|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one example the author uses of a wedge?
(a) A ship's ramp.
(b) A block and tackle system.
(c) An escalator.
(d) A type of door stop.
2. What are the effects of electricity?
(a) Heat, light, and magnetism.
(b) It depends on the amperage.
(c) Only magnetism.
(d) Only light.
3. What is a wheel and rod attacked by a hinge?
(a) A worm.
(b) A crank.
(c) A prank.
(d) A spur.
4. What principle is in use as a propeller pushes the water back and as that same water which has been pushed back rolls forward again and hits the propeller?
(a) The Principle of Gravity.
(b) The Principle of Push and Thrust.
(c) The Principle of Force and Inertia.
(d) The Principle of Action and Reaction.
5. What forms a molecule?
(a) Six or less atoms.
(b) Two or more atoms.
(c) One or more atoms.
(d) Five or more atoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if the force of upthrust is equal to the weight of an object in water?
2. In how many elements did the Greek believe?
3. What is the density of salt water compared to fresh water?
4. What is one type of ray that human eyes cannot perceive?
5. In which direction do electrons always travel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)