|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Walter found out about Kitty and Charlie, why didn't he break into the room and fight Charlie?
(a) He wasn't sure exactly at that time Charlie was with Kitty.
(b) Walter likes Charlie.
(c) He was afraid Charlie would beat him up.
(d) Walter says he was too proud to fight.
2. What is Kitty's first impression of Sister St. Joseph's demeanor?
(a) She seems distracted and unintelligent.
(b) She is easy-going and very good-humoured.
(c) She is extremely pious and grave.
(d) She is very rude.
3. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(b) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(c) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
(d) She is too nervous to go to his office.
4. After Kitty appears so radiant (shortly after commencing her affair with Charlie), what do her friends assume?
(a) That she has begun an illicit affair.
(b) That she has discovered an Asian beauty secret.
(c) That she and Walter are more in love than ever.
(d) That she is expecting a baby.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Kitty find out that Walter has been home?
(a) A neighbor tells her.
(b) She sees his gloves on the entry table.
(c) The servant boy tells her.
(d) Walter tells her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relevance does Charlie feel that love has to marriage?
2. After Kitty and Charlie consummate their affair, how does she feel?
3. Why does Kitty refuse so many proposals?
4. How does Kitty regard Waddington's frankness?
5. What reason does Walter give for despising himself in Chapter 47?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)