|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Thomas lunch while he's in the Slammer in Chapter Thirty?
2. Who does Thomas room with on his first night in the Glade?
3. Who comes to the Gathering to announce that Alby is thrashing about and calling to speak to someone in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. What group of Gladers are the only ones allowed to go into the Maze?
(a) The Sloppers.
(b) The Slicers.
(c) The Track-hoes.
(d) The Runners.
5. Who is the Runner that has collapsed in Chapter Twelve?
6. Who are the Med-jacks that carry away the girl to the Homestead in Chapter Nine?
(a) Newt and Chuck.
(b) Alby and Gally.
(c) Clint and Jeff.
(d) Jack and Mark.
7. How large is the courtyard said to be that Thomas finds himself in, in Chapter Two?
(a) The size of a city block.
(b) The size of an airport landing strip.
(c) The size of Thomas's backyard at home.
(d) The size of several football fields.
8. Who storms out of the Gathering in Chapter Twenty-Five?
9. What is the only thing Thomas can remember about his life as the novel begins in Chapter One?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His childhood bedroom.
(c) His name.
(d) His parents' faces.
10. What does Minho say the number one supply is that the Runners receive when he takes Thomas to the shed in Chapter Thirty-Two?
(b) Running shoes.
(d) Paper and pens.
11. What weapons does Minho say the runners typically take with them when going into the Maze in Chapter Thirty-Two?
(a) A bow and arrows.
(b) Tasers and pistols.
(c) A couple of knives.
(d) Pistols and daggers.
12. How many Grievers does Thomas end up facing when he rounds the corridor in the conclusion of Chapter Twenty?
13. How long is the aluminum pole that is brought out for Ben's Banishment in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) 15 feet long.
(b) 20 feet long.
(c) 5 feet long.
(d) 30 feet long.
14. The Grievers are described in the novel as resembling what huge creatures?
15. Who does Newt say has run off and disappeared in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to take Thomas to the Slammer in the end of Chapter Twenty-Nine?
2. How long does Chuck say he's been in the Glade in Chapter Five?
3. Where is Thomas able to kick and injure the Griever as he flees down the vines on the Wall in Chapter Twenty?
4. What is one aspect that Newt describes happening to a person during the Changing in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. Who does Chuck play a practical joke on in the bathroom in Chapter Five?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)