|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what articles is Otake teased about taking frequent breaks?
2. Why does Otake apologize many times on the first day of play?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He has to go to the bathroom a lot.
(c) He is sweating.
(d) He makes many mistakes.
3. What is the Master hospitalized for?
(a) A back problem.
(b) A heart condition.
(c) A chest problem.
(d) A leg problem.
4. What kinds of rules are drawn up for the competitive match?
5. What change in the weather prompts concern for the Master's health?
6. Where does Uragami take Otake the day after the Master goes on retreat?
(a) A cliff.
(b) The tea house.
(c) The same place.
(d) A pool.
7. What does Uragami believe goes along with the Master?
(a) A sword.
(b) A way of life.
(c) A book.
(d) A turban.
8. How long does Uragami think the match will take?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
9. What does Uragami write about in an article about the game that is unusual?
(a) The Master's weight.
(b) The Master's hair.
(c) The Master's height.
(d) The Master's attitude.
10. How many years is the Master in retirement before he comes to play with Otake?
11. What culture does the Master greatly influence?
12. Who follows polite practices for the Master?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
13. What do the players wear for the ceremonial opening of the game?
(a) Traditional Japanese garb.
(b) Traditional Korean garb.
(c) Traditional Taiwanese garb.
(d) Traditional Chinese garb.
14. Where does the Master go with a judge to make his first move?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A parlor.
(d) A private room.
15. What does Otake drink a lot of during the game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the outbuilding lie beyond?
2. What does the Narrator do at the Master's last professional game of go?
3. Why does the Master play with white stones?
4. Who greets the Master in his room when he is bent over oddly?
5. Who plays immediately after the break, indicating that he came up with the response during the break?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)