|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sir Francis' body when Dennis comes home one night?
(a) Hanging from the rafters.
(b) With his head in the gas stove.
(c) Dead in the bathtub.
(d) With the car running in the garage.
2. Who is Sir Francis Hinsley?
(a) The elder of the two Englishmen.
(b) The director of a play in which the two Englishmen are acting.
(c) A person about whom the two Englishmen are making disparaging remarks.
(d) The younger of the two Englishmen.
3. What did Dennis do in World War II?
(a) He was in the Transport Command in Italy.
(b) He was an ambulance driver in England.
(c) He was a bomber pilot.
(d) He was not qualified to be in the military.
4. Why is Dennis happy at his job?
(a) There are wonderful people working with him.
(b) It involves variety.
(c) The hours are great.
(d) It pays very well.
5. How long does it take Aimée to paint a body?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) About an hour.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high are the letters carved into the marble slab at the funeral home?
2. What trophy is in the room where Dennis is escorted?
3. Why does Dennis propose marriage?
4. What is Megalopolitan?
5. What does Barlow find difficult to believe about the funeral home's structure?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)