|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is essential for running an autopilot program?
2. What number represents on in binary code?
3. What causes electrons to move?
4. What is one step in creating liquid crystal displays?
5. What is white light?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the input?
2. How is static electricity formed?
3. Describe some types of memory.
4. What are sensors and detectors? What do they measure?
5. What are the effects of electrons on the move?
6. How is magnetism caused?
7. Discuss the two types of lens, concave and convex.
8. Describe how the author illustrates a chemical reaction.
9. How do some frequencies of electromagnetic wavers appear to our eyes? Which waves can we not see?
10. What are analog quantities and how are its levels described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nuclear Power is introduced as a concrete woolly mammoth anonymously left at the town gates. The story is a clear parallel to the Trojan Horse. Discuss the following:
1) Research and relate the story of the Trojan Horse.
2) What do you think is the connection between nuclear power and the Trojan horse?
3) Do you think the author is right in suggesting this connection? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1) How do gears work? Why would you add a belt to a gear? Explain the different ways two gears can work.
2) What is the effect of speed on gears? What about size?
3) Define the four different types of gears and their purposes.
4) Research the history of gears. When were they invented? By whom? Where? How were the first gears made? How are they made today? What materials have they used to make gears in the past? In the present? Are gears still an important tool today?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1) Define the property of precession. How is precession related to wheels. How does precession help a rolling wheel stay upright? How does the rotating speed of a wheel affect precession?
2) What is inertia? How is it related to wheels? How does the weight of an object affect inertia? What does inertia resist? How does this resistance affect the movement of a wheel?
3) What is centrifugal force? How is the property of centrifugal force important ina clothes dryer?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)