|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58 through 69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Charlie regularly pay Dorothy?
(a) She has marvelous fashion sense.
(b) She is a wonderful hostess.
(c) She is extremely attractive.
(d) She is a wonderful mother.
2. What happened to the Missionary who was the previous occupant of the bungalow?
(a) He was given another post in a neighboring village.
(b) He caught cholera and returned to England for treatment.
(c) He feel in love with a Chinese woman and left the province with her.
(d) He died.
3. Who recited a Protestant burial service for Walter?
(b) Mother Superior.
(d) Colonel Yu.
4. What is the name of Doris' fiance?
(a) Geoffrey Dennison.
(b) Walter Fane.
(c) William Foster.
(d) Bernard Garstin.
5. What do the nuns give Chinese parents in exchange for babies they would have otherwise abandoned?
(a) A small amount of cash.
(b) Medicine to ward against cholera.
(c) A supply of fruit and vegetables.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Colonel Yu trying desperately to prevent in Mei-tan-fu?
2. After Kitty and Charlie consummate their affair, how does she feel?
3. Why do Walter and Kitty plan their wedding so quickly?
4. What is the area called where Kitty's house is?
5. How soon after her marriage does Kitty realize she's made a mistake?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)