|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists on playing the game despite the health hazards?
2. How is Wu, regarding his comments about the game between the Master and Otake?
3. Who develops a cold and possibly some fluid in his lungs?
(c) The Master.
4. What play made the Master so furious that he almost forfeited the game right then?
(a) Black 121.
(b) White 141.
(c) White 101.
(d) Black 131.
5. What stage does Uragami consider the game of go?
6. When the Master announces the day of the play, what does Otake request?
(a) A day of rest.
(b) Another phone call.
(c) A chance to win.
(d) A doctor's visit.
7. Who is eager to leave the table at the noon break, after the middle phase of the game?
8. What does the Master call a solid move after the match is over?
(a) Black 100.
(b) White 100.
(c) White 131.
(d) Black 121.
9. Who does not know that Otake continues to threaten to forfeit rather than give in?
(c) The Master.
10. What is added to maintain the interest of readers who are not familiar with go?
11. Who would rather not play after the middle phase of the game?
12. What are the organizers of the game eager to get finished?
(a) Their vows.
(b) Their programs.
(c) The match.
(d) Their dates.
13. What does the Master's opponent want him to do after the doctor check-up?
(b) Start over.
(c) Run away.
14. Why is the Master bundled up?
(a) To nurture support.
(b) To fend off chills.
(c) To show his power.
(d) To win a game.
15. What move does the Master consider his fatal mistake in go?
(a) White 100.
(b) White 130.
(c) Black 129.
(d) Black 100.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Master's hair dyed?
2. When the game reaches the middle ground, what does each player stake out?
3. Of what origin is the only exception among all the great players, according to Uragami?
4. Whose health is deteriorating by August?
5. In what is Wu's opinion of the game between the Master and Otake included?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)