|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs when very small atoms smash together?
(a) Nuclear fusion.
(b) Nuclear inertia.
(c) Nuclear fission.
(d) Nuclear clarification.
2. What do the double walls of a thermos enclose?
(d) A vacuum.
3. How does heat travel through heating elements?
(b) In groups of molecules.
(c) Conduction and convection.
(d) Through inertia.
4. What is the main idea in Part 2 of the book?
(a) The way work can cause energy to dissipate.
(b) The way force can be exerted to change atomic structure.
(c) Exploring the bonds of attraction and the movement of molecules to and from each other.
(d) The way atoms can be made more dense.
5. What controls the movement in a gear system?
(a) The size of the belt.
(b) The inertia needed to be overcome.
(c) The rotation of the gear.
(d) The size of the gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cold water denser than warm water?
2. Under normal circumstances, what force(s) does a molecule possess?
3. What is electricity flowing through a wire?
4. What forms a molecule?
5. What is the factor which determines an object's ability to float?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)