|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes increased heat in the process of conduction?
(a) Electronic transfers.
(c) Increased movement.
2. What is a first-class lever?
(a) Where there is no load needed for the effort.
(b) Where the distance is further from the fulcrum than the effort.
(c) Where the effort and the load are equal distances from the fulcrum.
(d) Where the effort is a greater distance from the fulcrum than the load.
3. What is one thing an electrical current can measure?
(d) Particles in the air.
4. Under what situation does the eye perceive a reflection of light?
(a) In looking at a solid.
(b) When the convex lens is distorted.
(c) When the concave lens is distorted.
(d) When the retina has no rods or cones.
5. What is one example the author uses of a wedge?
(a) An escalator.
(b) A block and tackle system.
(c) A ship's ramp.
(d) A type of door stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frequency?
2. What is a substance that contains only one type of atom?
3. How does a wedge move an object up an inclined plane?
4. What contains one element which is the detonator and another reactive element which acts as the propellant?
5. What are two things a sail can do for a craft?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)