|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose health is deteriorating by August?
2. How many doctors are brought in to check the sick person at the game?
3. Who finds it hard to write about Otake and the Master?
(a) The go teacher.
(c) The priest.
4. Who confides that he thinks he is in a difficult spot because of the worsening condition of the sick patient at the game?
5. Who wonders if perhaps it is not just the heat of the moment that makes the Master accuse Otake of a kind of cheating?
6. Who asks to play a game of go on the train home with Uragami?
(a) A Swede.
(b) An American.
(c) A Japanese person.
(d) A Chinese person.
7. What does the Master talk openly to others about?
(a) His joy.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His fears.
(d) His health.
8. What does the Master do before the middle phase of the game that invokes the appreciation of onlookers?
(a) He defeats Otake in the game.
(b) He concedes defeat graciously.
(c) He upsets the board.
(d) He avoids Otake's aggressive move.
9. Who is sympathetic to the sick person after the middle phase of the game?
10. What does Uragami do when he hears the Master's reply when Uragami asks if he will agree to wait a day?
11. What is Otake known for making?
(a) Quick moves.
(b) Impatient moves.
(c) Slow moves.
(d) Well-planned moves.
12. What session at Ito is left up in the air after a dispute over the schedule?
13. By making a move far away from the central battle that required a quick response, how did Otake leave the positions in the important parts of the board?
14. Who makes several aggressive plays up through Black 129?
(a) The Master.
15. When does the Master announce that he will resume playing after visiting the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who develops a cold and possibly some fluid in his lungs?
2. What does the Master's brilliant move do for his chances at winning the game?
3. In the final session of the play, what becomes apparent about the Master?
4. When the Master announces the day of the play, what does Otake request?
5. What are the new rules of the game of go, after the doctor check-up?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)