|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma find on Laurel's computer?
2. What is La Paloma?
3. What has to be more elaborate that the last one?
4. What does Emma accept about Sutton?
5. Where does Emma go after everyone is asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emma figure Laurel could have done as far as luring Emma there and the note on Sutton's car?
2. What does Becky say to Emma in a dream and what happens when Emma wakes from the dream?
3. How does Ethan and Emma come to be on a deserted, dirt road?
4. What does Sutton remember about the scene at the hot springs?
5. What does Garrett say about Charlotte?
6. What other things could Laurel know that might implicate her in Sutton's death?
7. What theory do Emma and Sutton derive from Laurel's reaction to the note?
8. Describe the video Emma finds when Charlotte, Madeline and Laurel are choking Sutton.
9. What does Emma find in her pocket and what does Nisha say about the note??
10. How does Nisha try to humiliate Sutton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Emma goes through posts on Laurel's computer and finds endless videos of pranks. Sutton watches as Emma goes through them, feeling sicker by the moment. She realizes that the pranks were cruel and that lots of people were hurt by them.
1. Discuss what you think are the motivations behind Sutton's pranks. Use examples from your own life and the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think Sutton would have ever seen herself in life the way she does in death? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and the book to support your answer.
3. Discuss the various problems with practical jokes and why you think some people do them. Use examples from your own life and the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in The Lying Game? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in The Lying Game including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from The Lying Game and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think The Lying Game is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)