|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frequency?
2. What type of input uses an analog-digital converter?
3. What is essential for running an autopilot program?
4. Why can a dog hear a dog whistle that humans cannot?
5. What charge do untouched electrons carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some frequencies of electromagnetic wavers appear to our eyes? Which waves can we not see?
2. How is static electricity formed?
3. What topic does Part 5 cover?
4. Briefly discuss the three ways musical instruments create waves.
5. What makes it possible to use waves to communicate? How is this done?
6. What are bar codes?
7. Define the two types of waves that are discussed.
8. Explain how electromagnets keep machines running.
9. What is current electricity? What is required to generate it?
10. What are electrons? What does their movement create?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1) Describe the effect of heat upon molecules and give an example.
2) What are the three ways heat travels?
3) Define thermal radiation.
4) Define conduction and give at least one example of it.
5) Define convection and give at least one example of it.
6) Discuss the rays which the sun emits. What happens when the rays reach an object?
Essay Topic 2
Nuclear Power is introduced as a concrete woolly mammoth anonymously left at the town gates. The story is a clear parallel to the Trojan Horse. Discuss the following:
1) Research and relate the story of the Trojan Horse.
2) What do you think is the connection between nuclear power and the Trojan horse?
3) Do you think the author is right in suggesting this connection? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1) Define the Principle of Action and Reaction and the Principle of Suction.
2) How is the Principle of Action and Reaction related to a propeller? Explain with examples.
3) How is the principle of suction related to propellers? Explain with examples.
4) How does a sailboat use the principle of suction? How does a sailboat with two triangular sails differ from a sailboat with only one triangular sail with regards to the principle of suction?
5) Do you think the principle of suction applies to using a straw to drink? Explain your response.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)