|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She is too nervous to go to his office.
(b) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(c) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(d) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
2. What startles the servants accompanying Kitty on the road to Mei-tan-fu?
(a) The distant shriek of a large animal.
(b) A little boy crying for his mother.
(c) Four peasants bearing a coffin.
(d) A snake across the roadway.
3. What relevance does Charlie feel that love has to marriage?
(a) He believes all marriages are built on love.
(b) He believes one can be in love with a woman without wishing to spend his life with her.
(c) He believes you can only truly love your spouse.
(d) He believes marriage is strictly a business arrangement and love is not involved.
4. What plans do Kitty and Walter have for their evening in Chapter 21?
(a) They are dining out with some friends.
(b) They are hosting a dinner party.
(c) They plan to play games with another couple.
(d) They are packing for a vacation.
5. What is Waddington's affinity for liquor?
(a) He enjoys liquor only sparingly.
(b) He uses liquor medicinally.
(c) He loves to drink and is frequently a little drunk.
(d) He never drinks and despises liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie think disturbed him and Kitty during their rendezvous in Chapter 1?
2. How old is Doris when she becomes engaged?
3. What position did Dorothy's father hold in Hong Kong?
4. When Kitty catches Walter's glance through the course of the meal, what expression does she see in his eyes?
5. What one nightly tradition does Walter neglect the night before Kitty meets Charlie in Chapter 20?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)