|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture does the Master greatly influence?
2. At the end of the game, how does the Master appear?
(c) Calm and collected.
3. Who greets the Master in his room when he is bent over oddly?
(a) His son.
(b) His valet.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
4. What role does the Master play in his art?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a guest.
(d) He is a martyr.
5. Where does Uragami meet Otake when he is upset with the Master?
(a) Outside the Yasunari.
(b) Inside the Kawabe.
(c) Inside the Hakone.
(d) Outside the Koyokan.
6. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. What is Uragami not confident in doing, regarding skills?
8. Where is the fourth session of the game played?
(d) Island Top.
9. What is the Master able to do when he is playing a game?
(a) Shut out all disturbances.
(b) Win every time.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Knit socks.
10. Why does Otake play with black stones?
(a) He is of higher rank.
(b) He likes black.
(c) He is of lower rank.
(d) He is old.
11. What does the Master's odd bent position remind Uragami of?
(a) The past.
(b) The present.
(c) The game.
(d) The future.
12. What does Otake drink a lot of during the game?
13. How many times does the Master break the rules on the first day?
14. Why does the Master play with white stones?
(a) He is of lower rank.
(b) He is of higher rank.
(c) He likes white.
(d) He is old.
15. What does Uragami write about in an article about the game that is unusual?
(a) The Master's height.
(b) The Master's weight.
(c) The Master's attitude.
(d) The Master's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Otake ask to be excused repeatedly from the game?
2. Where does Uragami take Otake the day after the Master goes on retreat?
3. What does the outbuilding lie beyond?
4. In what articles is Otake teased about taking frequent breaks?
5. How often do the players meet in the game of go?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)