|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Griever take it when it leaves the Homestead in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
2. Who is the hooded boy that enters with the woman in Chapter Fifty-Nine revealed to be?
3. How many boxes of Maps does Minho drag out in Chapter Forty-Two?
4. How many of the Gladers does the woman rescuer show to their dorm rooms when the bus stops in Chapter Sixty-One?
5. Who is the Keeper of the Builders in the Glade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is produced when Thomas aligns the Maps in the end of Chapter Forty-Two?
2. Where do all of the Gladers sleep in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
3. When Thomas awakens and calls for a Gathering in Chapter Forty-Eight, he tells Newt that everything they have experienced is what?
4. What does Teresa say to Thomas via telepathy that causes him to trip and fall as he runs in the Maze in Chapter Forty-Four?
5. Who runs into the Maze after the Grievers in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas insist on doing immediately in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why?
2. What do Thomas and the other Gladers encounter when they exit the Maze in Chapter Fifty-Nine? Who greets them?
3. How does Thomas explain the sunless sky and the arrival of him and Teresa at the Gathering in Chapter Forty-Nine?
4. How is Thomas's first journey into the Maze as a Runner described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
5. What does Thomas encounter once he enters the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
6. How does Thomas go about enacting his plan to be stung by a Griever in Chapter Forty-Six?
7. How does the woman rescuer describe the events surrounding "the Flare" in Chapter Sixty-One?
8. What "new problem" does Newt present in Chapter Forty? Why does this problem become an issue for Thomas in the chapter?
9. What is the threat that is imposed by the Doors not closing in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What do the Gladers do to prepare for this threat?
10. What does Thomas demand in exchange for sharing his theory in Chapter Forty-One?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)