|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(b) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(c) She is too nervous to go to his office.
(d) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
2. Where do Charlie and Kitty usually meet?
(a) The house of a curio dealer.
(b) Charlie's office.
(c) The cottage of a friend.
(d) A rented hotel room above a cafe.
3. How does Charlie describe his feelings for Dorothy?
(a) They are completely indifferent to each other.
(b) They are excellent friends.
(c) They are happily in love.
(d) They quarrel constantly.
4. Before Walter specialized as a bacteriologist, what did he do for his vocation?
(a) He was a professor of medicine.
(b) He was an M.D. who did general work in a hospital.
(c) He was a researcher who specialized in soil properties.
(d) He was a translator who worked in a hospital.
5. What is the name of the current Colonial Secretary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Walter like to answer questions about himself?
2. Why doesn't Kitty like Charlie's wife's name?
3. Who does Kitty initially blame for her mistake in marriage?
4. When Kitty is ill, how does Walter treat her?
5. What does Charlie think is the best way to understand a man?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)