|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Garraty has seen his father?
2. Whom did Garraty play doctor with when he was five years old?
3. Why is Garraty fascinated by Scramm?
4. Who says, "You get paid to shoot me, not to look at me"?
5. What kind of car does Ray Garraty drive up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Percy's mother in Chapter 3?
2. Garraty feels a superior gratification in Chapter 6. Why?
3. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
4. Sum up what the boys have to say about love and death in Chapter 4.
5. What causes Garraty to almost lose it in Chapter 8, and how does McVries help him?
6. What happened to Baker's brother?
7. What happened two years ago at the marker post that Olson points to?
8. What happens to Walker number 9?
9. Describe Garraty's mother.
10. How does McVries end up with a scar on his face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, Baker says, "all we are is mice in a trap." Discuss this statement. Be sure to include whether you agree or disagree and why.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Garraty tells the other boys that his dad was Squaded, and Baker talks about participating in something that was a Squading offense. In this book, the author has provided clues about the Squad. Discuss what you know about the Squad, and describe what you believe "Squaded" and "Squading" refers to.
Essay Topic 3
When Mike and Scramm plan out the way they will end their lives, they sit down together to talk. However, Garraty notes that they aren't speaking the same language. What is the significance of this?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)