room she is in.
(d) A breeze through the open window gives her a shudder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlie questions Kitty on the parentage of the baby, what is her response?
2. As Kitty spends more time with the nuns, how does she feel about the Catholic faith?
3. What vocation does Sister St. Joseph's family do in France?
4. What about Walter's appearance, as described in Chapter 56, shocks Kitty during their conversation?
5. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)