|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58 through 69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Walter have, as described in Chapter 62?
(a) He was wounded in an accident.
(b) The cholera.
(c) He isn't ill, just guilt-ridden.
(d) Food poisoning.
2. What was Mother Superior's first name before she became a nun?
(b) Kitty doesn't know.
3. What work does Walter quote with his last words?
(a) Goldsmith's Elegy.
(b) A Chinese proverb.
(c) A verse in St. John in the Bible.
(d) A Shakespearean sonnet.
4. As Kitty spends more time with the nuns, how does she feel about the Catholic faith?
(a) She begins to adopt Catholic beliefs and wishes to be baptized.
(b) She is disgusted by Catholic beliefs.
(c) She feels too unworthy to become a Catholic.
(d) She admires the nuns, but does not share their beliefs.
5. What abruptly awakens Kitty during her first night in Mei-tan-fu?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) Walter rousing her.
(c) The crow of a bird.
(d) The crying of a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Walter join in singing with others at a party?
2. When Walter found out about Kitty and Charlie, why didn't he break into the room and fight Charlie?
3. What plans do Kitty and Walter have for their evening in Chapter 21?
4. During Kitty and Walter's journey, how does Walter spend each evening?
5. What hygiene tip does Charlie give Kitty to help avoid cholera?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)