|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Digital Domain and The Last Mammoth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the effects of electricity?
(a) Only magnetism.
(b) Heat, light, and magnetism.
(c) It depends on the amperage.
(d) Only light.
2. If you put a copper wire and a zinc wire into a lemon, what occurs?
(a) A chemical reaction.
(b) A fusing of the zinc to the lemon.
(c) A fusing of the copper to the lemon.
(d) A bonding of the zinc to the copper.
3. What is the meaning of RAM?
(a) Read Accessible Motion.
(b) Random Acts of Motion.
(c) Random Access Memory.
(d) Radar Accessible Memory.
4. How does a wedge move an object up an inclined plane?
(a) It lowers the plane so the object slides.
(b) It forces the object to reduce the effects of gravity.
(c) It uses the effect of gravity.
(d) It doesn't ; the wedge moves the plane itself to raise an object.
5. What does the Mechanics of Movement explore?
(a) How the movement of anything can be either a net gain or net loss of energy.
(b) How the conservation of energy plays into movement, force, and effort.
(c) How pulleys ultimately lose energy that can never be regained.
(d) How pulleys can create energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cold water denser than warm water?
2. In the illustration of binary code, what represents the "off" number?
3. Where are the stacked crates taken in an illustration in Chapter 4?
4. What is the absence of any light?
5. What does the acronym SONAR stand for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)