|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is applied to a lever to make it move?
(a) Gravitational pull.
2. What is the formula for work done?
(a) Effort times gravitational force.
(b) Distance plus effort.
(c) Effort multiplied by distance.
(d) Distance divided by strength.
3. How many ways can heat travel?
4. What is an example of a second-class lever?
(a) A clock.
(b) An engine block system.
(c) A crane.
(d) A nutcracker.
5. Upon how many major principles do propellers and rudders work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do machines that keep something cool do to heat?
2. Why does a thermos lose heat?
3. What controls the movement in a gear system?
4. What are two things that can happen to light rays?
5. What does one have to understand in order to understand the way things work?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)