|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uragami write about in an article about the game that is unusual?
(a) The Master's hair.
(b) The Master's attitude.
(c) The Master's weight.
(d) The Master's height.
2. What culture does the Master greatly influence?
3. What does the Master do that resembles a violent struggle internally?
(a) Body shaking.
(b) Moanful sounds.
(c) Heavy breathing.
4. How many years is the Master in retirement before he comes to play with Otake?
5. When is the fourth session of the game played?
(a) In August.
(b) In June.
(c) In May.
(d) In July.
6. Where is the fourth session of the game played?
(a) Island Top.
7. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. Why does Otake play first?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is younger.
(c) He is of lower rank.
(d) He is of higher rank.
9. How many plays can professional players make in the game that the Master has?
10. What is Uragami not confident in doing, regarding skills?
11. What is Otake upset about the Master breaking?
(a) His cup.
(d) His board.
12. What does the Master seem casual about delaying?
(a) The ritual of performance.
(b) The resumption of the game.
(c) The transfer of authority.
(d) The ceremony of tea.
13. What association's directors also attend the ceremonial opening of the game?
(a) Michelin Tires.
(b) Chinese Shinhua.
(c) Korean Tai.
(d) Japanese Go.
14. To whom did the Master lose his final match?
(c) The Narrator.
15. When does Uragami notice the Master's right eyebrow?
(a) During his prayer ceremony.
(b) During his reading.
(c) During his tea ceremony.
(d) During his coverage of the last game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Master appear to have trouble understanding, regarding the game?
2. What makes the river near the game flood and swell?
3. How does Uragami travel after the match to go home?
4. Why does Otake ask to be excused repeatedly from the game?
5. In what world does the Master play a pivotal part?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)