|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rules are drawn up for the competitive match?
2. How does Uragami feel towards the Master?
(a) He is troubled by him.
(b) He is fond of him.
(c) He is scared of him.
(d) He is bored by him.
3. What does Uragami notice about the Master's right eyebrow?
(a) It is skewed.
(b) It has a single long hair.
(c) It is short.
(d) It is temperamental.
4. What role does the Master play in his art?
(a) He is a martyr.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a guest.
5. To whom did the Master lose his final match?
(d) The Narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Uragami think the match will take?
2. Why is the Master not a popular opponent?
3. What is the Koyokan?
4. Where does the Master go with a judge to make his first move?
5. What drive does the Master possess despite his reserved nature at times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Uragami think the Master plays with Otake?
2. Why is Otake willing to forfeit the game?
3. What are some concessions made for the game that seem very difficult to follow?
4. On the first day of play, what does Otake apologize for and why does he do this?
5. What is the ceremonial opening for the go game like?
6. How is the ceremony for the game of go described by Yasunari?
7. Why do Uragami and the Master's wife take the Master to the sea in between sessions?
8. What does Uragami do for the widow with care and deference after the Master's death?
9. How does the Master fail to keep rules when it rains?
10. How is the Master described before his death?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)