|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if the force of upthrust is equal to the weight of an object in water?
(a) The object sinks.
(b) The object floats.
(c) The object moves across the surface of the water.
(d) The object projects out of the water.
2. What turns the crankshaft in an internal combustion engine?
3. What two elements combine to make a body scanner?
(a) Magnetic fields and sound waves.
(b) Radio waves and magnetic fields.
(c) Magnetic fields and light waves.
(d) Sound waves and radio waves.
4. What is an example of a second-class lever?
(a) A nutcracker.
(b) A clock.
(c) An engine block system.
(d) A crane.
5. How is magnetism created?
(a) By moving electrons.
(b) By all positive electrons.
(c) By all negative electrons.
(d) By rubbing together zinc tablets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge do untouched electrons carry?
2. Under normal circumstances, what force(s) does a molecule possess?
3. What is another term for electromagnetic waves?
4. How do mirrors reflect an image?
5. What is the principle behind the action of any machine?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)