|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alby say Thomas was with in his memory of him during the Changing in Chapter Thirty-One?
(a) The Creators.
(b) Newt and Sarah.
(c) The Grievers.
(d) His parents.
2. Who is the Runner that has collapsed in Chapter Twelve?
3. What is Thomas forced to do once the Griever begins climbing the wall in the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) He is forced to jump off the Cliff.
(b) He is forced to stab the Griever with his stick.
(c) He is forced to leave Alby behind.
(d) He is forced to push Alby down the wall.
4. What do Thomas and Newt get to eat after leaving the Homestead in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) Roast beef and potatoes.
(c) Potato salad and French fries.
(d) Cheese sandwiches and vegetables.
5. Who suggests at the Gathering that Thomas be put on the Council and train the Gladers in Chapter Twenty-Four?
6. What are the Slicers in charge of in the Glade?
(a) Weaponry and guarding the Wall.
(b) Raising and killing livestock.
(c) Map creation.
(d) Gardening and cooking.
7. How many Grievers does Thomas end up facing when he rounds the corridor in the conclusion of Chapter Twenty?
8. Who are the Med-jacks that carry away the girl to the Homestead in Chapter Nine?
(a) Newt and Chuck.
(b) Jack and Mark.
(c) Alby and Gally.
(d) Clint and Jeff.
9. Who is the Keeper of the Slicers?
10. What does Alby tell Newt to protect as he drifts back to sleep in the end of Chapter Twenty-Seven?
(a) The Maps.
(b) The Creators.
(c) The Maze.
(d) The Door.
11. Who arrives to take Thomas to the Slammer in the end of Chapter Twenty-Nine?
12. How many Banishments does Newt say he's witnessed in Chapter Fifteen?
13. How long does Minho say he's been in the Glade during the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
14. How long does Alby say he's been in the Glade in Chapter Seven?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
15. How does Alby say the Gladers water their crops in Chapter Seven?
(a) With water hauled from the lake.
(b) With water from pipes.
(c) With rainwater.
(d) With water hauled from the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Runner claim he saw a dead Griever in the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
2. Who oversees all of the cooking and food preparation for the Gladers?
3. What word used at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five means a pretense of having a virtuous character or principles that one does not really possess?
4. Who greets Thomas and Minho when the Doors open and they reenter the Glade in Chapter Twenty-Two?
5. Who comes to the Gathering to announce that Alby is thrashing about and calling to speak to someone in Chapter Twenty-Six?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)