|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the timekeeper have in the game?
(a) Reviews moves.
(b) Shoots pool.
(c) Leaves notes.
(d) Answers questions.
2. What does Uragami see in the features of the Master?
(a) Something strong.
(b) Something poignant.
(c) Something loving.
(d) Something disturbing.
3. What culture does the Master greatly influence?
4. To whom did the Master lose his final match?
(b) The Narrator.
5. How many children does the Master have?
6. When the Master attained his title, what was expected of him?
(a) To give speeches.
(b) To share his winnings.
(c) To never concede defeat.
(d) To always win.
7. What is Otake upset about the Master breaking?
(a) His cup.
(d) His board.
8. What drive does the Master possess despite his reserved nature at times?
9. When the Master played with Wu, what allegations were made about the Master?
(a) He lied to Wu.
(b) He denied his power.
(c) He cheated.
(d) He used illness as an excuse.
10. For what does the Master propose changes to rules?
(a) The ritual.
(b) The game.
(c) The tea ceremony.
(d) The setting.
11. Why is the Master not a popular opponent?
(a) He spends a lot of time thinking.
(b) He is very loud and obnoxious.
(c) He always wins.
(d) He always cheats.
12. Where is the fourth session of the game played?
(c) Island Top.
13. Where does Uragami take Otake the day after the Master goes on retreat?
(a) A cliff.
(b) The same place.
(c) A pool.
(d) The tea house.
14. Why does Otake ask to be excused repeatedly from the game?
(a) To rest.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To fight.
(d) To cry.
15. What does the Master seem casual about delaying?
(a) The resumption of the game.
(b) The ceremony of tea.
(c) The transfer of authority.
(d) The ritual of performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what articles is Otake teased about taking frequent breaks?
2. What does Uragami believe goes along with the Master?
3. What kind of health condition is the Master in during the last game?
4. Why does the Master play with white stones?
5. When is the fourth session of the game played?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)