|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Digital Domain and The Last Mammoth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the illustration of binary code, what represents the "on" number?
(a) A lemon in a crate.
(b) A pumpkin in a crate.
(c) A basketball in a crate.
(d) An empty crate.
2. What imparts movement into the air or water around them on a ship?
3. What happens when you exert your strength across a longer distance?
(a) Your effort is reduced, and your lesser strength becomes sufficient.
(b) Nothing happens. It is all balanced by the decreased work required.
(c) Your effort is reduced so you can take advantage of your greater strength.
(d) Your effort is reduced, but your strength has to be increased.
4. What happens when molecules are squeezed or stretched beyond the boundaries of their comfortable balance?
(a) The molecules dissipate into individual atoms that can be lost or destroyed.
(b) The molecules are driven to remain unbalanced.
(c) They remain in an uneasy balance.
(d) The molecules are driven to return to that balance.
5. What happens when an object is placed in water?
(a) The water molecules push against the object.
(b) The object absorbs the water's atoms.
(c) The water is repelled by the electrical force of the object.
(d) The object sinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what numbers are codes in a binary system built?
2. What does the frequency of sound waves create?
3. What principle is in use as a propeller pushes the water back and as that same water which has been pushed back rolls forward again and hits the propeller?
4. What happens when visible rays cross the lens of our eye and are bent through the convex surface?
5. What does a convex lens do?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)