|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Kitty to marry Walter Fane in a panic?
(a) She has a nightmare of becoming an old maid.
(b) She falls in love with him and realizes he is leaving the country.
(c) Her mother threatens to disown her.
(d) Her younger sister becomes engaged.
2. When Kitty is ill, how does Walter treat her?
(a) He is impatient with her.
(b) He ignores her illness and treats her like normal.
(c) He leaves the house in fear of getting ill himself.
(d) He attends to her every need very kindly.
3. What piece of furniture does Kitty sit on throughout her discussion with Charlie at the curio shop?
(a) The floor.
(b) A bed.
(c) A sandalwood chest.
(d) An antique divan.
4. What does Kitty think of Walter's dancing ability?
(a) She doesn't know as he refuses to dance with her.
(b) She thinks he is a terrible dancer.
(c) She thinks he is the best dancer she had ever partnered.
(d) She thinks he is a fair, but undistinguished dancer.
5. What does Charlie think that Walter would do if he found out about the affair going on between himself and Kitty?
(a) Divorce Kitty.
(b) Alert Charlie's spouse.
(c) Do nothing or ignore it.
(d) Try to get Charlie fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty think that Walter will allow a divorce if he was to find out about the affair?
2. What talent makes Mrs. Garstin a valuable dinner guest?
3. Why does Walter tell Kitty he wants her to accompany him to Mei-tan-fu?
4. Why is Kitty initially surprised by Walter's proposal of marriage?
5. How many children do Charlie and Dorothy have?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)