|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed trying to protect Thomas from a knife in Chapter Fifty-Nine?
2. Who does Teresa say she kicked in the groin in Chapter Thirty-Six?
3. What is the name of the Chancelor that has written the memo in the Epilogue?
(a) Ava Paige.
(b) Marie Schultz.
(c) Veronica Wilson.
(d) Amelia Smith.
4. What word is written on the breast pocket of the woman's shirt that enters the room with the Gladers in Chapter Fifty-Nine?
5. Who insists that the Runners need to go back to their work in the Maze in Chapter Forty-Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Teresa come to meet Thomas after he leaves the Gathering in Chapter Fifty-Two?
2. What is the plan that Thomas has developed at the end of Chapter Forty-Five?
3. Who insists that Teresa be locked up in the Slammer in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
4. Who came ahead to set up the ivy vines around the Griever Hole for Thomas and the others in Chapter Fifty-Six?
5. Who coined the phrase "Survival of the Fittest" after reading Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Newt say the Keepers have reached in Chapter Fifty-Three? What preparations are made?
2. What happens when the Gladers reach the Cliff in Chapter Fifty-Five? Who sacrifices himself?
3. Who greets Thomas and Minho when they return to the Glade in Chapter Forty-Five? What information is related to them?
4. How does Thomas go about enacting his plan to be stung by a Griever in Chapter Forty-Six?
5. What information does Thomas learn from Teresa when they first officially meet in Chapter Thirty-Six?
6. What does Alby confess to in Chapter Fifty-One? Why does Alby say he committed this action?
7. What happens as the Grievers close in on the Homestead in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
8. What does Thomas encounter once he enters the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
9. What actions does Thomas commit in order to reach the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Six? How is he supported by the Gladers?
10. What is the threat that is imposed by the Doors not closing in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What do the Gladers do to prepare for this threat?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)