|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Garraty play doctor with when he was five years old?
2. Who says that if he had a dollar that he would put it on Garraty to win?
3. Who was placed in a police cruiser in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Freaky D'Allessio?
5. Who describes Barkovitch as "He's just walkin' to see other people die"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first spectators that the Walkers see soon after 5 a.m. in Chapter 6?
2. What happened to Baker's brother?
3. Why does Garraty receive a warning in Chapter 1?
4. Garraty begins half-dozing while walking after leaving Caribou. What images go through his mind?
5. Describe McVries' breakdown in Chapter 6.
6. Sum up what the boys have to say about love and death in Chapter 4.
7. Describe what happens between Rank and Barkovitch.
8. Describe Garraty's hometown.
9. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the boy in the pine tree in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Mike and Scramm plan out the way they will end their lives, they sit down together to talk. However, Garraty notes that they aren't speaking the same language. What is the significance of this?
Essay Topic 2
Garraty observes a family having a picnic on the side of the road and calls them freaks for eating and watching as starving boys pass them by. Later, Stebbins refers to the Long Walk as the national pastime. Why do you think people line up to watch boys die?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dark figure beckoning to Garraty at the end of the book. What/who do you think it is?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)