|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Newt think they should enact Thomas's plan in Chapter Fifty-Two?
(b) Tomorrow Night.
(c) In one week.
(d) In three days.
2. What does Alby say did not happen this evening in the end of Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) The moon did not come out.
(b) The Doors did not close.
(c) The Grievers did not appear.
(d) The stars did not appear.
3. What objects do Minho and Thomas throw over the Cliff in order to find the Griever Hole in Chapter Thirty-Five?
4. How many Gladers in all survive the endeavor of getting through the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Eight?
5. What does Minho tell the Gladers their number one priority is in the end of Chapter Fifty-Five?
(a) To protect themselves.
(b) To protect Thomas and Teresa.
(c) To kill the Griever.
(d) To reach the Glade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly found the injured Alby by the Map Room, according to Minho in Chapter Forty-One?
2. When Thomas goes through the Changing in Chapter Forty-Seven, he envisions the image of what coming toward him and consuming him?
3. In Chapter Forty-Seven, the narrator says that Thomas has no sense of what as he goes through the Changing?
4. Who do the Gladers go to in order to get the paper requested by Thomas in Chapter Forty-Two?
5. Who does Thomas stay upstairs with overnight in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas go about enacting his plan to be stung by a Griever in Chapter Forty-Six?
2. What "new problem" does Newt present in Chapter Forty? Why does this problem become an issue for Thomas in the chapter?
3. What actions does Gally commit when he appears in Chapter Thirty-Nine? What becomes of Gally in the chapter?
4. How does Thomas describe the histories of himself and the other Gladers after his Changing in Chapter Forty-Nine?
5. What do Thomas and the other Gladers encounter when they exit the Maze in Chapter Fifty-Nine? Who greets them?
6. How is Thomas's first journey into the Maze as a Runner described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
7. What happens as the Grievers close in on the Homestead in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
8. What actions does Thomas commit in order to reach the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Six? How is he supported by the Gladers?
9. What happens when the Gladers reach the Cliff in Chapter Fifty-Five? Who sacrifices himself?
10. How does Thomas explain the sunless sky and the arrival of him and Teresa at the Gathering in Chapter Forty-Nine?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)