|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is writing down everyone's name and number at the beginning and for what purpose?
2. How many boys are still on the Long Walk when Chapter 4 ends?
3. Whom does one of the highway repair men have ten bucks bet on?
4. What lunch did Garraty's mom used to make for him and his father when they went hunting?
5. What is compared to old silk in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garraty think of Stebbins as the "lean Buddha"?
2. Describe Garraty's mother.
3. Describe McVries' breakdown in Chapter 6.
4. Why does Garraty receive a warning in Chapter 1?
5. What greets the Walkers when they walk into Caribou city limits?
6. Garraty begins half-dozing while walking after leaving Caribou. What images go through his mind?
7. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
8. What causes the boys to collectively groan in Chapter 4 and why?
9. Describe what happens between Rank and Barkovitch.
10. What happens to Percy's mother in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would you have done if you were one of the Walkers? Would you still be walking to the end? What would your physical and emotional condition be?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 12, the reader finds out more about the reality that "The Long Walk" takes place when Stebbins says that the urge to do good is "when the old realities and moralities are starting to sink in. In the old days, before the Change and the Squads,...they used to set up foundations and build libraries..." Discuss what you believe led to the Change and the Squads and how life changed for people.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dark figure beckoning to Garraty at the end of the book. What/who do you think it is?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)