|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is convection?
(a) When heat causes wind.
(b) When heat increases velocity.
(c) Heat moving from a liquid or gas molecule to another.
(d) The way a molecule radiates heat.
2. What is the effort you put in combined with the distance over which the effort is done?
(b) Mendal's law.
3. Where is steam still used?
(a) In thermal power stations.
(b) In water plants.
(c) In some internal combustion engines.
(d) In industrial engines.
4. What is the principle behind the action of any machine?
(a) The conservation of energy.
(b) The amount of energy it saves.
(c) The type of energy it takes to make the machine work.
(d) The amount of energy it expends.
5. Where are wheels and axles found?
(a) Wherever there is rotary motion.
(b) Just on cars and bikes.
(c) On all pulley systems.
(d) Where a spoke and center come together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a magnetic field flows from a magnet into metal?
2. What is it called when filters block out all the rays except ones vibrating in a chosen field?
3. Why does a thermos lose heat?
4. As the frequency speed increases, what happens to the pitch?
5. What urges do molecules possess?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)