|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis ask Erroll Bartholomew?
(a) How to become a non-sectarian minister.
(b) Why dead people always seem to be smiling.
(c) How to get a job with the State.
(d) How to perform a marriage ceremony.
2. What does Aimée ask a columnist?
(a) If her horoscope means she will never marry.
(b) If her horoscope means she will die young.
(c) If she might be in love with Dennis.
(d) If she might be in love with Mr. Joyboy.
3. What did Sir Francis once work as?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) The chief scriptwriter for a studio.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A cartoonist.
4. What has Aimée been chosen to do?
(a) Play the organ at a service.
(b) Lead a recitation of a poem for the dead mother and child.
(c) Become the company's first female embalmer.
(d) Sing at a service.
5. Who does Dennis tell that he is writing a poem?
(a) Sir Ambrose.
(b) Mr. Joyboy.
(c) Mr. Schultz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Slump not know?
2. What are the principal settings for this novel?
3. Where does Mr. Joyboy arrange for Sambo's disposal?
4. What does Mr. Slump say about what women cannot seem to do?
5. Whose nationality is changed from Spanish to Celtic?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)