|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the sky in Chapter Thirty-Four?
(a) The moon.
(c) The sun.
2. What has been burned in Chapter Forty?
(a) All of the Maps.
(b) The entrance to the Maze.
(c) The Homestead.
(d) The Griever-Hole.
3. What word from the code will the computer not allow Teresa to enter in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
4. At what time of night do Minho and Thomas see the first Griever in the Maze in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) One in the morning.
(c) Eleven at night.
(d) Two in the morning.
5. Who coined the phrase "Survival of the Fittest" after reading Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Herbert Spencer.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
6. How many of the Gladers does the woman rescuer show to their dorm rooms when the bus stops in Chapter Sixty-One?
7. Who admits to having burned the Maps in Chapter Fifty-One?
8. Who is in charge of getting water bottles and handing them out to all the Gladers as they prepare for their journey in Chapter Fifty-Three?
9. What immediate sensation does Thomas feel upon jumping into the Griever Hole in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
10. Who comes to the Maze Doors to bid farewell to Thomas as he heads into the Maze with the Runners in Chapter Forty-Three?
11. Who leads the charge against the Grievers in Chapter Fifty-Six?
12. What does the sign say that Thomas reveals underneath the ivy on the wall of the Maze in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) WORLD IN CATASTROPHE: KILLZONE EXPERIMENT DEPARTMENT.
(b) BEWARE THE GRIEVERS: BEWARE THE FLARE.
(c) WICKED IS GOOD.
(d) DISENGAGE THE MAZE.
13. What word used in describing the battle in Chapter Fifty-Six means a discordant and meaningless mixture of sounds?
14. How many boxes of Maps does Minho drag out in Chapter Forty-Two?
15. Minho tells Thomas before they return to the Glade in Chapter Forty-Four, "I think the Creators want us to know there's" what?
(a) No home to return to.
(b) No reason to fear the Grievers.
(c) No way out.
(d) An exit this way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair is Teresa described as having?
2. Who insists that the Runners need to go back to their work in the Maze in Chapter Forty-Three?
3. Who sacrifices himself to the Grievers in order to let the other Gladers get past them in Chapter Fifty-Five?
4. What words are written on Teresa's arm after she awakens from the coma in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. Who are set to be the backups to enter the code if something should happen to Thomas and Teresa?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)