|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who says, "I have no idea what I'll want if I do win this"?
2. What is number ten wearing when he gets shot?
3. McVries loses it in Chapter 6 and challenges the soldiers to a fight and receiving how many warnings?
4. How many warnings does Garraty have when they are almost at 50 miles?
5. What is the third boy who gets shot wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Garraty's mother.
2. Garraty wants to know why there aren't more people watching the Long Walk in Chapter 8. Who explains why and what is the explanation?
3. What happens to Walker number 9?
4. What begins with Davidson's story about the hoochie-kooch tent?
5. What happened to Baker's brother?
6. What greets the Walkers when they walk into Caribou city limits?
7. Sum up what the boys have to say about love and death in Chapter 4.
8. What happens to Percy's mother in Chapter 3?
9. What does Harkness want to do when the Long Walk ends?
10. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, McVries notes the passing of their first cemetery, "our first boneyard." At this point, death is not something the boys can ignore anymore. Many realize that they will most likely die before this is all over because their can only be one winner. Explain how attitudes and expectations about death change during "The Long Walk".
Essay Topic 2
What would you have done if you were one of the Walkers? Would you still be walking to the end? What would your physical and emotional condition be?
Essay Topic 3
As Garraty becomes more tired, he begins thinking of Jan more as "the best thing he had every known" and about their first real kiss. Discuss how memories and images of her keep him walking.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)