|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the Gathering to announce that Alby is thrashing about and calling to speak to someone in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. How many Grievers does Thomas end up facing when he rounds the corridor in the conclusion of Chapter Twenty?
3. What is Thomas forced to do once the Griever begins climbing the wall in the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(a) He is forced to push Alby down the wall.
(b) He is forced to leave Alby behind.
(c) He is forced to stab the Griever with his stick.
(d) He is forced to jump off the Cliff.
4. How long is the Griever described that first approaches Thomas as he hides in the vines in Chapter Nineteen?
(a) 3 feet long.
(b) 10 feet long.
(c) 6 feet long.
(d) 20 feet long.
5. Where does the Runner claim he saw a dead Griever in the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) In the Homestead.
(b) By the Cliff.
(c) In the Deadheads.
(d) In the cemetery.
6. Who are the Med-jacks that carry away the girl to the Homestead in Chapter Nine?
(a) Alby and Gally.
(b) Newt and Chuck.
(c) Jack and Mark.
(d) Clint and Jeff.
7. What have Thomas and Minho accomplished that has never been done before, in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) They have survived a night in the Maze.
(b) They have transformed into Grievers.
(c) They have crossed through the Griever Hole.
(d) They have died and been reborn.
8. Who has begun going through the Changing at the end of Chapter Twenty-Two?
9. What does Alby tell Thomas he remembers in the Med-jack ward in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
(a) The War.
(b) The Genocide.
(c) The Plague.
(d) The Flare.
10. Where has Ben been taken for punishment after being treated by the med-jacks in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Sing Sing.
(b) The Slammer.
(c) The Pin-Pen.
(d) The Estuary.
11. What is the name of the boy that is crazed and going through the Changing in Chapter Four?
12. Who proclaims Ben's crimes and punishment during the Banishment in Chapter Fourteen?
13. What is Thomas's punishment for breaking the number one rule of the Gladers in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) One week with the Sloppers.
(b) One day in the Slammer
(c) One week in the Slammer.
(d) One week of kitchen duties.
14. What weapons does Minho say the runners typically take with them when going into the Maze in Chapter Thirty-Two?
(a) Tasers and pistols.
(b) A bow and arrows.
(c) Pistols and daggers.
(d) A couple of knives.
15. Who suggests that Thomas replace him as the Keeper of the Runners at the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Thomas can remember about his life as the novel begins in Chapter One?
2. What is the name of the girl that has come to Thomas through his thoughts in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
3. What color light is described as coming from the eye of the beetle blade in Chapter Eighteen?
4. How high off the ground does Thomas make it into the vines when he must stop and hide in Chapter Eighteen?
5. Who suggests at the Gathering that Thomas be put in the Slammer for a week with nothing but bread and water for his punishment in Chapter Twenty-Four?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)