|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what period before the next session, does the Master divert himself with other games?
2. Who influences the decisions of the Master's opponent?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His child.
3. What does Otake damage if he forfeits the game?
(a) His reputation.
(b) The table.
(c) The chess pieces.
(d) His strength.
4. When does Otake relent and agree to the conditions that the organizers of the game make to shorten the game?
(a) On the 1st day.
(b) On the 5th day.
(c) On the 3rd day.
(d) On the 4th day.
5. What are the organizers of the game eager to get finished?
(a) Their dates.
(b) Their vows.
(c) Their programs.
(d) The match.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the game reaches the middle ground, what does each player stake out?
2. What does the Master's opponent want him to do after the doctor check-up?
3. Who is eager to leave the table at the noon break, after the middle phase of the game?
4. Who insists on playing the game despite the health hazards?
5. What color is the Master's hair dyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the final session of the match?
2. What happens when Uragami goes to the master and asks him to wait for a day?
3. How is Otake affected by the Master's poor condition of health?
4. Why are amateurs disappointed in the game, according to Uragami?
5. Why does Uragami think Otake takes so long to play his move?
6. What does Uragami think of his match with the American on the train?
7. How does the Master respond to Otake's move as Chapter 21 begins?
8. What does Uragami say will happen if Otake forfeits the game?
9. Why is the judge not able to find Black 121, initially?
10. How does the Master make Otake play conservatively?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)