|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is applied to a lever to make it move?
(a) Gravitational pull.
2. What is an absence of substance?
(b) Outer space.
(c) A vacuum.
3. What is the principle that states energy is neither created nor destroyed?
(a) The principle of energy change.
(b) The principle of energy loss.
(c) The principle of energy gain.
(d) The principle of the conservation of energy.
4. What is the most common form of inclined plane found in machines?
(a) The rocker.
(b) The pully.
(c) The rods.
(d) The wedge.
5. What is one example the author uses of a wedge?
(a) An escalator.
(b) A ship's ramp.
(c) A block and tackle system.
(d) A type of door stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a ship vary in density?
2. What controls the movement in a gear system?
3. What does one have to understand in order to understand the way things work?
4. What is a fulcrum?
5. How does a zipper operate?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)