|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change in the weather prompts concern for the Master's health?
2. What role does the timekeeper have in the game?
(a) Answers questions.
(b) Leaves notes.
(c) Shoots pool.
(d) Reviews moves.
3. What do the players wear for the ceremonial opening of the game?
(a) Traditional Korean garb.
(b) Traditional Japanese garb.
(c) Traditional Chinese garb.
(d) Traditional Taiwanese garb.
4. When is the fourth session of the game played?
(a) In July.
(b) In August.
(c) In June.
(d) In May.
5. How does the Master act during the play that disarms Otake?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is agitated.
(c) He is talkative.
(d) He is depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of rules are drawn up for the competitive match?
2. Where do the players meet for the ceremonial opening of the game?
3. When the Master's opponent leaves, who is the only person with him at the inn?
4. How many times does the Master break the rules on the first day?
5. Who is Maeda, in relationship to the Master?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the judges and reporters and Otake leave the inn, what does Uragami reflect upon?
2. Why is Otake teased in the newspaper articles about the match?
3. Why does Uragami feel touched by seeing the Master in the outbuilding?
4. Why does Uragami think the Master plays with Otake?
5. How does the Master fail to keep rules when it rains?
6. Why do Uragami and the Master's wife take the Master to the sea in between sessions?
7. What does Uragami notice in a photograph of the Master that he adds in his article?
8. What are the events that happen immediately after the end of the match?
9. Why is the Master not a popular opponent?
10. Why is Otake willing to forfeit the game?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)