|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 through 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Charlie and Dorothy have?
2. What type of books does Walter like to read?
(a) Mystery stories.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Poetry and contemporary literature.
(d) Historical works and books about China.
3. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
(b) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(c) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(d) She is too nervous to go to his office.
4. After dinner what excuse does Walter give to leave Kitty alone?
(a) He says he has an engagement at his men's club and leaves the house.
(b) He says he is tired and goes to bed.
(c) He says he has work to do.
(d) He says he has a headache and goes to take a bath.
5. What does Kitty think of Walter's dancing ability?
(a) She thinks he is a terrible dancer.
(b) She thinks he is the best dancer she had ever partnered.
(c) She doesn't know as he refuses to dance with her.
(d) She thinks he is a fair, but undistinguished dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter threaten to do if Kitty will not accompany him to Mei-tan-fu?
2. What color are Dorothy's eyes?
3. What one nightly tradition does Walter neglect the night before Kitty meets Charlie in Chapter 20?
4. What relevance does Charlie feel that love has to marriage?
5. In Chapter 5, upon returning to the sitting room, what does Kitty see?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)