|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58 through 69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese surgeon think that Walter contracted cholera?
(a) From spending so much time with the sick.
(b) From experimenting on himself.
(c) From drinking unsanitary water.
(d) From eating salad.
2. What two skills does Kitty possess that are valuable in helping at the convent?
(a) She has a good knowledge of medicine and how to dress wounds.
(b) She sings and is good at math.
(c) She cooks well and sews beautifully.
(d) She is good at playing cards and mixing drinks.
3. What was Mother Superior's first name before she became a nun?
(a) Kitty doesn't know.
4. What reason does Walter give for despising himself in Chapter 47?
(a) He despises himself for wanting Kitty to die.
(b) He despises his previous love for Kitty.
(c) He despises his inadequacies in helping the sick.
(d) He despises his shyness.
5. In Hong Kong, why is Kitty vague about Walter's job to others?
(a) She feels his job is not very significant or important.
(b) She doesn't know exactly what he does.
(c) She feels it is an unimportant detail.
(d) Walter has told her not to tell people about his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Walter tell Kitty he wants her to accompany him to Mei-tan-fu?
2. How do the older Chinese orphan girls spend their time at the convent?
3. What experience does Mother Superior recount to Kitty in Chapter 60?
4. How does Mrs. Garstin feel towards Mr. Garstin?
5. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)