|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what hospital has the Master been released?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Mary.
(c) St. Luke.
(d) St. George.
2. What move by the Master does Otake consider a brilliant one that leaves him in a tough spot?
(a) Black 101.
(b) White 131.
(c) Black 100.
(d) White 130.
3. Who is almost bedridden with weakness after the middle phase of the game?
4. What does Otake damage if he forfeits the game?
(a) His strength.
(b) The chess pieces.
(c) The table.
(d) His reputation.
5. Who is finishing up as a new game is proposed by the sick person, after the middle phase of the game?
(a) The writer.
(b) The player.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is difficult at Hakone on hearing about the game recess?
2. What do the organizers of the game want to see shortened in the game?
3. Who wonders if perhaps it is not just the heat of the moment that makes the Master accuse Otake of a kind of cheating?
4. How many doctors are brought in to check the sick person at the game?
5. What does Uragami do when he hears the Master's reply when Uragami asks if he will agree to wait a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Uragami goes to the master and asks him to wait for a day?
2. Why does Uragami think Otake takes so long to play his move?
3. How does Otake apparently take advantage of the rules of the game of go?
4. Why do the judges and organizers appeal to Otake to play?
5. How is Otake affected by the Master's poor condition of health?
6. What does Otake threaten to do that the Master does not know about?
7. What does Otake consider a brilliant move by the Master?
8. Why is Uragami disappointed in Wu's comments for the article?
9. Why is play in August delayed, initially?
10. How are the rules changed to adjust to the Master's health?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)