|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Digital Domain and The Last Mammoth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do sound waves do to molecules?
(a) Cause them to implode.
(b) Skirt around them.
(c) Pass a vibration through them.
(d) Cause them to explode.
2. How can information in binary code be communicated?
(a) Electrical pulses.
(b) Light waves.
(c) Morse code.
(d) It cannot be communicated.
3. Why does a thermos lose heat?
(a) The argon absorbs the heat.
(b) The molecules eventually slow down.
(c) The heat can travel through the stopper.
(d) The oxygen absorbs the heat.
4. What occurs when very small atoms smash together?
(a) Nuclear inertia.
(b) Nuclear clarification.
(c) Nuclear fission.
(d) Nuclear fusion.
5. When a magnetic field flows from a magnet into metal what is pulled together?
(a) The metal and the current.
(b) The metal and magnet.
(d) The magnet and the current.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are different level marks for different types of water on the side of a ship called?
2. What is another type of wedge the author mentions?
3. If you put a copper wire and a zinc wire into a lemon, what occurs?
4. What controls the movement in a gear system?
5. How many different ways can waves be created by instruments?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)