|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fulcrum?
(a) A point at which inertia is overcome.
(b) A special sort of wedge.
(c) A formula for determining energy needed to do work.
(d) A pivot point.
2. What is the result of a collision of molecules which break on impact forming new and different molecules?
3. What causes increased heat in the process of conduction?
(c) Increased movement.
(d) Electronic transfers.
4. How many types of gears are there?
5. What is an object's weight divided by its volume?
(a) An object's elemental number.
(b) The object's constant mass.
(c) The object's ability to exert force.
(d) An object's density.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional tasks can a boat with two triangular sails do?
2. What is one component of a lever?
3. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
4. What is the formula for work done?
5. How does a zipper operate?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)