|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sympathetic to the sick person after the middle phase of the game?
2. Why is the Master bundled up?
(a) To show his power.
(b) To win a game.
(c) To nurture support.
(d) To fend off chills.
3. What color is the Master's hair dyed?
4. What session at Ito is left up in the air after a dispute over the schedule?
5. What are the old rules of the game of go, prior to the doctor check-up?
(a) Four hours of play every four days.
(b) Five hours of play every five days.
(c) Three hours of play every three days.
(d) Two hours of play every two days.
6. Who confides that he thinks he is in a difficult spot because of the worsening condition of the sick patient at the game?
7. Who goes to visit Wu to get his opinion of the game between the Master and Otake?
8. What does Uragami discuss as he pleads with Otake to reconsider forfeiting the game?
(a) The rise and fall of winners.
(b) The historic nature of the game.
(c) The end of the match.
(d) The beginning of the match.
9. Who is almost bedridden with weakness after the middle phase of the game?
10. What do the Master's moves in the game do for his position?
(a) Strengthen it.
(b) Neutralize it.
(c) Raise it.
(d) Weaken it.
11. What does Otake play in the next session after a break?
(a) White 100.
(b) Black 121.
(c) Black 100.
(d) White 121.
12. Who develops a cold and possibly some fluid in his lungs?
(d) The Master.
13. Who made aggressive moves in the game up to the point where it was recessed?
14. What do the organizers of the game want to see shortened in the game?
(a) The end of the matches.
(b) The start of the programs.
(c) The beginning of the game.
(d) The period between sessions.
15. In what month has the Master been released from hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who influences the decisions of the Master's opponent?
2. What does the Master talk openly to others about?
3. What move does the Master consider his fatal mistake in go?
4. In the final session of the play, what becomes apparent about the Master?
5. What stage does Uragami consider the game of go?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)