|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is finishing up as a new game is proposed by the sick person, after the middle phase of the game?
(a) The player.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The editor.
(d) The writer.
2. What had ended with a battle near the middle of the board?
(a) The team event.
(b) The event.
(c) The game.
(d) The march.
3. What move does the Master consider his fatal mistake in go?
(a) Black 100.
(b) White 130.
(c) Black 129.
(d) White 100.
4. What kind of specialist is sent by the newspaper to examine the sick patient?
5. Who is the editor of the literary section of Uragami's newspaper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who develops a cold and possibly some fluid in his lungs?
2. What move by the Master does Otake consider a brilliant one that leaves him in a tough spot?
3. Why is the Master bundled up?
4. Who insists on playing the game despite the health hazards?
5. Who does not know that Otake continues to threaten to forfeit rather than give in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are amateurs disappointed in the game, according to Uragami?
2. What does Uragami think of his match with the American on the train?
3. What does Otake consider a brilliant move by the Master?
4. How are the rules changed to adjust to the Master's health?
5. How does Otake compromise with the organizers who want to finish the match soon?
6. What does Uragami take as a sign of the Master's desire to finish the match?
7. What happens when Kume visits the Master and suggests a doctor for him?
8. Despite his declining health, what does the Master continue to have for the game?
9. Why does the Master's wife want to hide details about his health?
10. Why does Otake think the Master should not play in August?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)