|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Freaky D'Allessio?
2. When the boys "wake" in Chapter 6, what does McVries offer Garraty to eat?
3. What does Garraty call the twelve miles of zigzag roads in Chapter 7?
4. What time does Garraty's watch say when the Major begins the competition?
5. Who says, "We want to die, that's why we're doing it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garraty receive a warning in Chapter 1?
2. What greets the Walkers when they walk into Caribou city limits?
3. Garraty begins half-dozing while walking after leaving Caribou. What images go through his mind?
4. What happens to Walker number 9?
5. What begins with Davidson's story about the hoochie-kooch tent?
6. What causes the boys to collectively groan in Chapter 4 and why?
7. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
8. Garraty feels a superior gratification in Chapter 6. Why?
9. Describe Limestone.
10. Who are the first spectators that the Walkers see soon after 5 a.m. in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephen King writes in the Introduction about the necessity of "killing" Richard Bachman. Explain why you think he must do this. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasons.
Essay Topic 2
As Garraty becomes more tired, he begins thinking of Jan more as "the best thing he had every known" and about their first real kiss. Discuss how memories and images of her keep him walking.
Essay Topic 3
What would you have done if you were one of the Walkers? Would you still be walking to the end? What would your physical and emotional condition be?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)