|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the new rules of the game of go, after the doctor check-up?
(a) Two hours of play for two days.
(b) Three hours of play every five days.
(c) Six hours of play every seven days.
(d) Four hours of play every eight days.
2. What is added to maintain the interest of readers who are not familiar with go?
3. Of what origin is the only exception among all the great players, according to Uragami?
4. What does Uragami do when he hears the Master's reply when Uragami asks if he will agree to wait a day?
5. Who makes several aggressive plays up through Black 129?
(c) The Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the editor of the literary section of Uragami's newspaper?
2. Who made aggressive moves in the game up to the point where it was recessed?
3. What session at Ito is left up in the air after a dispute over the schedule?
4. What does the Master's brilliant move do for his chances at winning the game?
5. What stage does Uragami consider the game of go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uragami take as a sign of the Master's desire to finish the match?
2. What happens during the final session of the match?
3. How is Otake affected by the Master's poor condition of health?
4. Despite his declining health, what does the Master continue to have for the game?
5. As an amateur, what does Uragami fail to see about the Master's brilliant move?
6. What happens as the game enters the middle phase?
7. Why is Uragami coming and going in between sessions of the game of go?
8. How do the Master and Otake spend their time during the rest period?
9. When is the Master allowed to play again, in Chapter 25?
10. Why does Otake consider forfeiting because of the new rules?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)