|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58 through 69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recited a Protestant burial service for Walter?
(a) Mother Superior.
(b) Colonel Yu.
2. What hygiene tip does Charlie give Kitty to help avoid cholera?
(a) He tells her to bathe daily and sleep with a mosquito net.
(b) He tells to apply lavendar oil to her skin twice daily.
(c) He tells her to eat plenty of fresh vegetables, as long as they've been properly cleaned.
(d) He tells her to boil her drinking water and not eat any raw foods.
3. Why does Walter tell Kitty he wants her to accompany him to Mei-tan-fu?
(a) He thinks she'll find it very relaxing.
(b) He says she will get to see him work firsthand.
(c) He thinks she'll be a good work assistant.
(d) He says she will comfort and cheer him.
4. What is the name of Doris' fiance?
(a) Walter Fane.
(b) William Foster.
(c) Geoffrey Dennison.
(d) Bernard Garstin.
5. What French delicacy does Mother Superior serve Kitty during tea?
(a) A type of French goat cheese.
(b) French crepes.
(c) French cakes called Madeleines.
(d) French bread called baquettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Garstin's impression of Walter after talking with him for some time?
2. After being startled in Chapter 1, what item does Charlie give Kitty?
3. What instrument does Charlie play?
4. Why doesn't Kitty converse with Sister St. Joseph on her first visit to the convent?
5. What causes Kitty to marry Walter Fane in a panic?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)