|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of getting water bottles and handing them out to all the Gladers as they prepare for their journey in Chapter Fifty-Three?
2. What does Thomas hear Teresa saying in his head as he falls asleep in the end of Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Do not fear the Grievers.
(b) Tom, I just triggered the Ending.
(c) There is no escape. The end is coming.
(d) The Maze is a code.
3. What words are written over the red button in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
(a) FEAR THE GRIEVERS.
(b) DO NOT PUSH.
(c) FOR HELP.
(d) KILL THE MAZE.
4. What immediate sensation does Thomas feel upon jumping into the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
5. Minho tells Thomas before they return to the Glade in Chapter Forty-Four, "I think the Creators want us to know there's" what?
(a) An exit this way.
(b) No home to return to.
(c) No reason to fear the Grievers.
(d) No way out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are set to be the backups to enter the code if something should happen to Thomas and Teresa?
2. Who coined the phrase "Survival of the Fittest" after reading Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species?
3. How many of the Gladers does the woman rescuer show to their dorm rooms when the bus stops in Chapter Sixty-One?
4. Who gives the most effective pep talk to the Gladers as they enter the Maze in Chapter Fifty-Four?
5. Who does Thomas say the Creators named him after in Chapter Forty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What document comprises the Epilogue of The Maze Runner? Who is the author of this document?
2. How does Thomas go about enacting his plan to be stung by a Griever in Chapter Forty-Six?
3. How does Thomas describe the histories of himself and the other Gladers after his Changing in Chapter Forty-Nine?
4. What actions does Thomas commit in order to reach the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Six? How is he supported by the Gladers?
5. What do Thomas and the other Gladers encounter when they exit the Maze in Chapter Fifty-Nine? Who greets them?
6. What does Thomas encounter once he enters the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
7. What does Thomas demand in exchange for sharing his theory in Chapter Forty-One?
8. How is Thomas's first journey into the Maze as a Runner described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
9. What decision does Newt say the Keepers have reached in Chapter Fifty-Three? What preparations are made?
10. What information does Thomas learn from Teresa when they first officially meet in Chapter Thirty-Six?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)