|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after her marriage does Kitty realize she's made a mistake?
(a) She doesn't think she made a mistake.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
2. How does Kitty feel when she sees Walter and realizes he knows of the affair?
(a) She is nervous and feels ill.
(b) She is happy and relieved.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is angry and confrontational.
3. Once he knows fully of Walter's ultimatum, what does Charlie think of Walter's offer?
(a) He has no opinion on the ultimatum.
(b) He thinks Walter made it strictly for professional reasons.
(c) He thinks it is callous and cruel.
(d) He thinks it is very generous.
4. Before Walter specialized as a bacteriologist, what did he do for his vocation?
(a) He was a researcher who specialized in soil properties.
(b) He was an M.D. who did general work in a hospital.
(c) He was a professor of medicine.
(d) He was a translator who worked in a hospital.
5. Why do Walter and Kitty plan their wedding so quickly?
(a) Walter has to return to China in the fall.
(b) Kitty is afraid he'll change his mind.
(c) They are madly in love and don't want to wait.
(d) Mrs. Garstin forces them to marry before it gets too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
2. Who does Charlie think disturbed him and Kitty during their rendezvous in Chapter 1?
3. What is Walter's occupation?
4. What determines Kitty's social position in Hong Kong?
5. What does Charlie think is the best way to understand a man?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)