|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alby say the Gladers water their crops in Chapter Seven?
(a) With rainwater.
(b) With water hauled from the lake.
(c) With water hauled from the river.
(d) With water from pipes.
2. For how long has Thomas been running in the Maze when he stops and decides he must head back before the Doors close in the beginning of Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
3. How long is the aluminum pole that is brought out for Ben's Banishment in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) 20 feet long.
(b) 15 feet long.
(c) 5 feet long.
(d) 30 feet long.
4. How many Grievers does Thomas end up facing when he rounds the corridor in the conclusion of Chapter Twenty?
5. What word used at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five means a pretense of having a virtuous character or principles that one does not really possess?
6. The first gravestone that Thomas examines at the cemetery in Chapter Ten has what name written on it?
7. Who says he will take Thomas on a tour of the Glade the following day in in Chapter Two?
8. How long does Chuck say he's been in the Glade in Chapter Five?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
9. What is Thomas forced to do once the Griever begins climbing the wall in the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) He is forced to stab the Griever with his stick.
(b) He is forced to leave Alby behind.
(c) He is forced to jump off the Cliff.
(d) He is forced to push Alby down the wall.
10. What does Minho do when the Grievers begin to approach in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) He grabs his knife to fight them.
(b) He takes out his bow and arrows.
(c) He runs into the forest.
(d) He climbs the vines on the Wall.
11. What does Chuck bring for him and Thomas to eat in the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) Ham sandwiches.
(b) Cold pizza.
(c) Bean burritos.
(d) Chicken legs.
12. What is the only thing Thomas can remember about his life as the novel begins in Chapter One?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His childhood bedroom.
(c) His parents' faces.
(d) His name.
13. Who brings Thomas lunch while he's in the Slammer in Chapter Thirty?
14. Who oversees all of the cooking and food preparation for the Gladers?
15. What have Thomas and Minho accomplished that has never been done before, in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) They have transformed into Grievers.
(b) They have died and been reborn.
(c) They have survived a night in the Maze.
(d) They have crossed through the Griever Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one aspect that Newt describes happening to a person during the Changing in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. There are four sections that make up the Glade. They include the Gardens, the Blood House, the Homestead, and what section?
3. How frequently does Alby say the boys receive supplies from the Box in Chapter Seven?
4. What are the Slicers in charge of in the Glade?
5. The gravestone that looks the oldest in the cemetery has what name painted on it in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)