|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the Master play in his art?
(a) He is a guest.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a martyr.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. Why does Otake play with black stones?
(a) He is of higher rank.
(b) He likes black.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is of lower rank.
3. To whom did the Master lose his final match?
(a) The Narrator.
4. After a delay of how many months does Otake make a suspicious play?
5. What does the Master's opening play have to be, according to Otake?
6. What role does the timekeeper have in the game?
(a) Shoots pool.
(b) Answers questions.
(c) Reviews moves.
(d) Leaves notes.
7. What is the Master hospitalized for?
(a) A leg problem.
(b) A back problem.
(c) A heart condition.
(d) A chest problem.
8. What polite practice does the Master fail to do?
(a) Bow to people.
(b) Thank people.
(c) Listen to people.
(d) Greet people.
9. Where is the fourth session of the game played?
(d) Island Top.
10. What does Uragami believe goes along with the Master?
(a) A way of life.
(b) A turban.
(c) A sword.
(d) A book.
11. What does Uragami write about in an article about the game that is unusual?
(a) The Master's attitude.
(b) The Master's height.
(c) The Master's weight.
(d) The Master's hair.
12. What does Uragami believe is responsible for the Master's death?
13. What is Otake upset about the Master breaking?
(b) His board.
(c) His cup.
14. Where does Uragami meet Otake when he is upset with the Master?
(a) Inside the Hakone.
(b) Outside the Yasunari.
(c) Inside the Kawabe.
(d) Outside the Koyokan.
15. What does Uragami see in the features of the Master?
(a) Something loving.
(b) Something strong.
(c) Something poignant.
(d) Something disturbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the play about to begin when the Master asks for it to be moved, on the first day?
2. Who makes an aggressive move during the fourth session of the game?
3. When the Master's opponent leaves, who is the only person with him at the inn?
4. What kinds of rules are drawn up for the competitive match?
5. Where does the Master go with a judge to make his first move?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)