|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kitty initially surprised by Walter's proposal of marriage?
(a) Walter had not asked permission of her father.
(b) She was unaware that Walter was in love with her.
(c) They didn't know each other well.
(d) Walter had mentioned he did not wish to marry.
2. How old is Doris when she becomes engaged?
3. Where does Walter propose to Kitty?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In her sitting room.
(c) At a social dance.
(d) The park.
4. In Hong Kong, why is Kitty vague about Walter's job to others?
(a) Walter has told her not to tell people about his work.
(b) She feels it is an unimportant detail.
(c) She feels his job is not very significant or important.
(d) She doesn't know exactly what he does.
5. After Kitty and Charlie are done discussing Walter, what does Charlie do?
(a) He locks the door and stays with Kitty.
(b) He rushes out to a business appointment.
(c) He goes for his regular tiffin.
(d) He goes down and pays the curio shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kitty initially blame for her mistake in marriage?
2. How soon after her marriage does Kitty realize she's made a mistake?
3. Who does Charlie think disturbed him and Kitty during their rendezvous in Chapter 1?
4. How old is Kitty when she becomes engaged?
5. What talent makes Mrs. Garstin a valuable dinner guest?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)