|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
2. What causes Garraty to receive his second warning in Chapter 11?
3. Whom does the woman scream for at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What is the big highway?
5. In Chapter 11, who says, "God help us an' points south"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stebbins mean when he says to Garraty, "Maybe it's your edge"?
2. Why does Garraty want to see Barkovitch in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 11, the boys are honored by the color guard. How do the Walkers respond and why?
4. What does Garraty reveal about Jimmy Owens in Chapter 11?
5. What fear does Garraty begin obsessing over in Chapter 15, thanks to Stebbins, and why does it upset him so?
6. How does Barkovitch respond to Garraty's proposal in Chapter 12?
7. What does McVries do to try to keep Garraty from obsessing over the time?
8. How does Barkovitch die?
9. What is more gruesome about Olson's murder than most of the previous ones? What reactions are there?
10. What upsets McVries about the boys in the leather jackets at the front?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would you have done if you were one of the Walkers? Would you still be walking to the end? What would your physical and emotional condition be?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Baker says, "all we are is mice in a trap." Discuss this statement. Be sure to include whether you agree or disagree and why.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 14, Garraty antagonizes Barkovitch, but in the next chapter, Stebbins does the same to him. Why does Garraty do it? Stebbins? Is it for the same or different reasons? Is it a conscious decision that either makes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)