|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Master announce that he will resume playing after visiting the hospital?
2. When does Otake relent and agree to the conditions that the organizers of the game make to shorten the game?
(a) On the 5th day.
(b) On the 1st day.
(c) On the 3rd day.
(d) On the 4th day.
3. Who is the editor of the literary section of Uragami's newspaper?
4. What are the organizers of the game eager to get finished?
(a) The match.
(b) Their dates.
(c) Their vows.
(d) Their programs.
5. What does Uragami do when he hears the Master's reply when Uragami asks if he will agree to wait a day?
6. What does the Master's brilliant move do for his chances at winning the game?
(a) Seals his success.
(b) Helps him lose.
(c) Seals his defeat.
(d) Helps him declare neutral.
7. How is Wu, regarding his comments about the game between the Master and Otake?
8. Who finds it hard to write about Otake and the Master?
(a) The priest.
(c) The go teacher.
9. What does Uragami discuss as he pleads with Otake to reconsider forfeiting the game?
(a) The rise and fall of winners.
(b) The historic nature of the game.
(c) The end of the match.
(d) The beginning of the match.
10. What move by the Master does Otake consider a brilliant one that leaves him in a tough spot?
(a) Black 101.
(b) White 130.
(c) Black 100.
(d) White 131.
11. Who refuses to play after the session at Ito is left up in the air after a dispute over the schedule?
12. What does the Master publish after the match is over?
(a) An apology.
(b) A note.
(c) A commentary.
(d) A love letter.
13. From what hospital has the Master been released?
(a) St. George.
(b) St. Luke.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Mary.
14. What had ended with a battle near the middle of the board?
(a) The game.
(b) The team event.
(c) The event.
(d) The march.
15. Who makes several aggressive plays up through Black 129?
(b) The Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only exception among all the great players, according to Uragami?
2. When does Uragami join the Master for a meal as the play stops?
3. In what month has the Master been released from hospital?
4. How does the Master insist on playing?
5. What does the Master seem to lack at the final match, according to Uragami?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)